Dakar 2014 - Official Event Coverage - thank you all, lurkers and posters!!!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    But Helder can coast down it on his empty tank :rofl:rofl
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:

Why you gotta bring up old shiz
  3. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    "Cause new shiz aint available"
  4. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    :pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd
  5. HogWild

HogWild Skott Whitknee

Oddometer:
    I found a gas station along the down slope, 18km from the top, so he should be ok. Who can get the message to him? :lol3

[​IMG]
  6. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    It´s a matter of being awake long enough, then everywhere looks fine. Even a MRE can be the spot. :puke1
    [​IMG]

In another note regarding a video of a drone in the Pre-event thread:

How long before F5 will make an effort to attach a drone for each "picked" riders of the day. 2015-16-17? :deal
    Attach it to the Iritrack signal and film them as they haul the mail. THAT would be the batcaves knees bees...I know in a seriuosly way te battery will turn upside Down before they´ve ridden 30min, but one day this could be possible.

How many different viewers are we in these threads? I mean ADV´rs.
    I think in these types of sport the drones will have a great succes and make it more watch-worthy than only us crazy F5ivers. Think if you could have an splitscreen with the 2-3 top riders with GPS data on screen this would be the shit, i would never get any sleep.

Mikael...dreaming
    :freaky
  7. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:

and very hopefully it stays old shiz :1drink
  8. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Give us F5ivers long enough and we'll figure it out! :getiton

Imagine every rider with a small drone hovering around, Elite riders with 3 or 4 at once for different angles, all at-speed. F5ivers would explode with too much video data!!!:kboom
  9. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Hogwild, love your work mate.

Allan Roberts #165 facebook page.

"There is nothing I can say to describe today's events-it's bigger than anything I've ever seen, the crowds, the amazing people, the atmosphere, so that's it, the final parade and crossing the podium, the riders briefing, the photo of all moto riders, it's all done. My road book is marked, my camel back full and my bike ready, it all starts tomorrow-early. My start time for stage 1 is 0527, but first it's 405 km liaison just to get to the start of the special, then 180 km race stage(special) and then another 205 to the camp."
  10. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by cyborg [​IMG]
    Fire in the Hole folks!!! Firehose valve has been opened, better lean into it!

Dakar 2014 - Official Event Coverage

[​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Oh well... so much for starting the f5irehose in conjunction with the rally...? :huh The first rder leaves the Rosario-pre- event bivvy/start at 4_20 am local ARG time.

So now I will lock the pre-event thread and set it free (unsticky)... No sense having two going at same time. :1drink
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  11. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    I leave you kids home alone for a short while and 4 pages later.... :lol3
  12. beechum1

Oddometer:
    This years dakar is going to be legen.......

[​IMG]
  13. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    8 mins till kick off.

Let it rip!!
  14. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    4:13 Arg time (I have 7 minutes to spare :D).... had 3 hours of sleep. I am doing good at the moment :twitch
  15. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Haven gone to sleep yet. Going to let them do the liaison while I sleep. Hopefully see you guys on the other side.
  16. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hah well done. Lucky for me its 6.20pm now at night so I'm happy
  17. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    <TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=2>Who Posted? Total Posts: 55

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead width="100%">User Name</TD><TD class=thead>Oddometer</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>cyborg </TD><TD class=alt1>5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>beechum1 </TD><TD class=alt2>5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>too old </TD><TD class=alt1>5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>rmhrc628 </TD><TD class=alt2>4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>doyle </TD><TD class=alt1>3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>HogWild </TD><TD class=alt2>3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Brimstone </TD><TD class=alt1>3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Aussie66 </TD><TD class=alt2>2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>nry </TD><TD class=alt1>2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>wingnut11 </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>mattomoto </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Simosez </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>zenjen </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Hayduke </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>dentvet </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Uller </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Deadly99 </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Gimme 2 </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Got2Moto </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>slime </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Texcollect </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>frank wheelbarrow </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>640 Armageddon </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Misery Goat </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Sylvia </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>tHEtREV </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>troy safari carpente </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>ArthDuro </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>LocuL </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>bend27 </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>sallad </TD><TD class=alt1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Dread Pendragon </TD><TD class=alt2>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Geeze look at all the f5 penalties on the first liason...:brow:rofl:rofl:rofl

Cyril leaves the Rosario Impound NOW

F5 DAKAR is now OFF5ICIALY ON! :clap:clap
  18. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok are we away yet?

What vid link works on iPhone iPad?
  19. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :pynd:rayof:wings:ricky:drif:happay:happay:killen :crash :gdog:jump:chace
  20. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    I don't have facebook, so keep the info coming as you can for Allan, and any of the other Aussies as well please mate. :clap:freaky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.