'You are going to die' ....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kamchat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. tim walsh

tim walsh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi , after lurking on here for a bit myself I can just say that this is one of the best threads I've read on here !! excellent photographs , scenery , bikes , craic ... You've made me get off my ass in this freezing weather and get out on the bike .. out tonight with my mate here in NI ( Near carrickfergus to be precise ) doing roundabouts and trying my best to lean her over lol :D

Definately gonna make a detour your way some time , A short hop on the ferry and were there , ps , anytime your about over here give us a shout , would be great to get out for a run . Some decent spots over here in Northern Ireland and down in ROI , but it looks like Scotland have it all , amazing scenery and the roads look great , down in Eire the roads usually have a lot of gravel on them, can make for a few skid marks ( and not on the road either :rofl )

Keep up the great stories and pics ... Loving it .

Tim , NI.
  2. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks ... no Lol! it's not something one wants to test - the local emergency services / hospitals. Good news is Graeme (our friend in the pics) made a full recovery - he suffered a shattered collar bone and had to have a plate inserted to hold all the bits together ... he has a wee scar now as a momento :-

[​IMG]

Unfortunately he wasn't the only one on that trip to bin his bike and get a broken collar bone ... Jimmy's ZZR1400 after losing the front end on a hairpin bend in Andorra .... he rode all the way back to Scotland with a snapped collar bone - respect!

'That'll buff out , no problem!'
    [​IMG]
  3. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Lol! Manchester!..... that's almost tropical for us! :D .... brings back memories - I used to work as a motorcycle courier in Manchester many years ago.

Meanwhile - some of Glasgow - down by the Clyde :-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    klaviator likes this.
  4. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Wow! Thanks for the generous comments - glad you like the pics so much . :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    klaviator likes this.
  5. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi Tim - Thanks for saying so .... and thanks for the generous invite ... same goes for yourself - If you do get over to the west coast of Scotland give me a shout and come out riding with us . :thumb Well done on getting out in the freezing cold ... I am hoping to get out for a spin this Sunday if possible ... this winter seems to have dragged on for ever! (It'll probably snow now! Lol! )

[​IMG]
  6. oktulsa17

oktulsa17 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No wonder he wrecked he doesn't have a rear brake pedal!!

I've heard collar bones are very painful and just breathing hurts.

7. tim walsh

tim walsh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    jaysus !!! fair play to both of them for the collar bones snaps mate , I know a few people who did them in when cycling , long recovery and big pain ... nasty. Re the invite , no worries mate , modest accomodation all the same but about 30 mins from the good bits of the antrim coast road ... you know you want to lol :)

fingers have just thawed out from tonights ride , still good though , getting rid of these chicken strips rightly lol :)

all the best , Tim , NI.:slurp :lobby
  8. Andidry

Andidry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    crackin pics Kamchat, we're pretty lucky with our roads :evil

see ya out there sometime :thumb
  9. IslandMonkey

IslandMonkey inselaffe

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  10. Eddieb

Eddieb Long timer

Oddometer:
    For those of you familiar with the 1986 movie 'Highlander' this is the castle used in the first scenes of that movie.
  11. Penguin69

Penguin69 Helmet time is good time

Oddometer:
    Awesome pictures, really awesome!
  12. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Aye ... Jimmy did amazingly well to do over 800 miles with a bust collar bone ..the hardest part was when braking .. the braking force travelling through the bars and up his arms to the shoulders was excruciating! Here he is resting his shoulder on his tank bag at the docks whilst waiting to catch the ferry back across the channel.
    [​IMG]
  13. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Ahh ....problem solved ... although I'm not sure if he didn't have a pedal right before the accident! Lol! :wink:

In fact it wasn't only Jimmy and Graeme who had tumbles on our trip ...this is Ben's gixxer held together with tape and zip-ties after an incident with a van!

[​IMG]
  14. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi there ... yep, if only we were as lucky with the weather this place would be paradise! :evil
    Yes, if you see us out and about please come over and say hi. :D

There aren't many places to rival Scotland's roads and scenery.... but Andorra would be one of them (although it is tiny) ... the sign says it all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    klaviator likes this.
  15. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the 'thumbs up' .. another Lancashire lad? :wink:
  16. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Spot on! :evil It has been used in several other films including the Bond film 'The World is Not Enough'
  17. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Thank you for saying so! :D Really glad you like them.

Near Tyndrum.. the dreaded 'tell-tale' speed-camera lines ..
    [​IMG]

The Sma Glen [​IMG]
    Phipsd likes this.
  18. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kamchat. Great thread.
    I used to sail on ships that tied up in Goven at the King George the Vth docks. I loved the country and the people have to be the nicest people I ever met and great beer.
    Now for the weather. How did you get such nice days to ride?? I remember pulling in to Oven from being at sea and the radio said it was the 100th day in a row that it had rained at least a litle bit. I think it was June of 1990.
    Lee
  19. SteverinoB

SteverinoB EstebanarinoB

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics, handheld action shots nicely done. Looks like superb twisties abound and the road surfaces billiard table smooth? Nice! Doubt one would have much difficulty laying their hands on a decent pint to boot?
  20. IslandMonkey

IslandMonkey inselaffe

Oddometer:
    Not quite.....I live in Hyde, which you may know is about 7 miles east of the centre of Manchester but just over the Lancashire/Cheshire border. Comes under Greater Manchester now though tha' knows. I take it you are a Lancs lad then?