[ADVdepot] Globescout Panniers & Adventure Equipment, Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by F800 Rob, Jan 31, 2013.

1. klc4885

klc4885 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just checking on this I'm buying a 2013 1200 GSA and would like some of these panniers. How long of a wait is there currently?
  2. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    I had that thought as well. I'll talk to GlobeScout, but nothing smaller is in the cards quite yet.

1. You can mount GlobeScouts on anything, pratically. They make puck kits for 15MM, 16MM, and 18MM bars. (that's pretty much any rounded hoop on the market) The racks that we use come in one flavor only. The exhaust side is about an extra 6CM out from where the non-exhaust side is. That's about perfectly the difference between the 35 and 45L pannier.

2. 35 / 35 will work. They will look slight off-balanced though, but not horribly so.

3. Sure. PM me. I'll also put it up on the site later this weekend.

4. Yes, we do offer a kit for that. It's $25, and basically two of these:

[​IMG]
  3. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    We're working on getting sets air freighted in, and should have an ETA early this week. As of right now, we've already spoken to GlobeScout about it and expect more after the initial shipment soon. (much before our next scheduled delivery in May)

I'd suggest giving us a call (877-333-9669) or email (customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com) on Monday for the absolute latest status.
  4. freefall109

freefall109 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any edumacated guesses on how much a difference it would on the left (Non exhaust) side?

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. You have definitely got a quality product on your hands and I like that someone is splitting the difference between TT's market with what seems like a superior product. :roflThey'd better get back to the drawing board now that you are in the game. Not to mention you offer a military Discount and some unnamed other does not.....thanks by the way!

I am sold on the Panniers. I am just not completely sold on the HB "lock-it" Rack. I like how they have made it detachable, just don't know how important that is to me. I want to closest fit allowing the back to be as narrow as possible. If the GSA is 39", then 42" on my T800 or your F800 is too much IMHO. Lot's of room for improvement there.

Can you provide us Tiger owners a distance between mounting points on the HB rack as shown below (forgive my use of TT but your website doesn't have a rear view of the HB rack)?
    [​IMG]

As a rack expert yourself, do you know what the 35/45 Globe trotter Panniers width would be on a TT Rack?

Thanks,

Bo
  5. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Great question, Bo. The widths of each pannier are as follows:

35L - ~8.6 Inches
    45L - ~11 Inches

For comparison sake, the Touratech panniers are 8.5, 9.5, and 11.5" for the 31, 38, and 45 respectively, per here. Assuming that the Tiger 800 width is 42", the width of the HB rack is 22.4 inches.

Using the 38/45 TT pannier kit as base (also at 42") we can calculate the width of the TT rack out to be about 21", and the GlobeScout panniers on a TT rack to be about 40.5" You can mount the GlobeScouts on any flat sided rack, such as a TT, Holan, or Happy Trail setup.

Does that help? I hope so! I need a beer after all of that math... :D
  6. freefall109

Oddometer:
    A beer you deserve, Rob! So, bottomline...for an extra 100 dollars you can gain aprox 1.5 inches! *she wishes*:lol3

Just got to figure out if I plan to chop and weld these myself or keep them as is. Thanks and I'll be in touch soon.
  7. freefall109

Oddometer:
    ttime4four,

I did some math of my own from figures provided to me by TT rack owners. Figured you or maybe others would find it useful. Rob has covered the HB racks, however, a centerline measurement is still needed to find difference from right to left if using 35/35 combo. The below figures should apply to those using TT racks and two GlobeScout panniers on a Tiger800.

From centerline of bike:
    TT racks and 2ea 35L GS panniers:
    -Left side would hang 17.6"
    -Right side would hang 20.35"
    = aprox 38" width

TT racks, and 35/45 GS panniers
    - Left side 20.02"
    - Right side 20.35"
    = Aprox 40"+

Plus side, you lose some distance using TT racks, downside, you lose 100 bones and the ability to disconnect racks.
  8. JRose

JRose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Want.

I too don't care for the 45L size, and would prefer either a slightly smaller than 35L for the exhaust side, or either a 35L that's got a notch cut for the exhaust.

I sent you guys a message. I'm loving the boxes, just have to figure how I want to fit them to my new F800.
  9. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    We're on it. I actually had a phone conversation with the GlobeScout factory on Friday about it. No promises, but it's something that I've committed to purchase should they develop it.

Also - a quick note on the R1200GS Special kit. We're continuing to work on getting more beyond what was in our initial stocking order. We've very, very optimistic at this point that we're going to be able to bring in a significant quantity of these in the next 30 days or so.

If you're interested in an R1200GS Special kit, and you haven't placed an order because we ran out, I'd suggest putting in an order now to take advantage of the $100 of launch promotion.

Other kits are still available, but they are selling fast! We're expecting to be completely sold through the initial order before it arrives. Don't delay!!
  10. freefall109

Oddometer:
    Rob,

what size mounting pucks do I need if I have TT racks?

Thanks
    Bo
  11. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    18 mm.
  12. freefall109

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Rob. Just ordered a set of 35's. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

Bo
  13. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Awesome!

Thanks!
  14. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    Hi Rob,

Just to remind you I'm still waiting for news about the mounting system for the KTM 1190 ADV to make my order :ear
  15. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, no update on this. For the 1190, we're relying on Hepco and Becker for the frame, and they have not committed on a release date for it, or even when they will start looking at producing one.

A few house keeping updates:
    • We have approximately 1 week before the GlobeScout panniers arrive. There is still time to order a set from the initial shipment, but it's nearly sold out! We have low single digits of both the natural and black sets remaining. If you want a set, I would suggest ordering NOW so you are guaranteed one from the initial shipment, and you get the $100 pre-order discount. Once they arrive, the discount ends. We will not be offering this discount again.
    • We've posted an exhaustive review sent over by one of our beta testers. Nearly 100 pictures of the install, along with everything you could hope to know about GlobeScout panniers is up and ready for your review here: http://advdepot.com/GlobeScout-review
    • DEALERS - We'll be offering special dealer pricing starting with our next shipment, due in June! If you are interested, please contact us. If you want your dealer to stock GlobeScout panniers, please tell them to contact us visit our dealer page here: http://advdepot.com/GlobeScout-dealers
  16. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Well, it looks like I'm a liar. I received a part number for the rack today - we're chasing it down now, and should have something tomorrow.

Also, we received information on the 2013 R1200GS Top Case mount. It will be available starting with the next shipment. (late May / early June)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
  18. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great news! Price? When can we order?
  19. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    Order placed...
    Thanks for having the Troop ID discount - that's just very cool.

:thumb
  20. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    If you don't mind, send over an email to customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com. That way we can let you know as soon as we do. Bill manages that, and you shouldn't have to wait for him to tell me, and them for me to find time and post on ADVRider.

Pricing should be in line with the other R1200GS Topcase Mounts - probably around $120-$130 depending if it's anodized or stainless. http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1226

It, unfortunately, won't be order-able for at least another month or so. We'll most likely wait until it's on the way before we open ordering up.
    No no, thank you for your service! You and folks just like you are the reason why we're here and why we're able to do any of this.

For folks that don't know - we offer a permanent, standing discount to US Military active duty, retirees, veterans, military spouses and military families. We partner with a organization called TroopID for validation of service. TroopID was founded and is staffed by veterans, can be signed up for online, and extends way beyond just ADVDepot.com.

You can find more information on our site: http://advdepot.com/militarydiscount/ or on the TroopID website: http://troopid.com