SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:

Sweet. Just called. Thanks
  2. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Glad to help :D
  3. simmonsk133

simmonsk133 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me too on the 20. :rofl

Thanks!...
  4. CHRIS_D

CHRIS_D Long timer

Oddometer:
    RocketMoto,

I been having a lot of problems with the controller's pins staying in contact with it's mounting plate. I have gone through a couple of mounting plates in attempt to prevent this from happening. The pins end up losing contact if you hit controller just right when adjusting volume etc. IMO The mounting plate is too flexible plus there's too much space between the controller's pins and plate. Has Sena done anything to update this mounting plate? Have you heard of this issue before? Thanks!
  5. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Hi Chris:

What kind of helmet do you have?

The issue we see most often is this -- the back of the Sena clamp is curved. If the surface of your helmet does not match up with the curvature of the clamp exactly (ie. you can see space or light when sighting down the side of the helmet) then you must use the adhesive mount plate.

What happens is that a helmet that has a very thick bottom edge, like Nolan, Schuberth, or helmets that do not have the proper mating surface to the clamp will cause the plastic vertical part of the clamp to distort and stress. This, in turn, causes pin connection problems to the BT main unit, and often causes the base of the vertical section of the plastic clamp to crack.

If you use the Sena adhesive mount, with our adhesion promoter pad and proper install instructions - on any helmet, the issue will be eliminated as the clamp is now spaced a bit away from the helmet's surface and it will not fall off either. The adhesive mount plate is rather flexible and will match to the contour of a wide range of helmets shells, easily.

Feel free to give us a call, 877.533.4245. We can discuss your particular situation and we'll get you on the right path. :clap
  6. brumbackkid

brumbackkid Ntlost

Oddometer:
    I already have a pair of radios..SMH10 I believe. Question for Sena regulars...when using bluetooth and Pandora....will vox voice communication override the music or is it one or the other?
  7. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Adam, if you've seen this new model can you tell me if the module is as big as the 10?
  8. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Ron:

The 20S is not as tall or deep, but it is a bit longer...

Dimensions of the 20S: 94.7 mm x 48.3 mm x 25.5 mm (3.7 in x 1.9 in x 1.0 in)

The SMH10 main unit, mounted on a helmet clamp is: 83.8 mm x 86.4 mm x 68.5mm (3.3 in x 3.4 in x 2.7 in)
  9. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    It will override - that is, it will switch the music off, and will switch back after about 20 seconds of no speech. The forthcoming Sena 20S is 'supposed to be able' to reduce the volume of the music while on intercom, and then resume music to full volume after speaking.

Some folks have found that using the touch the jog dial method to activate the intercom is more reliable and user-freindly than the VOX mode. YMMV.
  10. MTvtwin

MTvtwin noob rymes with boob hehe

Oddometer:
    Any chance another group order is happening? Planning a trip with lady (her first riding trip) and comms would help... If theres extras please shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Sean
  11. AdvRydr

AdvRydr De asini vmbra disceptare

Oddometer:
    I'm a little bummed because I just ordered and got a pair of SMH10 units, and only now notice they are not waterproof. Will the SMH20 be waterproof? We ride regularly in rain and so we need some level of waterproofing.
  12. Cigars&Scotch

Cigars&Scotch My eyes are up here Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please put me in line for a Sena 20. I love the fact that it has 2 bluetooth modules. I have a Zumo 660 that never worked as it was advertized with my SRC and Galaxy 3/4

Thanks
  13. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    In four years, we've had a very small number of water intrusion issues on the SMH10. My guess is the one's that had trouble may not have had the gasket under the back cover positioned properly at the factory. Keep the rubber plug over the USB socket and you should be good.
  14. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Should be pretty slick.

Drop me a PM with your email and phone, and we'll add you to the list.
  15. Cigars&Scotch

Cigars&Scotch My eyes are up here Supporter

Oddometer:
    pm sent

thanks
  16. AdvRydr

Oddometer:
    We haven't had trouble yet (haven't even opened the box:rofl) but notice that these aren't ip67 rated, unlike the scalas and interphones. I was really looking forward to trying something other than the scala models, and everything else about the SMH10 seems so great. If the SMH20 is going to be waterproof, I'd almost just wait for it to be released.
  17. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    The initial specs on the 20S do not indicate an IP rating. I'll drop them a note for some input.
  18. AdvRydr

Oddometer:
    Thanks RocketMoto!
  19. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    I have ridden with my Sena SMH-10 all day long in pouring rain many, many times and I have not had a bit of trouble. Most recently was about 3 weeks ago when I rode for 250 miles on a day when we got almost 2 inches of rain. I make no attempt to protect the unit from the rain and I have had it for 3 or 4 years at this point.

Don't get too hung up on the IP specs. These units are fine in the rain.
  20. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

+1 I have been in torrential downpours with my SMH-10's and haven't had any problems.