Mar. 28-31, 2013 Death Valley Noob's Rally

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Amishflyer01D

Amishflyer01D Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like I will actually get a spot. Going to check the work schedule tonight and if I am off work will send payment.
  2. SgtSmoker

SgtSmoker Lanky, Cranky, and Stanky

Oddometer:
    If we are calling camp spots... we'd like to have 44 or 45.
    (Or somewhere in that area.)
  3. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    OK Sgt. You are in #45.
  4. michael.brat

michael.brat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PAID via paypal

#93 mike (michael.brat) - R + CP2 + D2

Thanks!
    Mike B
  5. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    i could hardly keep up with the payments, appreciate people are finally coming out in hordes....:clap

anyone needing to pay and don't know how, please go to page 1.

mike, thanks for the donation. this is one good product. wish you success on your venture. lots of GoPro users out there.

[​IMG]
  6. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I held off signing up for group rides because I'm pretty low on the waitlist. Now there's no spots left on the int/adv rides... oh, well.

It's still pretty low odds that I'll get in. I certainly don't know the area well enough to lead anything...
  7. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't worry. There will be more rides posted up before the rally, plus othee groups will form up at the camp and make plans to ride.
  8. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    If you get in show up, dont worry about the rides. I am planning to drive the 4x4 over hunter MT to tea Kettle.
    Then take the scenic route back via Ubehebe, scotties etc with the end being pavement.

I know it isnt the traditional thing to do but if there are riders that want to follow a truck then there you are. Not like it would be hard to keep up with me and by bike hauling fees if needed are very reasonable.

(Miles Traveled/MGP)*Attitude of broken down rider*3.14(Pie)

:deal
  9. nsfw

Oddometer:
    Those who could not get into the group rides, go to page 1 and check out the names and their bikes.

Most likely the gs and big bike riders will stick together. Same with the small displacement thumpers. Don't be shy, circulate. The other purpose of this event is meet other riders. In a day or 2 you will see your compatibility and find your match....sounds like a dating service...:D

I know a lot of riders that are riding together now met here in the noobs rally.
  10. Don125

Don125 n00b

Oddometer:
    #236 Don (Don125) + guest Dave R+BT3+D1. Truck and trailer drz 400 Be there Sunday to following Monday
  11. nsfw

Oddometer:
    thanks don...wish i can stay for 1 week....:thumb

ANOTHER DONATION

$100 in gift certificate, labor only from Ian. Met him sometime ago, nice guy and even offered me lunch in his shop which I didn't refuse. Here is his resume:

Ian McAdam
    * Factory trained Harley Davidson mechanic
    * Factory trained Yamaha mechanic
    * Factory trained Suzuki mechanic
    * Factory trained Polaris mechanic
    * 20+ years of racing experience
    * 40+ years of motorcycle mechanic experience
    Ex Pro-racer. Raced in Man of Isle. Still going to tracks and racing.

ProspeedMC
    Prospeed Motorcycles has been providing great service at reasonable prices to Los Angeles riders since 2000, at the present location since 2007. We service all make and model of bikes, from Harleys to superbikes, from dirt bikes to cruisers as well as ATVs, quads, UTVs and race karts.
    We specialized in older model and vintage bikes. We know how hard it is to find a good mechanic to take care of your old carburated bike now a days. There are tons of motorcycle dealers around with mechanics, but most of them are in their 20's working on new bikes only and no experience on older bikes. Our mechanics have been riding and working on bikes for at least 30 years. We know old bikes inside out. Period.

[​IMG]

Address: 10042 Artesia Place Unit: D Bellflower, CA 90706
    Phone: (562) 804-5017[/QUOTE]
  12. nsfw

Oddometer:
    jim, you are the man for this kind of affair. good chance this will take us 2 hours. start putting together new materials....:evil
  13. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    This will be epic...

:rofl

14. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are forgetting the "hangover" factor....there will be room on the rides...:lol3....
  15. Amishflyer01D

Amishflyer01D Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Paypal sent for #232 Bradford
  16. Abrupt Edge

Abrupt Edge Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Somewhere in here is a post with point to point distances, or distances from PSR. I just scanned the entire thread but must have missed it. Can someone please point if you know? I'm trying to get a loop distance and have not installed MapSource on my new computer. Thanks!
  17. nsfw

Oddometer:

ken, there was on page 2 but i took if off so i don't clutter the page.

good info, and i will repost them next week.

FOLKS PAYING TONIGHT, I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR PAYMENTS SINCE I AM GETTING READY TO DO SOME RIDING THIS SAT AND SUN. JUST POST THEM UP OR EMAIL ERSIN (FYYFF). WE WILL RECONCILE LATER WHEN I GET BACK NEXT WEEK.

THOSE ON THE WAITING LIST, YOU HAVE TILL SUNDAY MIDNIGHT TO SEND YOUR PAYMENT.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
  18. Vermon

Vermon not gnarly

Oddometer:

nice,,,brang'n the little bike!?

good job Joel and Ersin
  19. ricksca

ricksca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    #92 My wife just informed me that I have something I have to do over her Easter break. Please give my spot to someone less whipped than I am.
  20. r3r3r

r3r3r Wildebeast

Oddometer:
    This is really what happens, since the posted rides may need to change (if we get snow or roads are closed) after we arrive at camp. It is even possible to join "full" rides sometimes, when people drop out or if the group splits in two due to additional interest.

I suggest loading up GPS files for the routes that you are interested in before heading out to DV, so you will have the main routes and can more easily follow whatever group you end up joining (or forming).

Dave, (DSM8) has links to GPS tracks on the first page:

I have sample variations of some of the more common rides/loops (refer to your ride leader on exact route, as they may have a different route planned). Any of these can be downloaded using the Export (tab) to GPX Track (.gpx) link on the right side of the page:

Chloride/Beatty/Titus (easiest dirt for 1st time n00bs/beginners)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->http://ridewithgps.com/routes/991234

Goler Wash/Mengel Pass (can be a bit more technical, but a good challenge for determined n00bs)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/991136

Hunter Mountain - Lippincott (more technical due to Lippincott, but can be looped out via Ubehebe & Stovepipe for an easier, but longer ride)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->http://ridewithgps.com/routes/991091

More groups will form around these rides (and others). If you have tracks pre-loaded, that will help keep folks headed in the same direction if the group gets spread out.