1981 Honda CT-110 Trail Review and Observations

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by klm4755, Mar 28, 2008.

1. GulfCoast

GulfCoast formerly SWLAStrom

Oddometer:

GOT IT!!!!!!

A 1982 with 952 miles!!!!!

All stock excpt the mirrors and one of the fork reflectors are missing.

It was run about 6 months ago. I will drain gas/change oil/change plug/get new battery/new air filter before I attempt to start.

The tires appear to be ok but they leak and I am sure they should be replaced ---- any recomendations????

They look ok but I'm thinking the rubber gas lines need to probably be replaced too.

Finally I'll probably change the fork oil, get a front rack and some replacement rear shocks.

I'm looking forward to this little project.
  2. norvegicus

norvegicus waiting for spring...

Oddometer:
    Either Michelin Gazelles or Australian postie tires, from the Doctor

http://www.dratv.com
  3. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    Check availability for the Postie tires, sometimes the good Doctor is out.

Another source is the Cheng Shin trials in 17"x 3.00-3.25 from BikeBandit. The Michelin Gazelles are better CM70 sizes, I don't think that 2.75" widths are quite wide enough.
  4. GulfCoast

GulfCoast formerly SWLAStrom

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tire recommendations.

I can see dratv is going to be one of my favorite sites!!!
  5. diesel1959

diesel1959 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got my set of Gazelles from the good Dr. (2.50" front and 3.00" rear) and they're great!
  6. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    Nice parts source. I have a low mileage '81 110 that has been consigned to a dark corner of the garage for far too long and a CT90 parts bike I picked up from a nieghbor for $50.
  7. markymark

markymark pigkiller

Oddometer:
    Hi, just found this thread! Here's some movies I have shot over the past couple of Hardcore Postie rides. You guys might wanna check 'em out. CT110's getting thrashed across the Australian outback. :freaky

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/poaqeXyaCoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/poaqeXyaCoA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6s0GAKuc_Is&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6s0GAKuc_Is&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  8. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    :clap

awesome....
  9. markymark

markymark pigkiller

Oddometer:
    cheers photog :1drink

Hardcore Posties Tassie '08
    [​IMG]
    50 CT110's around tasmania
    :freaky

nullarbor '07
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Are those Clarke XR-650L tanks?
  11. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

Yeah, what's the scoop with the Safari tanks? :ear
  12. smilin jack

smilin jack Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey,
    I was looking at my 1982 ATC 110 engine and wondering why it wouldn't fit in a CT 90 or 110.

It doesn't come with a kick start lever... just the pull rope, but would that be a problem?

This is just a thought for another engine source, as there are lots of old ATC bikes out there.

I've had several CT 90 and ST 90 over the years.

Dave
  13. farqhuar

farqhuar Human guinea pig

Oddometer:
    Farqh mate, there are more than enough bloody postie bikes in Ozzie land to never need to worry about finding replacement parts. Just give someone downunder a call if you ever need parts and forget about bloody cannibalising ATCs.

Garry from Oz.
  14. Bud Tugly

Bud Tugly Gnarly old curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    I bought a brand new 1976 CT 90 and rode it for 4 years before selling it, and it was still in perfect condition after about 10,000 miles.

It was terrific on tight twisty trails, got nearly 100mpg, and was totally reliable and trouble-free. Top speed was a little over 50mph and it would cruise comfortably at 40-45 all day long.

The drawbacks were poor suspension and a short wheelbase that made the road handling overly responsive at speed. I would highly recommend them for around town and on slow, tight trails, but don't try to keep up with more serious road or dirt bikes in their elements.
  15. Jaseun

Jaseun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got home from a month in Australia and went to Tassie for a few days too. My BIL's mate has a 99 postie for sale and I was pondering buying it for our eventual return for good to Australia.

I picked up a few mags on the way out of Melbourne airport about trail riding and two different rides mentioned the pub in the paddock that we passed by on our way to the St. Colomba falls.

Australia is beautiful and they live a great life style. My wife is an Aussie and we hope to move there some day. -Jason
  16. Sucks2drive

Sucks2drive Banned

Oddometer:
    OVERJOYED JUST DOESN'T CUT IT! :wings

By next Friday i will be the proud owner of a 1969 CT90!

I have been transportless and more importantly. Bikeless for 11 Months.
    I know its not much. but it means the world to me!

I cant wait!:deal
  17. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Not much??? People are bidding like mad for these wonderful bikes on eBay. I think the small Hondas epitomize what motorcycles are all about. Consider yourself extremely fortunate to have one.
  18. Sucks2drive

Sucks2drive Banned

Oddometer:
    I was meaning not much as in... compared to a BMW 1200GS or a DR650 fully farkled up.
    I am as pleased as hell to be getting what is one of the first Models with Telescopic Forks its a CT90 K1b 1969 model, has 5400 original miles on it and runs perfect. And I'm also pleased that it has had a lot done to it so it saves me some cash... ( It has a freshly rebuilt carburetor, new air filter and air boot, rebuilt fork tubes with new seals, new battery, new fuel lines, new seat, new tires and tubes, and everything including the horn works.)

Its a sweetie and only $875! :deal
  19. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    I think I'd rather have the CT than either of the two big bikes you mentioned...
  20. Sucks2drive

Sucks2drive Banned

Oddometer:
    Well its a while since i rode one........ I have gotten used to bigger stuff in the last few years, XT600, BMW K10RT, Yamaha XV1600........ so Im going to have to get used to the fact that at 6'2" tall and 340lbs, its not gonna be a rocket with me on it.... but it will at least pull me....... I have seen C90 Cubs ( Passports u call em here) carry HUGE loads in China. so I should be no problem.