High Desert Plated Dirt Bike Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Jeff aka BOLT, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Jeff aka BOLT

Jeff aka BOLT Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer:
    If I can get most of my chores done Saturday I could meet you on the LV end and ride toward AV way ? Where do you do your turn around in LV ?
  2. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    Back in the saddle, congrats! :clap
  3. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    Didn't know there was a multi year option. I'll check into it next year at renewal time.
  4. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    There sure is!!!! Makes it nice specially if you r holding onto the bike for a few years. :evil
  5. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    Wow that seems fast that you're back on the bike!!! Congrats.... I have the kids This weekend or else I'd join ya... Next time. Have a great ride.
  6. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I originally planned to go out as far as South Bessemer Mine road up against the mountains. Now the weather forecast is for somewhat strong winds and I'm not a big fan of of wind since I work in it alot out here in the Desert.

This is just a shakedown cruise to see where my knee is at, so I'm not sure the exact route I'll take but it will be fairly easy. Thinking about going up through the local foothills and on up the mountain as far as Big Pine Flat to see if theres been any rain up there. I can do a somewhat easy loop to Big Pine Flat and back to my place in four hours if I'm in a hurry.. Alot the foothill and mountain area can be good for a wind buffer because of all the canyons and drainages that can block wind. Probably leave my place no later than 8 am.

Jeff if you decide you're interested I can meet you at High Road and the railroad tracks and we can headup the mountain on Grapevine Canyon Rd. Later we'll pop down to the desert on 3N14 and and you can easily head back to Lucerne from there.

All welcome for a fairly easy ride, not giant bike friendly. Start at 8:00 am ,back in Apple Valley by 1:00pm.
  7. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    Glenn looks like my project is gonna run into Sunday... got a buddy coming out to help me swap out some bad telecom battery cells for the house. Off grid is great till one of these monsters goes out... and I have two on the fritz.

Good news is it looks like Dec is gonna have some reasonable weather for us yet !

Hope that knee feels good back on the bike. :thumb
  8. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:

No worries, I'll see you on the next one. Next weekend my son is racing at The Ranch in Anza so no riding for me, The weekend after its on for the rest of the month for me. I'm off work for ten straight days for Christmas/ New Years so looking to get in some riding then for sure.

By reasonable weather do you mean 3 inches of rain in December? Damn that would be awesome!
  9. Truetorch

Truetorch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any room for one more, My pack is thinning fast for this weekend so im looking for other options. LMK if and where you stage.

John
  10. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    No rides for me until next week on the 15th.
  11. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any of you boys get out midweek or or is it usually weekends only?
  12. socaltrailrider

socaltrailrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about doing a Stoddard Wells run Saturday morning if you're interested.
  13. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:

are you going to be in So Cal soon?:ear
  14. sandwash

sandwash Long timer

Oddometer:
    You guys very ride to this place:
    [​IMG]
  15. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:

Have fun out there Paul, weather will be spectacular. Been great all week. Looks like a chance of a storm heading this way late next week. Just in time for a weekend ride.

Goning to Anza Tomorrow, should be a bitchen race.

glenn
  16. 2on2off

2on2off Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer:
    Do you take the powerline dirt road from the Slash-X Cafe to the S/W to get to the Yamaha or stay on the pavement?

I was able to ride to the Husky Monument when there were only a few memorials years ago. Would like to see this one too.

Thanks.
  17. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
  18. HAPPYTRAILSINC

HAPPYTRAILSINC single track rider

Oddometer:
    acording to the other guy its less than 1/4 mile away!

down the power line road behind the slash!

also see http://thebannerisup.district37ama.org/bannerup.shtml lottsa of good stuff there to see!

there are also alot of airplane crah sites in the area!

b-day ride next weekend!!!!! to ????
  19. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    Any of you guys ever think abt posting up GPS tracks of where y'all ride out there in the upper desert? Maybe some waypoints of the 'interesting' stuff to see out there?

We kinda got something like that goin in the Laying Down Tracks section for Arkansas..would be nice to have for if and when we may venture out that way.
  20. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:

Then all the green sticker funded mobile fence factories would know where all the good stuff is, we can't have that now can we?:lol3