Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    To be clear, I'm a Rossi fan! It just seems that this ^^^^ is true.
  2. sailor22

sailor22 Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to some Rossi and Marq dust ups. Hopefully they will find themselves scrapping for the same position now and again. Since they are both so polite about letting others past it should be.... interesting.
  3. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I think Cal will be keeping them honest too. Should definitely be... interesting. :D
  4. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I hope the Tech 3 team enjoyed their air time last year. I guess that's what you get when you sign a rider for a motogp seat 18 months in advance. The list is quite long on riders who would have been better for that seat. JMO.
  5. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    Smith is about as fast as Bradl was last year at this stage. That's what I get from comparing the times. Given him half a season to get up to speed, and don't compare him with Marquez, who is a total alien.
  6. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    If Smith is on par with Bradl last season a lot of people will be eating their words. Bradl was impressive last year, I would love to see Smith be the same. He seems pretty humble, happy to be there, and willing to learn.
    Not a fan of Brits per say, but other than Crutchlow they are all humble, but confident. I really like Redding, and Kent. Crutchlow is likable for other reasons.
    I reread this, I meant being a fan fo Brits because they are British, just like I don't root for Americans because they have the same passport as me.
  7. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

I was thinking more along the lines of Paul Espargo or Scott Redding at least from the moto2 guys. Personally I would have loved to see RdP on that bike. Given that Bradl was on a Honda and Smith on a Yamaha I don't think the comparison is totally accurate. The Yamaha is a year old for the most part with a lot of data in the team on set up whereas the Honda was new. Anyway maybe I am rushing judgement or, just wanted to see someone else on that bike but I'll be surprised in Smith gets a top 5 in a normal race.
  9. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I think 1.6 seconds back as a pure rookie on a satellite bike isn't too bad at all.
  10. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Time will tell. Of course before the season started last year I also that Spies was going to given JLo a run for his money on more than one occasion.

My biggest hope for this year is that everyone stays healthy.
  11. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I can agree with that! :beer
  12. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    He didn't make much of a splash in moto2, dunno why he rates such a good ride. Iannone would have been much more effective on that bike. Or Redding. Shit, there's gotta be a dozen names with better credentials in the paddock, and yet he gets it.
  13. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's about a second better than Nick was as a rookie, on a works Honda and Michelins . . .
  14. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Shitty bike is the reason given for his moto2 performance.
  15. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, shitty bike has worked well enough as an excuse in the top class ... :hide

Pete
  16. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Showa suspension has shown well in testing, I'm picking Bautista to finish ahead of Bradl on a consistent basis.
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Exactly. Anyone paying attention knows his Moto 2 bike was a dog.

Tech 3 probably can't afford anywhere near what Ducati is paying Ianonne (whose own performances were pretty dodgy last year, mostly due to an under performing bike, we all know he is very fast).

What has Redding done? He shows a lot of promise and bursts of speed. His results are not spectacular. 6 podiums and 0 wins in Moto 2.

Espargaro will be very good when he moves to Moto GP, if there is a good bike available for him. He will prove his mettle this season with the whole world expecting him to win the Moto 2 title. He was awesome last season.
  18. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Obviously not saying he's in the same class as MM but Redding has gone toe-toe with MM and come out on top. Same with Espargo. I was the last person to give praise to redding prior to last season but for me at least, he showed he's got some sack battling with MM. (not to be confused with him showing me his sack). The guy definitely seems to suffer at the end of races. Maybe his size has something to do with that?
  19. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Please.
  20. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    Wow, what an opportunity

“@texastornado5: Just got word 3 spots opened up at pre-Austin Bootcamp April 13-16