Double Take Mirror- a new (and better) Dual Sport Mirror

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by neduro, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in the group that had to Plasti-Dip the balls on the mirrors to get them to stay in place on rough terrain. One layer did the trick.

Got a bonus out of this deal: The stock mirrors from my TE610 threaded right onto my SV650 and look 100 times better than the chrome PsOS that came on it.
  2. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    :lol3 are you trying to make it grow? You lined it up nice and even with the trees, but they didn't grow either! Must be something in the ground water...

Great pic! :poser
  3. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    Your order is on the way from Colorado-you should see it in your mailbox tomorrow or on Saturday. Check your pm's :deal
  4. BSamms

BSamms Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the PM. These mirrors are wonderful. Wish I could return the two sets of mirror extenders I had been using before. To all those with wide shoulders, these mirrors with the 6 inch arm work perfectly. Awesome product.
  5. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a set w/ long arms for my 2006 400 EXC. Looks like a great product!
  6. Alleycatdad

Alleycatdad Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer:
    True Norcal, not that Bay Area/Sacto Crap...
    I've had mine for awhile; nobody's mentioned how easy it is to set one of these up to monitor master cylinder fluid levels when reverse bleeding!

S
  7. GSingWI

GSingWI Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got mine in the mail today. Already put 'em on the Super Enduro, don't know why I waited so long to order. :clap These I think will be the ticket!
  8. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Neduro! The mirrors are excellent.

They arrived in the mail on 6/27 - mounted right up. I rode the bike (2006 KTM 400 EXC) in to work yesterday (54 miles RT). I just can't say enough good things about these mirrors. First and foremost, I have an excellent 360 degree field of vision now and am so much safer as a result. The only distortion from vibration is at full throttle and it's not bad at all. When they are clamped down tight, the assembly is solid and the mirrors stay in place except when I placed my helmet over top of the right mirror when parked.
  9. RealOldDualSportGuy

RealOldDualSportGuy "Round up the usual suspects"

Oddometer:
    Ordered a pair last Sunday evening.

Arrived and were on the bike Thursday afternoon.

Will ride tomorrow and share results.

Thanks Ned

:norton
  10. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered one for my KTM 450. The OE mirror broke at the ball.
  11. MrBracket

MrBracket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered mine!!!! I'm looking forward to having a mirror that will easily fold out of the way when not in use!!!
  12. Whee

Whee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No one replied to your post? I like what you've done! Will you be making more?
  13. smoothride

smoothride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a set of mirror for the XRR can't wait to see something be hided me again.
  14. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    I was on a CDR ride and I had an aftermarket mirror shear off at the base. When I got to a phone I call Doubletake. I had no internet access so phone order it was. Natalie hooked me up with two sets of mirrors for the GS. Since I was traveling, I had no good place to ship the mirrors and I was under a time crunch. She went out of her way to make sure that the mirrors got to me. I installed them and finished my ride.

This is the third bike that I have installed the mirrors on and I love them.

In this time of poor customer service the folks at Double take and Natalie in particular are top notch. :clap
  15. smoothride

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen a thing behind the XRR sinse I plated it. I hope they work like everyone said they do.
  16. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    Did a ride this weekend, and three of the four bikes had these mirrors. The fourth had no mirror IIRC. In hindsight, I should have taken a promo picture. :D
  17. Cletus Runswithscissorsguy

Cletus Runswithscissorsguy hiding in plain sight

Oddometer:
    I broke the right mirror on my R1100GS. Ordered these Monday and received them in the mail on Wednesday! Install is a snap, and I really like them! :clap Great product, great price.
  18. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered Monday, arrived Wednesday, installed, and flat out, stomp down, turn around and spit THRILLED with the mirrors. Adjustable 16 ways from Sunday, stay up at extra legal velocities, and, you know, reflect what's behing ya!

Thanks!
  19. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    I'm glad it worked out, you got your new mirrors OK and were able to continue your trip without further ado. We're always glad to help out whenever we can!
    Thank you for your kind words, it's much appreciated :wings
  20. smoothride

Oddometer:
    Haven't got mine yet but they are have been imported to canada. Got to love canada customs.