Louisiana Outback Trail

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LaOutbackTrail, Feb 13, 2007.

1. cbbr

cbbr Super Noob

Oddometer:
    The sketch of the house could definately be it. Its been 15 years. A friend tried to fine it again several years ago and said that the house was no longer standing. Do you have any coordinates or directions on how to get to the site?
  2. LaOutbackTrail

LaOutbackTrail Certified Smartass

Oddometer:
    They moved it a few years ago. I'll help you out with that later.
  3. cbbr

cbbr Super Noob

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I have been wondering about it for a while and hope to take a ride up there soon.
  4. Poodoo

Poodoo PooYie

Oddometer:
    Where can I find the route you have made or come up with? I'm from Laffayette area and would like to ride the route. I looked around a little on your thread and couldn't find it. Show me the money... I mean map... :ricky

5. Poodoo

Poodoo PooYie

Oddometer:
    Where can I find the route you have made or come up with? I'm from Laffayette area and would like to ride the route. I looked around a little on your thread and couldn't find it. Show me the money... I mean map... :ricky

6. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
  7. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    A Quick Trip Around Natchitoches

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

<object width="576" height="432" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/532835896051" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/532835896051" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="432"></embed></object>
  8. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    What a great clean and attractive city! Nice to see those in LA. Remind me, what is the name of the restaurant across the street from the river and the visitor's center at that round about thingy? Good burgers & sandwiches!!!
    You should do a quick video of the Plantation road there along Cane River Lake too.
  9. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    That would be the Pioneer Pub and Restaurant.

I do need to do that run also.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  10. Caravan2112

Caravan2112 n00b

Oddometer:
    I am fairly new to ADRider. This is actually my first post... I see a lot of chatter in this thread about the maps of Louisiana you put together, but I am actually having a hard time finding the maps themselves. Are they posted somewhere in this long chain? Or is it something you posted somewhere else?
    Thanks
  11. Caravan2112

Caravan2112 n00b

Oddometer:

Where is the route posted? I would love to get the tracks if possible. Just started Dual Sport riding 16 mths ago. Heading out to RayHyde in May for official training, but it is more of an excuse to go ride out west. Live in BR and and having a hard time finding dirt routes around the state.
  12. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Caravan- You're from BR? Don't know where to ride?

If it's not raining, let's go ride next Sunday.

If you don't know where to ride, you haven't met the right group of guys.

Dirty
  13. Caravan2112

Caravan2112 n00b

Oddometer:
    Post some of your routes, I will be happy to do the same. Just start riding 15 months back and have covered about 7k mile of La roads. Made another 1k in Arkansas, and 500 or so into Ms/Al.
  14. Caravan2112

Caravan2112 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just seeing this post... Kinda busy next couple weekends... plus only ride an ole BMW GS... so if you think it can handle the trails, early/mid March I am back in.
  15. Texaskid89

Texaskid89 n00b

Oddometer:
    So I'm right dab middle to your neck of the woods. I plan on taking a trail ride soon. Would you be interested in another adventure? I'm looking to have a few riders, but I know it's hard to get people together due to work schedules.Ha
  16. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    The routes were never published.
  17. mattc

mattc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bump on an old thread. I'd like to ride some of this Outback trail that I've been hearing about since the beginning of my Dual Sporting life. PM incoming...
  18. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    Hi Matt, I replied to your PM.

But for the rest of YFFs, my family and I moved to Texas in 2009 and my last motorcycle trip was in October 2009 on a Two Wheeled Texans Mex-Trek event. And unfortunately, I've been out of the dual sport scene since then. Though, recently, I've started shopping for another bike.

We tried driving my old route from Shreveport to Natchitoches, however, much of the route is now paved or gated. I suspect the same fate for the south western portion as well. The national forests west of Natchitoches are still worthy locations to explore on a dual sport. Although, again, things have changed. The person who manages that district is an equestrian person who hates OHV use and closed a lot of trails and roads. Something like a 40% reduction of access. The roads and trails are still there, but you'd face a hefty fine if you were caught travelling them. Which is unfortunate, to say the least.

But it happens...

Cheers,
    Scott
  19. mattc

mattc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scott, thanks for getting back to me. That does look like a nice area, need to go explore it some.