Norra 2014

Discussion in 'Racing' started by baja-chris, Oct 25, 2013.

1. baja-chris

baja-chris Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Starting a new thread since the old one is 2013 specific. (EDIT: :deal)

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832337&page=75

The press release is going out now. But here is a little extra info.

2014 Mexican 1000 will be May 10-14. Ensenada to San Jose del Cabo.
    Motos get 5 days of racing, cars get 4.

The Moto agenda is:
    Tech 7am Ensenada Sat May 10. Depart first time control in Ensenada 11am same day (Sat May 10). Run one or more special stages to get to El Rosario Sat night. El Rosario is a historic checkpoint of the original NORRA races at Mama Espinozas.

Sunday motos run El Rosario to San Ignacio via LA Bay, 2 special stages, working on an ultra special stage that is very long, remote, and scenic - baja at it's best. San Ignacio is a really cool place to stay, a swim in the lagoon might feel good after the super long day.

Monday motos run San Ignacio to Loreto but plan to add some technical stuff that the cars will skip to make the day a bit longer than it otherwise would be. That night in Loreto will be cars and bikes together first time since Ensenada.

Tuesday bikes get a big head start to La Paz and cars do some extra miles to maintain the gap.

Wed motos get a big gap to San Jose del Cabo.

Goal is to never have cars/bikes on same track at same time and we are doing this with a combination of bike only trails, split schedules including different overnight stops, and time gaps. We will likely continue the new stuff we tried at the Mexican 500 including live tracking, full course radio coverage, and roll charts for those who use them.

For the cars, they depart Ensenada Sunday May 11 to LA Bay, using the same route the motos did previous. Then the next day the cars do LA Bay to Loreto to catch up to the motos for a combined moto/car team fiesta that night. Still working details but we are excited to do something new. As always we are open to suggestions. We did move the date so guys have time to prep between rallys. I think I'm going to race the Diabolical in my cage. But I'm not going to miss the Mexican 1000 next year either - it's going to be a memorable event.
  2. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have the hotel info ?
  3. baja-chris

baja-chris Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, I'm not involved in that.
  4. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:
    Whoop! Great changes Chris!! Thanks for all of the hard work you guys are doing. Can't wait until mid May! :freaky
  5. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    x2!!! Great work Chris!
  6. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this sounds great !!! I like the live tracking it really helps outside interest in the event ! route changes sound good cant wait for this one again
    :clap
  7. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    So was just wondering who was in ? This a great event Top Notch Organizers and a great way to see Baja! Plus it is easy to get the whole family involved from running chase with you or meeting in the towns along the way or just meeting up at the end !
  8. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be in again - one way or another...
  9. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be there on the Flying Baja Tiger !!
  10. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    :freakythe Tiger ! cool It will be good see you guys again . what about scottys race after ? I am working hard to do both ... The Wife is good to go so thats half the battle .
  11. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    Larry
    I just read you ride report from last year !! good job man ! I was wondering what you did to fix your bike with all the oil ... When i was stopped I had ripped the power wire out of my road book ... and since i didnt have a gps I was blind and throwing out anchors to any one that came by! Glad you made it to the end ! When Jimmy passed I had to pull out to look after his wife and and him :cry. So this year its all about getting Donna (his wife ) to San Jose Del Cabo as She and my wife where our pit crew. As well his Son will be riding (flying) with the Norra Crew to the Finish ..Class Act these guys !
  12. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Rally Berg just finished the Mex500 in Sept. Sounds like NORRA is really stepping up for Jimmy's family. NORRA is a class act! They are really working hard at minimizing the bike/car situations as much as possible. Will look forward to racing with you again in May, and we'll all be at the finish in Cabo!
  13. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am committed to do the newer rally for Chicago motor works and
    triumph motors USA
    And I'm trying to plan it out so I can do The diabolical and the Baja RALLY2 on my 450 Honda rally that I am building
  14. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    Give up on the KTM ?
  15. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    No not giving up on Ktm
    I just happen to get my hands on quite a few unique Honda Rally parts
    so I decided to build a Honda 450 for my son
    So I am taking advantage of him being away at school And unable to attend the Baja RALLY2
  16. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:

Hmmm... May be I have to send a present for him .... :D
  17. Johnnymoto

Johnnymoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ktm sux
  18. Johnnymoto

Johnnymoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    will there be a fall baja rally mark? or you mean the spring rally when you say "baja rally 2"

did you buy petes kit?
  19. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Hey uh... my kids are in school and I'm prepping for the BR2 also.....:rofl
  20. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    Ahh your a great Dad ! good luck take some pictures as the project come along !