What's the Worst peice of equipment you've ever bought?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Scrubs, Nov 14, 2007.

1. dadsafrantic

dadsafrantic Chef?

Oddometer:
    I had an 06 gs500f and put 49000 miles on it in just over 3 years. Not enough valve adjustments to get any more miles than that. My fault all the way. Good mpg. Horrible ergos.
  2. eepeqez

eepeqez Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought a GS450SX new in 1982. They were an earlier incarnation of the same bike.

To remove the rear wheel, the manual advised removing the mufflers, since they prevented the axle being removed.

Unlike the GSX250 and GSX400 models, the mufflers and header pipes were all one piece, so this meant remove the entire exhaust system to get the back wheel out.

The automatic cam chain tensioner simply did not work.

The voltage regulator, ahh the notorious 1980s Suzuki voltage regulator! Three of them, each of which also killed a stator and battery, costing about 20% of the new price of the bike each time. And Suzuki refused to honour the warranty. Needless to say I've never owned anything else Suzuki. Eventually the problem became sufficiently widespread that we all learnt how to fit a Honda or Yamaha regulator and eliminate the problem.

There was lots more, but time heals most wounds; I've mostly managed to forget about that bike, apart from the "never another Suzuki" part.
  3. UncleDirt

UncleDirt Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer:
    The Worx GT trimmer.

Overpriced girly trimmer.
    Can't cut nose hair, and dies in 15 minutes.

The $40 Black and Decker cordless made for short people, works better.
  4. j_csquare

j_csquare Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Amen to that! Good luck to the SOB who stole my inactive Zumo 550 in getting it working again.
  5. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Following my front fender

Oddometer:
    I had anHJC CL12 and I thought it was a decent helmet. Then I got a CL14 and never again will I get another HJC. They changed the cheek pads, they changed the way the visor mounts, and it was awful. The visor popped off at least once every couple hours of riding. The cheek pads made my neck sore somehow. Just an awful redesign.
  6. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    Touratech skidplate/sumpguard for a 955 Tiger. The only evidence I had of it fitting said bike was a picture on the website. I'm usually fairly proficient, but I never could make the damn thing attach to my bike. The collection of bars would in no way attach to my motor/frame in a manner that would allow the sumpguard to be attached to them. In addition to being waaaaaaay overpriced, its level of protection would have been marginal (had I managed to attach it), and I practically had to give it away on the FM after I'd butchered the bars attempting to make it fit.
  7. Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow Thread Ninja

Oddometer:
    i once brought a peugeot......
  8. UncleDirt

UncleDirt Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer:
    You poor man.
  9. FireIdiot

FireIdiot Lost in translation

Oddometer:
    This one is a toss up.

A "solar" battery charger or my personal favorite, a "Emergency" crank radio. I had an emergency and the piece of shit only worked for 5 seconds after I cranked my guts out for 2 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  10. fallingoff

fallingoff Banned

Oddometer:
    +1
  11. toy4fun

toy4fun GET out of the way

Oddometer:
    if it was the coachmen rv or the bmw f650 funduro when it 1st came out.
  12. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    ZUMO 550, I thought mine was crap until I heard all of the others that had to send theirs in for repair and such. garmin is $#%^ing junk even tho i still use their GPS when my phone is in non-service areas [​IMG]
  13. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Anything Chevorlet....................................even worse now it's owned by the goverment..............total shit.
  14. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chevrolet makes equipment? Did they start that after .gov took over? :lol3
  15. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree. At least from 1974 to present day.
  16. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think they make BMW final drives.
  17. outsidein

outsidein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Peaklife motorcycle GPS has been very reliable over the last 6 months I've had it and only cost $120 via mail order with all hardware needed for the bike and car although I did use an after market SW Motech mounting bracket for it. Only issue is it requires you install your own software and maps (free via Internet download) and configure them. The iGo Primo software is excellent. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20518881
  18. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we ALL got hosed on that one. Still use it but it sucks. Why is it so hard to make a decent GPS for our use? Hell, for what we paid for it they should have nailed the design down by now.
  19. milzispete

milzispete is it supposed to look like that?

Oddometer:
    For me it's the Delorme InReach 2-Way satellite communicator. Basically a SPOT 2 SMS sat nav communicator for emergencies.

Has never worked in my region since I bought it 4 months ago. Shortly after I reported it didn't work in the middle east, tech support kindly sent out a notice to everyone that it it didn't work in more or less anywhere except the US.

I got a private notification from them saying email worked fine from the device so I should use that instead

Really--- emergency f*cking emails.

Wankers
  20. decaman

decaman International

Oddometer:
    My InReach works well in Brazil. Texting my family is great via the iPhone app when out in central Brazil without cell signal for 5 or more hours. Downside are the limited subscription plans. Too few features or too many. No midpoint at the right price point :(