Tuareg Rally 2014 - Official Event Coverage - follow our ADV riders HERE!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Donna Gray, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Donna Gray

Donna Gray Donna Gray, Enduro-Rally-Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Ok.. thought i'd get this started as the entries are now open and it's time to start planning and a chatting about all things rally!
  2. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    It might seem like early days, but yes, with less only five months to go now before the start of the 2014 Tuareg Rallye (traditionally the 'season opener' for Pro-Am level rallies), it would be great to find out who's going, or at least planning to go... I know I am!

Once again it is my intention to provide a similar (or indeed improved!) daily media service and reportage from the event, and feed the hungry F5 machine direct from the bivouac and the stage start/finish!

For prospective competitors, it's worth noting that the organisation have listened to criticisms and suggestions from this year, and have re-structured the rider groups to allow for the limitations of full (faired) rallye bikes in the profi class (compared to regular enduro bikes), and are specifically encouraging 'big bikes' and twins in that class - so dust off those 690 Rally Replicas, 950 Super Enduros and HP2s and let's seem them in action!

Similarly, new for 2014 will be the opportunity to ride selected sectors of the rally route with a guide in a non-competitive 'Raid' category - ideal for those riders who want to experience the atmosphere of the rallye and see the action up close, but without the requirement of a fully prepared race-bike... it's ideal for big trailies and dual-sports, and you can either make a holiday/trip of it riding to and from Tunisia, or arrange transport with a number of the European assistance teams in attendance...

There is even a reduced entry fee if you apply before the end of this year! - so what are you waiting for?!

Jx
  3. DaveRMS

DaveRMS 404 Not Found

Oddometer:
    US folks, I've been selected by the orga as the official US liaison. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Donna, Jenny, it will be great to see you again!

Dave
  4. Donna Gray

Donna Gray Donna Gray, Enduro-Rally-Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Donna, Jenny, it will be great to see you again!

Dave[/QUOTE]

Yes, same as Dave :-)
  5. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    You bet! - I actually arrived in San Francisco last night - I'm here for a few weeks now - we must get together for a lunch soon, gas about next season, and maybe get some riding in too?!

Jx
  6. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    As I was lamenting before, I dont know if I can get a proper twin ready in time for this- But I have a plan! :deal and hopefully the same thing will repeat here in 2015.
  7. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a great event the Tuareg is.

:lurk
  8. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    Any idea of there will be a "fly in and ride" option ? Who offers such packages ? desert rose ?

Shipping my bike from UAE might be more expensive than renting it out for the rally ...
  9. Torque Racing

Torque Racing Enduro, Rally & Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Torque Racing Services can rent you a KTM450 EXC. Please contact us for details. We have a customer already flying in from UAE for the same event :-)

Equally your bike can be collected from the port for you.
  10. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply !!!

pls check your PMs.
  11. The Bladerunner

The Bladerunner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will start again in 2014 :-)
    Anyone else in here from Germany?

See you in Douz.

Gesendet von meinem B1-A71 mit Tapatalk-4
  12. The Bladerunner

Oddometer:
    In and out again. Very sorry that I have to cancel next yrs Tuareg but none of my rallye buddies could join.
    So now we ride the Albania RAID instead.

Will miss the soft sand! ;-)
  13. Happe

Happe Adventure Bike Spanner Man

Oddometer:
    Hey Joerg,

check in the Adventureforum.eu
    AFAIK one or two guys there were talking of going to do the Tuareg 2014

Stefan
  14. The Bladerunner

Oddometer:
    Hi Stefan and thanks for the info.
    But I already booked the Albania RAID. So no way for a Tuareg in 2014 for me. I will try to come back in '15.

Jörg
  15. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Just a quick heads-up with the Tuareg Rallye less than 12 weeks away...

Once again I'll be supporting a number of riders with a personal media service, together with daily updates here on ADVrider (and the Jennydakar.com Facebook page of course!)...

Two of my featured riders for 2014 will be the 'Team Dirtpunk' riders and fellow Mondo Sahara participants, Paul Castle and Gabriel Bolton...

Both are already accomplished overland and adventure riders, but this will be their first competitive Rally... if last year is another to go by, then it will be a real baptism of fire!

Paul is producing a series of short videos covering the prep and participation in the 2014 event, here is the first instalment - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA1nUI1IHI&feature=youtu.be

Jx