Angeles National Forest Report

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by S H I F T Y, Nov 19, 2013.

1. S H I F T Y

S H I F T Y Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  2. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    :rofl:lol3
  3. jlemond

jlemond King of No0bs

Oddometer:
    So not fair...:tough
  4. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :*sip*

To some....
    flakmonkey likes this.
  5. Jeff aka BOLT

Jeff aka BOLT Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer:
    They closed Rowher ?
    Chris Weisberg likes this.
  6. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
    I honed my fire road skills as kid in the Angeles Forest. Went around and under a lot of gates, road motorbikes a lot of places that for sure get you more than a slap on the hand now Van Tassel ,Clamshell, Silverfish ,Rincon, Santa Anita Cy.Think Rincon/Red Box is open In winter time ?
  7. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    You didn't hear jeff?
  8. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:

I think the OP might know something about this..:rofl
  9. S H I F T Y

Oddometer:
    Ain't looking good. Check back with this thread in 6-8 more years.
  10. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  11. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Wow this thread just broke through the tenth post!
  12. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not This shit again:fpalm
  13. S H I F T Y

Oddometer:
    You're right I suppose, it's not like they have bars on the windows :clap
  14. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    Hb mike and I rode the Rincon a few years ago. We had to ride around the anti tank "fencing" across from the Ranger station. LA River was deep enough to submerge. Road had a hillside washout. Took pictures of bear tracks. Ended up behind Wilson observatory. After going around the gate on Angeles Crest, 4 LA Sheriff-pig-terrorists rode by on dirt bikes. Too late phuckers!
  15. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    Pics.or it never happened, :lurk
  16. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rofl first hand info go sho
  17. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    Glendora fire: 3 arrested for starting blaze

Thursday, January 16, 2014
    <!-- THUMB PLAYER NOTE: class attribute must contain the id of this story page-->[​IMG] From left: Clifford Eugene Henry, Jr., Jonathan Carl Jarrell and Steven Robert Aguirre are seen in mugshot photos released by police. (KABC Photo)

<!-- end mainImgContainer -->Tags:
    fire, wildfire, arrest, los angeles news
    <!-- <form id="efriend" name="efriend" method="post" action="http://webapp.abclocal.go.com/formmailer/emailFriend" target="EfriendWin"> <fieldset> <input type="hidden" name="station" value="kabc" /> <input type="hidden" name="headline" value="3 men arrested for setting Glendora fire" /> <input type="hidden" name="URL" value="http%3A%2F%2Fabclocal.go.com%2Fkabc%2F/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9396254" /> <input type="hidden" name="contentId" value="9396254" /> <input type="hidden" name="contentType" value="Article" /> </fieldset> </form> -->
    • Comment Now
    • Email
    • Print
    • Report a typo

• <SCRIPT>function fbs_click() {u=location.href;t=document.title;window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fabclocal.go.com%2Fkabc%2Fstory%3Fsection%3Dnews%2Flocal%2Flos_angeles%26id%3D9396254&t=3+men+arrested+for+setting+Glendora+fire','sharer','toolbar=0,status=0,width=626,height=436');return false;}</SCRIPT>

• <!--Output your customized button-->[​IMG] <SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript> var ShareThisObject = ShareThisObject || new Object(); ShareThisObject[9396254] = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: '3 men arrested for setting Glendora fire', url: 'http%3a%2f%2fabclocal.go.com%2fkabc%2fstory%3fsection%3dnews%2flocal%2flos_angeles%26id%3d9396254' }, {button:false, popup:false, embeds:true, onclick:showShareThisFrame, onmouseover:false} );//popup only works with single sharethis per page //Tie customized button to ShareThis button functionality. var btnElement = document.getElementById("share_top_9396254"); if(btnElement != null){ ShareThisObject[9396254].attachButton(btnElement); } </SCRIPT>
    <!-- End thumbPlayer-->[​IMG] By Hanna Chu
    GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people have been arrested for setting a brush fire that that scorched over 1,700 acres in the foothills above Glendora Thursday.

Glendora police arrested took three men into custody and booked them for recklessly starting the blaze, dubbed the Colby Fire. They have been identified as Clifford Eugene Henry, Jr., 22, of Glendora; Jonathan Carl Jarrell, 23, of Irwindale; and Steven Robert Aguirre, 21, homeless of the Los Angeles area.
    The men claimed they were sitting around a camp fire when a breeze kicked up, starting a fire.
    "They were tossing papers into the campfire and a breeze -- reportedly -- a breeze had kicked up and set this fire," said Glendora police Chief Tim Staab during a press conference. He added that they were "apologetic."
  18. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    Amazing isn't it? Pigs get caught beating someone to death on camera, raping women, and all the other corrupt shit but they never go to jail. Accidental fire and it's prison for regular folk.
  19. mr. thumbs

mr. thumbs Long timer

Oddometer:
    You will love this one Dale.

A Torrance police officer who mistakenly shot at a man during the massive manhunt for ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner will not face criminal charges, prosecutors said Wednesday.
    The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office declined to press charges against Officer Brian McGee, who opened fire at close-range last February on an innocent driver.
    In a 16-page report explaining its decision, the district attorney’s office said McGee made a “reasonable mistake of fact” and the officer was “acting under an actual belief” that he needed to defend himself.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...harges-20140115,0,7490608.story#ixzz2qcG2oiwG

Absolutely amazing.
  20. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    Here's a new one, and they can't even fire them:

City Settles For $575K In LAPD Coerced-Sex Lawsuit

January 15, 2014 7:09 PM

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles City Council has agreed to pay $575,000 to settle a lawsuit from a former police informant who alleged that two officers forced her to have sex.

City News Service reports the council unanimously approved the payment on Wednesday, about a month after the woman agreed to settle.
    The woman, a former drug informant, sued the city and veteran narcotics officers James Nichols and Luis Valenzuela last January.

She alleged that the officers preyed on her when they were drug detectives in Hollywood, threatening to send her back to jail unless she had sex with them.
    The officers are on leave pending LAPD disciplinary hearings for this and three similar cases. Nichols has denied wrongdoing.
    A phone listing or attorney for Valenzuela could not be found.