2013 South West PA Riding Thread!

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by disconnected, Feb 19, 2013.

1. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Im chomping at the bit to get out! I am on a DR650 with a big gas tank now. I have new valves for the front forks and knobbies tires in the garage. Lets post/subscribe here to stay linked this year...

greg
  2. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just promise to wait for me on my DR250se
  3. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    as long as you're smiling. You will be on the Ducati a bunch too?!

Im still trying to work out some pannier ideas for the DR. I cant decide on Dirt Bagz, or hard cases. I prefer Dirt Bagz for the weight and the simplicity, but commuting and leaving the bike all day in town is out. Also thinking of the Wolfman rack with a softbag and hardbag for commuting set up.

greg
  4. dom02

dom02 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like dirt bags. cheap, don't dent & come off in a minute
  5. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Last weekend in April! Whos up for a ride? Think its like the 27th, or maybe we could do the last weekend in march?
  6. dom02

Oddometer:
    Seen These? http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861503 Look pretty sweet. Have lots of other wolfman stuff. Top notch.

Had surgery on right arm two weeks ago. No riding for a while.
  7. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Dom- I bought a bone stock DR650 in the Fall. Ive been making changes. Just couldnt pay the loot for a Dakar! Anyhow, I spent half the day yesterday tearing it apart. I installed a new Pro Cycle Rear Spring and Race Tech Front Springs and Ricor Intimanators. :D

Also I have installed a 5.3 Natural Acerbis Tank, Pro Taper Fat Bar and 1" risor, Pro Taper Evo Fat Bars, Michilan T63 Tires, Rear Plate Style Rack, Hand Guards, Hard wired GPS-

Have in the garage still- Grip Heaters

the only thing left is to find an old style BMW Dakar Screen to bolt on and also some saddle bag style luggage/ maybe an exaust to drop 7 or 8 pounds. :)

hooking it up- got it for 2500.00 with 5,000 miles, couldnt pass up the deal!

probably going to get the dirt-bagz for the weight and simplicity. I also removed some extra parts like the passenger grab handles and some other odds and ends.
    greg
  8. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Looks like Eric D. and I may be headed down to WV the weekend of March 29th, weather pending. If its mildly crappy we may stay at the Purple fiddle. If its only a little Crappy, we will camp, if we are crushed with freezing temps and snow, we will not go. All are welcome!

greg
  9. thirstybuck

thirstybuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in Pittsburgh and I would love to meet up and ride.
  10. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Anyone want to ride on Saturday. I may be available. :) Thinking of meeting in Mt. Pleasant and riding the Laurel Highlands region.
  11. dom02

Oddometer:
    I'll go if reasonably dry. Calling for 35% chance of rain now. Probably change by then. Hand is still in a splint for another week though, don't know how much rough off road I can do.
  12. dom02

Oddometer:
    Available Sunday & the weather looking great. Anyone want to hit the laurel highlands? Meet in Mt Pleasant or Donegal.
  13. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Hey Dom, ill check with the boss on what we are doing. We have been opting to meet at the Exxon in Mt. Pleasant. There is Fuel, Coffee, bathrooms and tables. so if you're early and or someone is late there is stuff to do. :)

Greg
  14. dom02

Oddometer:
    Ok, Some guys from another site may be riding also. They're not from the area. Just thought the BP might be easier to find. It has tables, restrooms & a heart healthy mcdonalds available. :D Nothing set in stone yet. We can determine meeting place after knowing who is comming.
  15. dom02

Oddometer:
    I'll be @ BP in Donegal 9:30am inside McDonalds having breakfast then leaving about 10 if anyone is going. Donegal BP is approx 1/4 mile east of PA tpk exit 91 on Rt 31. Weather is supposed to be fantastic. PM me for my cell # if you have questions or may be late.