D2D 2013 General Info and CommentThread

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Oct 8, 2012.

1. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was planning to attend D2D for the 15th time.......But now that I know AH's stand on the boardwalk with thier arms folded I'm not going back. Thanks for the warning pal.
  2. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    :lurk

I'm young minded, just get me drunk with the bar gal. :killen
  3. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    They're not all on the boardwalk. Some AHs spend most of the event confined to a room in the Downtown Hotel sellling tickets and other AH accouterments. :lol3
  4. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    :ymca
  5. JustInconsistent

JustInconsistent Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Indeed! I had a lot of fun last year, but dinner was my favorite part. The food was awesome and so was the company and atmosphere. Seeing that kind of community involvement from the local volunteer fire department says a lot about the rally as well as the kindness of our hosts.
    :pot :hide

Well, maybe the poker run and some of the scenery on the way was my favorite part.

I got a crap hand though, so it could have been the end of the poker run and the lighthearted hoodlums and the mini obstacle course that stuck with me most. (Don't spare the hose this year!)

Ahhh. . . well. . . . watching a beer in a sock be confiscated (and returned!) by an officer with a polite Canadian accent was a pretty funny highlight too.

But that won't stick with me as well as my favorite part; seeing all the different motorcycles and learning so much about them. . . .

. . . . but the motorcycles wouldn't have been anything without the stories from the folks that brought them. There were some real characters around.

Characters like the rider who rallied his gold wing right up to the top of the dome, making what could have been my favorite moment.

No, it was dinner. Even if I missed everything else I would have been happy with dinner. What an all around great time though. Thanks to everyone who makes D2D what it is..... whatever it is. I'm really looking forward to it.
  6. JustInconsistent

JustInconsistent Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't forget to get your Sour Toe! Just remember, it's not a toe to stand on. :rofl
  7. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hay Khuddy......I resemble that remark!
  8. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Sour toe shot is a must for me. I'll have to do it .

Yum
  9. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil

Oddometer:
    Kevin,

You can leave your tuxedo at home, the wedding is off. It seems word got out, regarding Maggie's plans, and things began to turn sour shortly thereafter. :(:
    First off, research revealed that there were no ladders of sufficient capacity to support Maggie's considerable... uh, charms. :yikes Even the Dawson City fire department's equipment was deemed inadequate. :fall Therefore, it would have necessitated the use of a crane to lower the blushing (if anything could really cause Maggie to blush :shog) bride-to-be to the ground from the upper story window.
    The local RCMP's, who have obligingly prohibited traffic from the block whereon are located second-story windows, were asked if they could ensure that traffic could also be blocked while the crane, parked on the street in front of the hotel, assisted Maggie in her descent. Barring traffic from adjacent blocks was deemed necessary as well, being that this was a “clothing optional” ceremony and it was wisely agreed that residents needed to be protected from becoming inadvertent eyewitnesses to the event. :tush The officer in charge of the Dawson City detachment, after due consideration :hmmmmm (all of 2 seconds worth) decided that this would almost certainly cause gridlock in that community, as well as overtax the available staff, and nixed the whole affair. :nono Not only that, but to preclude Maggie circumventing his ruling and attempting to accomplish her goal without official recognition or permission, contacted Canada Customs and asked that Maggie be denied admission to Canada :ban on the grounds that she could be considered a “weapon of mass obstruction”. :deal
    Personally, I can breathe a lot easier now :wings and plans to arrange my own kidnapping sometime between now and D2D have been abandoned. :D
  10. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Jack, You should have had a professional install the propane system in your new place.
  11. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have done the Trek twice on snowmobiles and have still yet to "do the toe" I guess we are still toe virgins. after the D2D we will then have "toe" experience. For some odd reason I have now have camels on my mind...
  12. The Dick

The Dick The Brick

Oddometer:
    Whew, winter really does do a number on people, we all better get out there and lay down some rubber soon!
  13. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:

We're all pretty sure you're talking about Dapman. Or Ace. Maybe AKmud or Heli. Possibly akrider, Katoomer, Drunkle, Fite, Griz or any of the Kevins for sure. Easily everyone from the first couple hundred posts in this thread. Of course them. Them, and Bones for sure.

Hard to really know though. ThatGuy? Anchor? The Dick for certain. Might want to narrow it down there just a hair though.

[​IMG]
  14. beemerphile

beemerphile Unreconstructed Southerner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pawn your hand-cannon at a pawn shop near the border and bail it out when you return.
  15. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nailed it :deal
  16. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    I think that would be pretty close to Anchorage..........
  17. bchris964

bchris964 n00b

Oddometer:
    I want to share that I had lost my honda last week I really sorrow about it because I had attached to my bike very much.This is to familier to me.
    Is there anyone share their experience to me?waiting
  18. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    Dude... Hooked on phonics didn't work for you did it?:eek1
  19. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    I think he believes this is eHarmony.......
  20. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil

Oddometer:
    Dr Phil to the white courtesy phone, please.