Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn, I still haven't heard back from the guy in NYC willing to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge for $500...:D

PM returned, Jeff. :D
  2. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Karen had the Lasik eye surgery by Dr. Kenneth Lipstock in the Fall of 1998 after our second son was born. She had had to wear glasses since about 4 years of age, had severe astigmatism and was extremely near sighted(about 20:200). Could not see any thing past about 15 inches before the surgery. She also had originally been told she was not a candidiate for RK by her Opthalmologist-Dr. Lipstock. Then on one of her annual eye exams he told her he had been working with the doctor that created the Lasik proceedure and he felt she was a good candidate. I believe Dr. Lipstock was the first or one of the first to be doing the Lasik proceedure in VA. It worked perfectly for her and right after the proceedure they asked her what time was it and she looked up and saw the clock on the wall (that she previously would not have beeb able to distinguish as a clock) and said it's 11:15. Wow!!! It was a medical miracle in my opinion. She wears readers for up close but otherwise needs no glasses. That was very liberating for her after having worn glasses and contacts for 30 years. We can't say enough good things about Dr. Lipstock. Just my thougts.
  3. BDRichmond

BDRichmond Adv'er

Oddometer:
    I usually just lurk but I have to second the kudos for Dr. Lipstock. He did my lasik about six years ago. Even though I have a phobia about anything near my eyes and it was not a fun procedure, it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Dr. Lipstock took his time and his staff was great. I definitely don't miss the glasses! I have not had any problems from the lasik ever since it was done and would definitely do it again if I had to... :clap

Bernie
  4. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    good luck with the deer. :D they hate anything prickly so use something like that as the first line of defense. :nod you can find info on line about what to plant to make them avoid you.

we were at massanutten and battled them all the time :lol2 they love roses :lol2 little deer breath mints :lol2

these damn suburban deer like tomatoes :lol2 and cucumbers :baldy I'm going to find that website again :lol2 two years running now, just one or two tomatoes.

as for the lasik procedure, my 82 year old dad had it done 4 or 5 years ago. life long astigmatism. it's weird seeing him without glasses :lol2. he does need readers.
  5. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    How about the no look behind the back shot by the infamous dljockey!!!
    This is splittinglaneslikemoses...
    [​IMG]
    Then he got me...
    [​IMG]
    Nice job Shannon!!!
  6. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    My wife and I had LASIK done over 10 years ago. I was 20/400 at the time, and my wife had an astigmatism problem. Both of us had worn glasses most of our lives. Big, thick, Coke bottle lenses.

My eyes settled in at a 20/20 average, with one eye better, and one eye less. Consequently, I do not need glasses for most reading.

Jeanne, OTOH, has eagle-eye distance vision, but needs glasses for just about all reading.

Both of us think it's great. Jeanne had hers done at the VA Eye Institute. I had mine done by a trained monkey for a cheap introductory fee. Amazing.
  7. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    We just discovered that place! Great breakfast and dinners too! The only issue is that it's small and fills up fast. So we'd have to be pretty tight with the 11:30 timeline.
  9. jdrocks

jdrocks Gravel Runner

Oddometer:
    anyone need some Wolfman Expedition panniers?

yellow color, used but good condition. these are the waterproof rolltops, the best available.

$150/set

PM if interested.
  10. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dibs, I'll take them...PM sent.
  11. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry Eddy
    Your second in line. Finally beat you to a sale. :D. I need those for my DRZ.

My shocks for the GS are in the mail. Does anyone have a MX video, advise or can actually help me take the fuel tank off my GS? I have heard you do not have to take off the tank to install the front shocks but I need to reroute some of my wires and remove a bolt I dropped into my tank last year. I have a heated garage if that helps. :D:D
  12. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Ha! I think I beat you both with my PM. He should start taking bids.....

Chuck, I'm here all weekend. I'm putting new braided brakelines on my GS. You are welcome to come down and use my shop/lift. I can show you all about removing the tank, and changing the shocks. I've got Ohlins on mine. You might want to see how the rear reservoir line is routed.

jeff
  13. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Have done this pass many times, but never like this guy. Hope this isn't 205.

He even chases down a motorcycle and passes it at the end (4:00)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NXWK8FE5kuw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. SplitLanesLikeMOSES

SplitLanesLikeMOSES ....................

Oddometer:
    Thread of Awesome...............:eek1
  15. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had PRK done in '06 at the Naval hospital here in Portsmouth. No issues, very happy, no dry eyes. My night vision was horrible before and the surgery didn't make it any better (or worse). I had 20/650 in both eyes with astigmatisms as well. I'm 44 now and wore glasses for 28 years at the time of the surgery. No regrets. I've just now picked up a set of readers for very in close work, my arms are still long enough so I don't need them for reading yet.:lol3:lol3

BTW, the procedure was very fast, long assembly line type of deal he day of surgery. The lady that did mine had done 20,000 procedures. Most every one was under the laser for a few seconds, I had a full 50sec for each eye. I actually saw smoke coming out of my eyeball, that was somewhat disconcerting. It took me right at 3 months to be fully healed and have 20/20 vision.
  16. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    WOW :eek1:eek1:eek1 !!!

17. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    A $99 S.P.O.T. would have had help there in a few hours! A week alone in snow!? She must have watched a lot of "Survivor Man". Me and my boy love that show! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/07/brother-finds-sister-alive-week-after-and-boyfriend-vanished-in-mountains/?intcmp=trending

(I almost just passed out, my last patient, a 24 year old young man had never heard of Pearl Harbor, had never heard the story that I told him regarding the attack in Hawaii and had never heard of Nagasaki or Hiroshima...:dood WTF!? What are they teaching these kids!? How great community organizers are? I guess my daughters kids in 50 years will have never heard of 911..
    Remember Pearl Harbor, 3,684 killed or wounded 71 years ago today...

I'm out for riding this weekend, a bunch of out of town family coming over to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary! :rogue (amazingly, he still treats her like they have only been married a few months!) Sadly, this is one of their last few.
  18. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Not seeing a lot of chatter. Are we lunching at Lunch today? Anyone? Bueller?
  19. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    That place (lunch) looks good but I can't make it today.
  20. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: