The Official 2012 F1 Thread. Spoilers possible!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by shrineclown, Nov 27, 2011.

1. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, can this go any better for Alonso? :eek1
  2. vander

vander full-time dreamer

Oddometer:
    Vettel has the advantage. He only has to replicate strategy of the Ferrari and follow him.
    Pressure on alonso, who's not on the podium anyway.
  3. vander

vander full-time dreamer

Oddometer:
  4. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what about Vettel's pass under yellow? Here's to hoping a drive through delta is added to his race time
  5. joef

joef Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wishfull thinking, WDC all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. A. T. T-W

A. T. T-W Can't be bothered.

Oddometer:
    Race result is okay. Nice for Button to end on a high and probably good for him psychologically regarding a new team mate.

Championship result? Well I'd have felt a bit disappointed with the result had it not been that Vettel's drive from that spin was worthy of a champion.

Tough luck for Alonso (who I'd like to have seen take his third title in an uncompetitive car). He's still the best driver in F1. The fact that Ferrari didn't win another title is some compensation I suppose. :evil

Good to see Massa do so well. He deserves to be retained by Ferrari until he chooses to leave for displaying such team loyalty.
  7. ecubed

ecubed LFC Cat

Oddometer:
    so WTF happened to Speed??? Who is going to carry Formel Eins next year?
  8. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    NBC
    :cry
  9. ecubed

ecubed LFC Cat

Oddometer:
    NOT GOOD !!!!!!......we will be watching time delayed races because they will shift it to prime time, no pre/post race coverage except for a few shots of David Hobbs talking Brit, no P and Q coverage......and Wal-mart, Golden Corral and Ford commercials.....

I WILL be pissed if they time shift.....they [FOX] did on the British GP....

Me: Great ! Let's watch the race....opened the laptop to Speed and saw the results...Phook that.
  10. JBSmith

JBSmith Ink-stained wretch

Oddometer:
    NBC's new sports channel is what I heard, not the main network. It used to be Versus here.
  11. joef

joef Long timer

Oddometer:

nbcsnhd
  12. Irish1

Irish1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Screw Schumacher: he ends his F1 career in exactly the same way as he acted throughout, with a dishonorable act that gave someone not on his team an advantage. I hope he dies in a flaming wreck. :eek1
  13. JBSmith

JBSmith Ink-stained wretch

Oddometer:
    Gesundheit.
  14. brewer90

brewer90 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  15. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I assume they'll show the races live on the NBC Sports network. Unfortunately, Steve Matchett and Leigh Diffey have been hired to commentate. Hobbs too, but I like him.

There will be scheduling conflicts, though. NBC has also won rights to Premier League soccer. F1 and soccer will clash for the European races. Not sure how they'll resolve that.

I don't know why they wouldn't sow qualifying. They do so for IndyCar. Not sure about practice.
  16. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Eh? Stupid post. But what's your beef?
  17. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Well, it wasn't dull, was it? Vettel was massively lucky his car didn't break when the rear wheel was smashed into. It took a serious shot and stayed straight. Lucky boy.

Let's see if the FIA can figure out how to control flexible body parts. Hope so. This one didn't feel clean.
  18. Ace100

Ace100 Monkeywrencher

Oddometer:
    It wouldn't be F1 if it felt sparkly clean.
  19. bxr140

bxr140 Flame Bait

Oddometer:
    I didn't replay it when Hobbo called shenanegins, but on the Speed replay it looked like MSC gave room and was slid into by Kamui or whoever it was.
  20. Irish1

Irish1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe stupid, but I was pissed Schumacher allowed Vettel by him without contest and THAT move from 7th to 6th made the points for Vettel's championship. F1 is SPORT, you've gotta compete against opposing teams rather than do the move-over because "He's such a nice German lad and he's told me I'm his idol". It sure made me remember all the arrogant garbage Schumacher pulled previously in his career. :deal Vettel got away with a bunch of crap today: crowding Senna, questionable pass on Kobayashi under yellow (disputed and cleared by the FIA), etc. It was nonetheless a great race, and Button, Alonso, Hamilton, and especially Massa showed huge class.