Cochise County AZ Ride Coordination

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by claycraig, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    Bacardi 101 and a match?!?:evil
  2. denny

denny Stay Go

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun but I'll be in route from the midwest trailering my GSA. This my 3rd trip to Tucson and have explored most paved roads south to Nogales, east to Douglas, north to Eagar and back west to Apache jct. Looking forward to getting together and seeing more gravel and hard packed dirt. Anyone have any free time to ride, or even suggestions please contact me. You play tour guide I'll buy lunch.
  3. Twentyniner

Twentyniner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, what time and where to meet for the New Years ride? :ear

As for warmer beverages, I received some homemade moonshine for Christmas, I'll bring it along! :freaky :
  4. mntdawg

mntdawg NOT FRAGILE OR GREEN

Oddometer:
    Nice to be back in the desert again with a new set of wheels.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A new to me seat and rack also.​
    [​IMG]

With my new bike being the biggest I've owned to date,this shot was mandatory.​
    [​IMG]

All dirt so far.
    [​IMG]

This is the first real ride since I bought it, so I checked out a variety of roads and trails.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still all dirt, sand or rock.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hit assphault.
    [​IMG]

14 miles of pavement completed the loop.​
  5. lightfighter

lightfighter where does this go?

Oddometer:
    9?

shell on south 92?
  6. lightfighter

Oddometer:
    Or the diner... We could eat.
  7. AZ-Twin

AZ-Twin Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer:
    I'm find with eating, the diner is fine, or someplace with good in Bisbee so we can warm up.:lol3

My friend Dave wants to camp, I offered up my spare bike but he is rusty on his riding, he said he would meet us there in his truck. Are you guys cool with that? He could bring some firewood too which will be helpful.

Brian, you know him, Dave, he helped you move.

I been trying to convince him to get a dual sport bike for 5 years.
  8. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    I'm good with that. Firewood is always welcome.

Stupid question for you guys: are there any trees up there to hang my hammock tent in? I bought a new (to me) super shelter for my hammock and would like to try it out. Before you laugh, I have camped over at Parker Canyon Lake with my two boys, and we all had hammocks in those trees (or bushes...same thing out here). Wondering if there is anything like that up there. If not I'll just pack the tent and ground gear. Probably warmer that way anyhow.

I'm good with meeting wherever.
  9. lightfighter

Oddometer:
    of course dave can come!

id say the diner to be safe... only cuz i really dont know the bisbee breakfast places... 29er does though, and his culinary opinion is usually pretty reliable...

trees up there should include some big pines i expect.
  10. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    anyone here have a knobbyknife? I want to sipe the center strip on my Heidi K60 a little bit before we hit the dirt.
  11. AZ-Twin

Oddometer:
    Lots of trees.

Have we decided where we are camping yet, Bathtub? Rucker Canyon?
  12. Twentyniner

Twentyniner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got back to town after being in El Paso all week with no computer. My buddy Jason is coming along and he lives in Bisbee, so if we want to eat breakfast, Bisbee Breakfast Club is our best bet. Maybe meet there at Nine? We'll top off gas in Douglas. The ride out GTR shouldn't take all day, so we can get a late lunch/early dinner in Portal. Bathtub Springs/ Bear Canyon area sounds good for camping. Guess we'll just see what's available and decide then.
  13. lightfighter

Oddometer:
    :deal
  14. lightfighter

Oddometer:
    thats alot of planning. i think ill have a drink now.:freaky
  15. AZ-Twin

Oddometer:
    Sounds good.

I need to tell Dave where we are camping, so hopefully we can get that sorted out Saturday.

I just spooned on a new TKC rear. I don't feel like installing my heated grips, no doubt a decision I will regret.

I did call the Douglas ranger district on Wednesday and none of the roads are closed, but she did say 4x4 was needed for some of the roads as they have snow/ice. Nice to see the Douglas ranger district folks don't close the roads when they see a snow flake like the folks here that shut down Carr Canyon road and the slightest hint of bad weather.

I'm not sure what all we need but I am bringing standard camping stuff (tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, stove, water, pot [cooking not smoking] and a bit of food), and some whisky! That should do it.

Brian usually has enough tools to rebuild a small block chevy engine, but now that I ride a KTM I better bring some too. :)

I suspect this ride will be really fun!

I'm going to Tucson tomorrow, so if anyone needs anything let me know. swartzy@cox.net 520-249-5237
  16. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    I just packed the bike too. Tools, tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, 18 blankets, cot, cooking pots, 2-legged camp chair and Crown Royal. :freaky

I took off the 1.75 gal Rotopax because I don't think we'll need it. Let me know if you think we do and I'll strap it back on.

9am at the BBC tomorrow am...
  17. AZ-Twin

Oddometer:
    Where are we meeting in sierra Vista? I think breakfast in bisbee sounds nice.
  18. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    I thought we're meeting at the Bisbee Breakfast Club at 9 am. I'm in Hereford, so it would be just as easy for me to go in either direction (SV or Bisbee).
  19. lightfighter

Oddometer:
    Rob, u wanna swing by here and we can get gas on the way? I just rode in from Tucson so I'm on fumes.....
  20. lightfighter

Oddometer:
    Is 9 year old knob creek good campfire booze?