2013 URAL Gear Up Smacked!

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER, May 29, 2013.

1. GoonerYoda

GoonerYoda Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer:
    Wow! A guard rail with wheels!
  2. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep us posted on your next bike purchase with the insurance check
  3. YOUNZ

YOUNZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would be un-American to pull a drivers license at an arbitrary age. Mandatory annual retesting would pass muster.
    Teenagers are more dangerous than the elderly on the road.
  4. Cerberus83

Cerberus83 The Wingman

Oddometer:
    That's quite debatable...:freaky
  5. Cerberus83

Cerberus83 The Wingman

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the loss. Definitely sucks, but if anything, the good thing is that you're OK.

As for the fossil (why would you drive 100+mph if you think you hit the guardrail??), I doubt anything serious will happen to him...

Examples: Cleveland,OH "accident" (read the link that talks about the secretary at an auto dealership) and the follow-up.
  6. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    an alternate universe, much better than yours
    This reminds me of a case in Toronto a few years ago, female driver in her 80's ran down a jogger and dragged her, pinned under the car and screaming in agony, for well over a kilometer at slow speed while bystanders tried to get her to stop including pounding on the windows while running beside the slow moving car.

After the bloody carcass finally detached when she rounded a corner, the driver continued on to her house, pulled into the garage, closed the door and went inside, locked the door and closed all the curtains.

By her actions it was clear she knew exactly what she had done but claimed she was never aware of the incident.

If memory serves, no prison time but they did pull her license.

Not much comfort for the grieving family of the young woman who died.
  7. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    My buddy got rammed by a car while on my bicycle right next to me when I was jogging. When they tried to drive off with my bike still under the car, I dragged the driver out of the car through the window while BOTH he and his intoxicated GF were yelling at me about what the hell was I doing. Then they tried telling the cops that SHE was driving. He had several DUIs and a suspended license.

Another time, some pinhead and his friends tried to do a dine-n-dash at a restaurant I was managing. I caught him about a mile later as some off-duty cops were rolling out of a nearby bar. He tried telling them that he was just walking out to the car. I commented that he was "walking out to the car like Jesse Owens". The cops just about pissed themselves laughing.
  8. AirforceGSRider244

AirforceGSRider244 Hardcore adventurer

Oddometer:
    You dont speed off at 100+ for a guardrail unless you know for a fact that your doing something wrong. such as hitting my father on a bike then a huge truck then fleeing the scene. luckily that truck was able to catch up to it and it went east towards plainfield. and not west to open highway. glad he has to pay every cent of damage. :asshat He most definitely doesnt need to be driving. id be alittle upset if you werent able to ride anymore... :cry :kboom

just keep on riding! :dllama
  9. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    " Then he said, "He hates Naaaahzis, saw the bike and had a flashback!" I thought that was pretty funny since the plate is a play on words since most people that see the bike ask if it is German."
    Thats sarcasm only cops understand. Most people are still dramatised after being hit. haha
  10. URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER

URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER Getting There!

Oddometer:
    That is definitely the truth. I have been on scenes when men and women alike, teens and even the parents that show up for the teens were all scatter brained like they popped a logic and reason 10A fuse. When the maximum amount of amps flowing through that fuse at the time of the crash could be measured in kiloamps. Im not sure what it is about small fender benders that throws people into a fugue state. It is odd. But yes. We do indeed have gallows humor.

So far the bike is in Ohio at Heindl Engineering. They stated that the frame was not bent. But the swing arm was slightly. So they are basically replacing everything that was touched. The list of things replaced looks satisfactory.
  11. Robert_W

Robert_W Giant Douche / Turd Sammich - 'Murica F' Ya Baby!

Oddometer:
    Yikes! Glad you're OK. I have a 98 year old Grandfather that still drives during the day any way. My folks have tried for years to get him to give it up. No way. Ain't going to happen.

I'm curious though. Other than his BS story / fleeing...did his mental capacities seem coherent?
  12. motorat

motorat Is it raining

Oddometer:
    glad you are ok.
    when my 86 year old mom came over to visit and proceded to run into the back of my 1988 3/4 surburban because she could not judge the distance properly, we took her liscense.
  13. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, hope she comes back brand new! I use to live in Indy. You should see the drivers down here in Tampa Fl! lol
    Glad your good!
  14. GrouchyGeezer

GrouchyGeezer idjit galoot, still

Oddometer:
    Updates? :hide
  15. URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER

Oddometer:
    Was advised by Heindl that the rear fender color of the part they received from Washingron was a different color. Had the choice of waiting for the part to come in from Russia and all repaired at once, and getting it back mid August from Ohio, or having everything fixed less the rear fender and taking the bike back to Ohio for the rear fender replaced. I opted to have everything done at once. We will be without the Ural, but won't have to make two trips for repairs. We have the other bikes to ride anyways. I would rather it all be done at once and right.
  16. atomicalex

atomicalex silly aluminium boxes Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Puts waiting on parts from Germany in perspective there.... :D
  17. URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER

Oddometer:
    Yeah, after about 6 months having my '11 R1200GSA the front ESA strut/shock started leaking its life juices. It was a discontinued item for that very reason, and I had to wait just over 3 weeks to get my bike back as they had to pull the new and recently designed one from the assembly line if the bike they were currently building and ship it to the states as a replacement part. I thought that was a long wait.
  18. Aonarch

Aonarch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Its BS that it takes a horrifying accident to get a "should not be driving" driver off the road.

Glad you are ok.
  19. PT Rider

PT Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The old timer probably was driving a 2014 car, 'cuz he wrecked his 2013, 'cuz he wrecked his 2012, 'cuz he wrecked his.....

He probably mashed the gas pedal when he tried to brake. After that panic and confusion took over.

We convinced my mother to give up driving after she couldn't remember how many wrecks she had. The neighbor is 92, and she is doing great for that age. We've talked her out of driving on the highway. Real soon now I need to ask her if she'll give up driving before or after she hurts someone....