The Official Micatech Luggage Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Micatech, May 27, 2010.

1. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I like it, same design, same function, just a bit smaller :thumb

Have you figured a price for the set? :ear

2. jerryj

jerryj Lets Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 I'm looking to pull the trigger if the price is right..............Jerry
  3. Micatech

Micatech Motorcycle Luggage

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

The price will be $74/pair. Includes all mounting hardware. Just drill the holes and you're good to go.

Color: Black or Silver

Availability: Early August: OK to pre-order now (just give us a call)
  4. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Limited Time Offer: Twisted Throttle is offering a $100 savings on the V2 Cases.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Hennepinboy

Hennepinboy Adventure Eater

Oddometer:
    Micatech, are you planning to have samples off the top rack at the MOA Rally? I am interested in looking at your top case, I currently have Micatech side cases and a BMW Adventure top case. I love the Micatech side cases and hate the BMW top case. (I will have a GIVI top case on the bike for the trip to the rally as my wife hates the BMW case more then I do.)
  6. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Hi Hennepinboy. Glad to hear the panniers are treating you well. We'll be at the MOA rally with at least one top case. Be sure to swing by the booth, check it out, and say hello. We'll have prototype backrests there too so bring the mrs. and test it out.
  7. Eyes Shut

Eyes Shut See no evil Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Our Micatechs have been to almost all of the states, plus Canada! :clap

(BTW, at the end of this trip, we only had 2 states left to fill in.)

[​IMG]
  8. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Looking good! Be sure to post some pics of the remaining states!
  9. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hope to see the V2 cases and new Roof Rack at the BMW RA rally in VT later this month. I'll be dropping by your booth :thumb
  10. Micatech

Oddometer:
    That's right! We'll be out west for the BMW MOA rally in Oregon next week. If you're at the rally be sure to pop into the vendor building and swing by the booth.

A few weeks later we'll be at the BMW RA rally in Vermont. Again, swing by the booth to check out our full product line as well as a bunch of prototypes.:deal
  11. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    This is one of the best products I have put on a motorcycle.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Get a pair of your own! :lol3

Uhh, Susan, I saw some top boxes in a prior post. Please e-mail me when they are ready. Thanks.
  12. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Thanks and great shot! Playing on the trails or Bruced in the Tag-O-Rama?
  13. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Both!:lol3
  14. lmclamore

lmclamore Citation Collector

Oddometer:
    I'm ready to buy a pair for a 2010 F650GS. What is the cost of shipping to VA?

Most important - I need to retain my Vario topcase and rack - Is it easily compatible with SW's luggage rack for the V2's? I see they replace the original grip bars. The Vario rack bolts down onto/into them.
  15. Micatech

Oddometer:
    The Vario mounting should be OK. However, we haven't tested this out yet. We recommend you contact Twisted Throttle (who distributes the V2 cases as well as SW-Motech products). Twisted Throttle will have the best knowledge on the Vario Case to SW-Motech mounting. They will also be able to quote you on shipping. Great timing considering they are having a sale on Micatech V2s!

www.TwistedThrottle.com
    (401) 284-4200
  16. lmclamore

Oddometer:
    Due to all the positive vibes today from Micatech and Twisted Throttle, I'm taking the plunge. Outfiting a 2010 BMW F650GS with V2's on SW-Motech racks, locks, bag liners and Reflectguard kit for a fair price.:clap

Please let me know when the roof racks are available as I would like a set of those as well. Thank you and I will report in on the compatibility with BMW's Vario topcase rack.
  17. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Awesome! :thumb Be sure to post some photos when you have it all installed. RoofRacks should be ready in early August. Keep an eye on this thread for the latest info.
  18. lmclamore

Oddometer:
    The Micatech black V2's are installed on my F650GS and work well all around. Beatiful fit and finish Micatech! The SW-Motech rack marries up perfectly to BMW's Vario topcase rack. The 4 position option is a real plus and my wife and I exercised it already finding the most comfortable fit for both of us. We commute 2 up most days/week.

The only issue I had with the installation was SW-Motech's instructions and hardware for the installation of the cross girder onto the rear fender. It shows (and they provide) 3 M5x25 bolts and washers to attach the girder to the fender. The problem is there is nothing to screw them in to. Add to that that the intended holes in BMW's fender are quite large. I ended up having to supply my own nuts and washer step ups to bridge the larger holes. An unsightly solution but it works. Furtunately the (US) license plate holder and plate itself end up hiding most of it. Anyway, SW-Motech needs to modify their illustration and provide the necessary lock nuts and washers to complete that step.

Other than that, the system looks great, works perfectly, and provides 14 liters more storage + better top loading options for the same price as BMW's Vario sidecase setup. I am glad I chose Micatech!
  19. Micatech

Oddometer:
    :thumb We'll pass the word along to SW-Motech. Can't wait to see some photos! :deal
  20. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Great for camping!

[​IMG]