2013 RMAR Rendezvous, Silverton, CO - July 25-28

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Big_John, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    SteveO gets the credit for this idea........What does everyone think?

We have three different route combinations: light bike, Medium weight and Heavy weight. For each route there are a series of GPS/Map coordinates.

The riders that find those locations on their bikes will open up a canister and retrieve a raffle ticket. Maybe there are half a dozen caches......6 tickets possible.

Upon returning to the basecamp, your submit your tickets for a very special drawing......like maybe Klim equipment, etc....

This sounds frickin fun to me......

Opinions????

2. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:

ouuuu......Klim gear....... I likey....

:freaky
  3. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like it!!

I'll volunteer to take them out into the field a day to two prior to the event, and then I'll know where they are!!!!:rofl:evil:rofl
  4. Tellydoug

Tellydoug Troubador of joy

Oddometer:
    Groovy idea! :clap
  5. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Let's see... you have light bike, middle weight and heavy weight - how about lightweight? :norton
  6. Rabbot

Rabbot Life goals-Die with memories not dreams.

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good time. Suggest you have route sheet or another way to participate for those without a GPS.
  7. LuluOfDenver

LuluOfDenver The peanut gallery.

Oddometer:
    +1 to that for those of us who are GPS challenged. :huh

Sounds like I'm winning Klim gear this time...:lol3
  8. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    Fixed!
    :photog
  9. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Lol
  10. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Here is another spin on this game.

Three canister at each drop location. Each canister is locked but only one canister has a ticket in it. Bring it back to camp and at night we unlock the canisters and find out who wins what., or wins nothing at all. Only one canister per rider, imagine the debating on which to take even if they ride out with a few friends....LOL There might be punches thrown :1drink
  11. Buddy_Holly

Buddy_Holly That'll be the day..

Oddometer:
    Bringing new truck with orange bikes in tow. This time I will work on not getting into accidents on the way home or making the ride of shame because of a spark plug wire. :lol3

Buddy_Holly is in.
  12. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    Oh it wasnt so bad was it? As the song sez, "ya find out who your friends are". Shy of the truck wreck which Im thankful turned out as good as it did for you.... You found friends that towed ya, hauled ya, tried to fix your bike, loaned ya a bike, drank beer with ya ..............

With my limited circle of friends it looks pretty good to me!!

Besides that now ya got a Noob scaring story....."Listen Noob!! There I was, on top of ole Cinnimon... A storm coming, lighting flashing everywhere, When the group I was with all got scared and took off, I was ready to mount my Ole Honda when Light'n struck it and killed the plug wire. There I was on top of the mountain trying to fix my bike, In the middle of a battle between Zeus and Thor..... It looked pretty bad ...... Then AG pulled up her big girl panties and rode back up the mountain saying the Zeus and Thor would never hurt a KTM as they are family and towed me back down the mountain, I was doing 82 MPH dead stick on a piece of 15# fishing line at the switch back above Animas forks!!!!! ......... You take it from there!!!!!:lol3:lol3:lol3

Jailor8
  13. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    Except ya forgot just 1 important peice of information there...... It was a Honda that towed em down the mountain. :deal

Edit: the money shot. :poser
    [​IMG]
  14. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    And of course you can't ferget to mention the zuk that was also following, although abit off as it's hard to ride when laughing that hard :lol3

[​IMG]
  15. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:

ohhh, your evil :rofl

Although, I do like the idea, as it proves a couple of things:

1) that the rider actually made this check point, and proof is a returned sealed canister (which can be opened back at camp, in front of all the other riders, proving to all that the canister was not tampered with)
    2) That the route was followed, and therefore rider can follow directions and follow GPS tracks (For those that are GPS challenged, this is great motivation to learn about your GPS and how to follow it....)

I would also suggest that routes be held in secret until the night before the ride, so that nobody has an opportunity to really think out a shortcut....essentially leveling the playing field for those instate and out of state.....

maybe, i'm overthinking this.......

either way, we have some time to really toss some ideas around and make it an epic event.......
  16. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois

yeah yeah I know, Journalistic freedom on my part makes a better story

J
  17. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:

Absolutely. But you will need to bring your own maps.

Another way we could document is by way of photos taken. You ride to the specific location and then you take a photo with your phone or camera of you in that particular spot. Upon returning to base-camp, you check in with a clerk who certifies your pics and then gives you tickets for the specific drawing. This way we don't have to mess with the placement of a container and tickets......as a couple of you hooligans might help the container get lost so that no one else has a chance to win.

18. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes John. The photo idea is a good alternate plan.
  19. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    But then that would be Classic, I would pay to see the fool open the container only to find the two they tossed actually had the ticket in it...LOL
  20. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    Good look in' lad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk