XT1200Z: The new WaspWorks Super Tenere, in detail and the evolution

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Wasp, Jul 2, 2010.

1. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    Yes, but that link is pointing to a Touratech rack that goes where the seat was. They say it works in conjunction with the Touratech tail rack, which is a different item. I can see a possible advantage of their metal tail rack replacing the OEM plastic one, but still don't see the advantage of this other section.

To each his own, but having seen the OEM setup (that is me in the video) it appears perfect for my own use of a place to put my tailpack.
  2. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    Bargenator dropped over today with his black decal'ed bike.
    So just to help the confused to decide on a preference of decal color for the blue/silver bikes I thought I would include a side by side pic..

I might leave the silvers on for a while - They've kinda grown on me:evil

Good luck.

Greg.

[​IMG]
  3. warnabrother

warnabrother .. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer:
    Go and remove that bloody awful orange and black warning sticker pronto Greg.. it's hurting my eyes :rofl:rofl
  4. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    Fear not Warna. There are plans afoot to remove the whole silver plastic rear cowl in the near future.:wink:

Greg.
  5. combo

combo D S N

Oddometer:
    Great! A pair of um, I just want one of um!:lol3
    Love the decals. :clap keep posting pics Greg......:lurk
  6. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
    Greg,

Do you still carry links to raise the rear height on the S10? I want to order but did not see these on your site.

Thanks for clarifying...
  7. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
  8. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
  9. kerrystewart

kerrystewart stewy

Oddometer:
    Hi Greg
    Just recieved my carbon exhaust this morning,very impressed it was
    worth waiting for, the sound is awsome, and sets the bike off just
    right. Thank you for the service and delivery.

PS Have any of you guys overthere had stone chips on the bronze
    engine side covers and can you get touch up paint

Thanks again Kerry
  10. Robbo60

Robbo60 Looking 4 Adventure

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you finally have your exhaust. Hope you can join us on Sydney ST owners ride #2. I may be able to map out a run for April 16.

11. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    That's good news Kerry - Just make sure you set it up parallel with the frame rail on the L/H side and at the nominated dimension out from the body.
    Are you riding with baffle in or out?... I generally ride with it in all the time now as I am using the SW-Motech panniers a lot. The left hand pannier frame runs slightly across the outlet of the muffler, and with no baffle in makes a horrible reverb sound. The baffle reduces to outlet diameter just that fraction so the flow of gas clears the pannier bar.

God I love that tone - With or without the baffles.

Cant help with the bronze engine color name - Perhaps try and get the color code off Yamaha....

Greg.
  12. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Talking that very thing on the S10 thread.
  13. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to being one of the first US customers. An obviously technically correct system (and looks good too!)...can't wait to see that it is better than depicted!
  14. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    Good work mate..:thumb

Well,,, You're a fair way down the line but in the first dozen it the US I guess.
    Good to have you on board - I know you will love it... I found it hard to do without when it was on and off during development.

Greg.
  15. jdpower

jdpower Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did I mention that I officially hate all you that have your Super Tenere to ride, work on and farkle up :D:evil:rofl-----Well this is more accurate :cry. I am about ready for that bike to get here. Farkles are accumulating fast now.

JDP
  16. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled...

Oddometer:
    LOVE the stickers. Will be ordering a yellow set for "Black Betty"!
  17. DirtynDusty

DirtynDusty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clapCongrats , & im jealouse,lol , I have an order for a 2012 xt1200st,Raven. est,delivery july,or so. I need some help with tire (knobby) selection[​IMG]. I know the stock tires r more street oriented, I want a good off road d.o.t dual sport 2 fit the tenere.I see on some photos of other tires but they dont list the brand & specs. Im wanting large knobbies that still work well on street,,but best for use off road mostly.I will call them early season ,& late season /winter tire. Can u help. also the prefered oil, for this unit, was thinking of mobil 1 ,4t synth 10/40, for the summer time.,I live in WV, 3,200ft elevation , is where ill be breaking it in @.I know it comes with yamalube not for sure what weight ,or blend from factory, & if u suggest using the same ,ok but i need a next choice, if it isnt avalible, & any outher suggestions would be greatly appriciated. happy trails, & tells us details on ur break n procedure, on a new machine,example,checking spark plug throughout this prosedure . the*3 start up rule. ,with* fans on it. get the oil pumping *first & let it warm up *slightly &,***completly cool, *second start after completely cooling running it a little longer,with fans blowing on it,completly cool.* then third, running a little longer each time ,not over revving ,or not at a low idle &*complety cool ,between start-ups*now for the first ride, *warm up 2 operating temp. & ride ,not over revving ,not lugging,go through gears, ,riding a short time with diff,throttle & engin revs, then change oil ,& filter,check oil for shavinges & inpurities.( & then how many hrs & or miles before next oil change ?,)& do u use a magnet drain plug?. which oil filters do you recomend??*Then warm up 2 operating temp Ride,after first oil change, starting 2 rev & ride a bit harder. ,kinda like seasoning the engin &Trans, . Please advise.& again congrats on ur way cool bike . safe trails. PS. I was taught the 3 start-up procedure, working in engin testing plant federal mogul, & tearing down engins ,inspecting the mains & rod bearings & cylinder wear & ring end gap & thickness, & comp,test @ all stages of break in. But im open 2 new suggestions ,i can always learn . & the new xt1200 tenere im in the dark on many things, any & all advise,& help ,like tires ,oil tpe ,filter type & any & all advise,I thank you.:clap:clapIf you know anyone that has more info on this forward this for me , Or get me headed n right direction.have them reply with advise.:earIm wanting 2 learn ,& avoid rookie mistakes.& get the good stuff the first time.any & all responses welcome & greatly appriciated[​IMG]
  18. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Greg thanks for all your help a couple of days ago. Finally got my order through for the wind screen adjustor, I can't wait to install it in 2 weeks!!! :thumb<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  19. dcstrom

dcstrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm on my 3rd set of Shinko 705's on my 1000 V-Strom now... I love 'em. Pretty good on the road, and much better off road than most, and cheap. Will be trying them on the Super Tenere for sure. Not sure how they'll cope with the extra weight (the first batch of 705's had delamination issues) but will find out.

That said... this is Greg's thread, better to post these questions over on the main S10 thread
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545850&page=518

[​IMG]
  20. combo

combo D S N

Oddometer:
    How many miles are you getting out of the front and rear?