Western U.S. trip

Discussion in 'Americas' started by t-bills, Feb 28, 2013.

1. t-bills

t-bills brushed aluminum

Oddometer:
    I worked a bunch of OT last year and banked the time as comp time. Now I'm cashing in. :evil I'm going to leave mid-May and return mid-June. I have finished the route sort of. It is in two pieces because the one file kind of screwed up.
    http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/Spring-Trip
    http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/23894
    I will be camping along the way with the occasional hotel. Some of the places I plan to stop include:
    Painted Desert
    big hole in the ground meteor site near Winslow
    Hoover Dam
    Grand Canyon
    Horseshoe Bend
    Antelope Canyon
    Zion
    Cedar Breaks
    Bryce Canyon
    Grand Staircase
    Canyonlands
    Glacier
    Black Hills
    Badlands

I am still fully open to changing the route. In fact, I don't expect to stay on route once the trip begins. If people have suggestions, please let me know. I've never really been out west before (once to Boulder for bicycle riding). The list above is primarily generated from others' suggestions. Please provide input for other parks to hit, roads to ride, places to eat, etc. I'll be sure to report my ride as I do it.
  2. HeyWhatever

HeyWhatever Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. Samford

Samford Be Kind, Work Hard, Live Simply

Oddometer:
    Funny... I'll be heading to Asheville, NC in mid-May to explore the Smoky Mountains until mid-June. It's funny how that works... isn't it? :lol3 Anyway, safe travels... I'm positive you'll enjoy every minute of it. :clap
  4. t-bills

t-bills brushed aluminum

Oddometer:
    I'll be sure to wave as we pass each other heading home. I get to ride the Smokies anytime I want (and do often). Let me know if you want any pointers or tips on where to go.