Yuta North

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by dirt4me, Jul 6, 2011.

1. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So the riding days are getting harder to come by, so reverting back to previous happy times...
    [​IMG]
    Standing Rock, near Malad, ID

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I often wondered where old riders go to hang up their boots. Now I know... it's north of Malad, ID. Fingers crossed for a couple more riding days before winter really sets in. Until next time...
  2. lytle1gw

lytle1gw oldguy

Oddometer:
    Very nice pics and RR thanks for sharing.
  3. MotoSailorDC

MotoSailorDC Hack-curious

Oddometer:
    These are incredible. Makes me have serious second thoughts about living on the east coast....
  4. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you all like em, those of us out here would like to ride that part of the country some time as well. The green out that way is not as hard to come by as around these parts. Pretty soon it will all be white. Tonight through tomorrow they're predicting 4-6 inches of peaceful white, which should slow us down for a bit. I guess I got nothing to complain about after seeing the east coast getting hammered recently, dang that looked rugged. Gotta see if I can convince my young grandson to go skiing with me later this winter.
  5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know if you are a photographer by trade, but if not, you should be! I love the boots on the fence.
  6. RedRockRider

RedRockRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Dirt4Me -- enjoyed your sequence of rides and pics. Way to get out there on the Strom. Nice lookin' bike. Give me a "heads" up if you ever do the big, big loop south. Ride safe, ride often!
  7. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    Gorgeous Photo's! Nice Job, man!
  8. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Admiral-Thanks, no professional here, it's kind of like duck hunting is for me. Take enough shots and you're bound to get one right once in a while.

Red Rock Rider-I'm already a fan of your adventures with your family and dad. The recent Toroweap/Grand Canyon Run is one I have always wanted to do. Need another tool in the shed before trying that though. Afraid the Strom just wouldn't be right out there. Should have kept the old KTM dang...

Tropic of Canada- Thanks man, where exactly is the Tropic at??
  9. sfbmw

sfbmw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fantastic report and photo's,:clap makes the soul stir...!
  10. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Well, luckily the temps rose to almost 40 today, the warm before a much needed storm, we hope. So far it’s the driest December on record for Utah. Usually by now we’re knee deep in the white stuff around these parts. As you can see no such luck this year. Usually no realistic way of riding the machine upright, this time of year, without risking life and limb.
    Anyway took the Strom off the battery tender and it lit right up, love this thing. I rode out around Cache Valley for about 40 miles or so. The photo is just as the sun is going down and the wind is coming up on the face of the hill I was parked on. It was great to get out.
  11. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for feeding my UT fix.

How did I miss this in the first place?

BeeUTiful pix. :thumb
  12. gnuse

gnuse Ride to Fly

Oddometer:
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing this ride.
  13. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:

Sure thing, glad to out where I can. Have you ridden much up this way?
  14. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    So today it got up to ^^^[​IMG]
    I had no choice but to git er back out of her winter cocoon.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
  15. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Headed north on hwy 23 near Mendon, UT. A tad nippy but hey, the sun was shining, the bike was loving the cold air.

[​IMG]
    Looking west from the Benson Marina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A great advantage in riding this time of year? No bugs, no yellow jackets crashing into your neck and stinging you, as they commit suicide. Nice... until next time.
  16. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Finished mowing the lawn so I figured it was time for a break. Grabbed a couple of water bottles and headed out west across Cache Valley, this one near the Bud Phelps Wildlife Management Area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hopefully enough water in the mountains above,it was a considerably drier winter than normal. I was able to ride some every month this last winter.

[​IMG]
  17. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bancroft and Chesterfield, Idaho

Headed out northward about 11:00 Saturday morning, the sky was threatening rain but it was too tempting to wait it out. I traveled north through small Utah and southern Idaho farming communities. The smells from fresh cut hay were thick as well as the smell of rain on the horizon. Made my way into Bancroft, Idaho about 1:00, the town looked almost deserted rode by the high school and found it was their high school graduation; the small parking lot was packed. Another few miles and I pulled into the Idaho settlement town of Chesterfield. As you will see by the following pictures it was out in the middle of the frontier at the time along the Oregon Trail. After I shut down the bike I started walking around the old homes and other buildings that were left behind and others having been restored. The silence was almost astounding, excepting the crickets that were starting up as the skies continued to darken. It was like moving back in time 100+ years. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    After a couple hours wandering around the old town and taking in the surroundings I noted the skies had become more black than anything else. I decided I should try and head out and see if I could outrun the bulk of the storm. I was successful excepting about 20 minutes overall of rain and hail. The rain I could handle, the hail was a bit much. I shut down and took shelter at the side of an old silo for a few for a half hour or so while the hail moved off. I hit a few more pockets of rain but no worries, made it back home with no calamities. <o:p></o:p>
    In my opinion very much worth seeing. If you’re ever over that way don’t miss it. A great day trip. <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. doorman

doorman Aimless

Oddometer:
    Great pictures of some beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.
  19. ttr

ttr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice roads and great pics!
  20. dirt4me

dirt4me Adventurer

Oddometer:

When I was in your country a couple years back all I could think about was riding the coutryside there. When we were in Rome the lane splitting thing seemed like a form of insanity. Thanks and travel safe over there.