NorthEast Alberta

Discussion in 'Canada' started by outbacktaz, Oct 16, 2011.

1. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was playing around between Mackenzie and the golf course, deep soft silty shit. It was still a wrestling match but I could still steer. With the 200's skinny front tire you just hold on and hope it takes you where you want to go.
    Speedo seems awfully optimistic, have to drag the gps out tomorrow.
    Calling for mid teens in edmonton on the weekend, hopefully we get some of it.
  2. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi wos!
    When we were on the Old Conklin Trail earlier Grump and Outback were having issues in the sand and dirt. I got them to drop tire pressure to 15 psi and it made a huge difference for them. Give it a try! Just don't go below 15 psi without beadlocks as the tire can slip on the rim and pull the valvestem out. Don't ask me how I know that!

Outback! Are you bikemobile again? There is a thread here where a guy did a big trip on a Yamaha Super Tenere using Mitas E07s. Put like 8000 miles on and only about half worn. Is that the same tire as what you bought for your bike?

Regards....justjeff
  3. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    3 minutes from a KTM dealership, Angus, On
    Hey Jeff!!

Those are exactly what I've got!! Maybe a little optimistic, but I've got about 18 000 kms on my Heidenaus and the back is pooched and the front is at about 50%...!! :huh

That's including a 4000 kms stint on the highway at 120-130 kmh coming back from Montreal, overloaded with all my gear!!

And yes, my big Viennese is back in service! Fixed the albinos pumpkin, don't ask me what was the electrical gremlin, but it's fixed!! But my better-half, called that for a reason, won't let me go for a ride just yet. My left ankle isn't up to par yet... :lol3 I finished putting her together today, as the weather was clement... Seeing the physiotherapist tomorrow...

The Taz
  4. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah! Mrs.Taz is very wise....she knows that you are accident prone!!:rofl:rofl:rofl
    jj
  5. grumpybear

grumpybear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like the hot day for the week is tomorrow. Anyone gong riding?:ear
  6. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am. not sure where though
  7. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went and bought that 2011 Husaberg 570 I was looking at. :D Hope to get a couple of hours riding in this weekend before the snow flies!
    Will post a couple of pics later tonight.
    Regards....Jeff
  8. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    Congrats!! Hours of fun ahead...!! :clap
  9. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome. I like the look of those too. Raining and cold here, hopefully tomorrow is better.
  10. downdog

downdog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agree with above nice score Jeff
  11. grumpybear

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!
  12. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ask and you shall recieve! :D The first three are when I first got home. The last is after I took the silly numbers and stickers off.:clap

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Regards....Jeff
  13. downdog

downdog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sweet, now that KTM ownes Husaberg and Husqvarna it could lead to some interesting interbreeding :D
  14. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    Humm... In fact, Husaberg is no more... After Pier Industrie AG bought Husaberg, they fused them with Husqvarna... And they decided it was the end of Husaberg, unfortunately... Because they're really nice bikes, as proven by the above pictures!!
  15. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    True.....'12 was the last year of the 70deg engine. Though HB continues under the KTM banner it has the conventional vertical cylinder KTM engine now. I heard 2014 may be the last year for HB branded cycles. That is why I wanted a 570. They are a very durable engine, even at 55+hp. The new 501 is yet to be proven on long distance durability.
    Regards....jeff
  16. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    So here are the latest news about my injury...

[​IMG]

This is what broke, on the right. It's not my xray, so bear with me. It was a spiral break, which means that the foot rotated beyond the limit, and the fibula snapped back and created a spiral break. The doctor installed a plate on the right side with 5 screws through the bone, and a wire retainer to hold the fibula and the tibia together, preventing another dislocation.

I went to see the doctor Wednesday morning, and he decided to take the retaining wire out, which should help stop irritation of the nerves, muscles and ligaments. It's still very swollen and it's back to about 60%, and physio is just making matters worst as it stands. So another surgery within the next few days... :eek1
  17. grumpybear

Oddometer:
    Wow Taz, that patch of sand caused you a lot of grief. Hope the next surgery gets you some relief and speeds up the healing process.
    Greg
  18. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crap! I am sorry to hear things are not going well Taz. Hope the procedure gets things going for you.
    Best Regards....Jeff
  19. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff!!

Still waiting for the call from the hospital. I'm still doing physio in the mean time!!

Yes, those are the same tires I bought. But in a different size. Plus, they say that the tire could suddenly loose pressure... Not with tubes, they won't!! ;)

Thanks for the heads up though!!

The Taz