F800GS / F650GS Britania Composites Fairing

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ian B, Sep 11, 2010.

1. LilDirtRat

LilDirtRat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Ian B

Ian B Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer:
    Yep, here's the tinted one:clap

Attached Files:

• 043.JPG
      043.JPG
      File size:
      169.9 KB
      Views:
  3. SportFaller

SportFaller Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer:
    WOOOOOOOOO! very nice! thats awesome!

Ian, I'll send you an email, but I'll be needing to replace parts of my new white mirage, I highsided while in moab, and needless to say, my 2 week old bike is going to need some work. also, I have a couple ideas I'd like to run by you!
  4. SportFaller

SportFaller Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer:
    here are some pics of it in action!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Second chance

Second chance Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very nice Ian. How much for the tinted shield? My clear one is holding up just fine but I do like the tinted one especially if the price is right. :D

Nice pictures SportFaller. I want to get out there again sometime too. This year I may have to limit my trip to the Black Hills. Any tips on where to ride while I'm out there? Thanks.
  6. Ian B

Oddometer:
    Great pics of the 'one and only' white Mirage in the world !:clap

Then you went and spoiled it all with a big 'get-off'!! Let me know the damage - everything is fixable, the main thing is that you're OK !
  7. Ian B

Oddometer:
    The screens are $46 USD/CAD, for either tinted or clear. I've got a feeling that 90% of guys will go for tinted, but I haven't seen the tinted on the bike yet.
  8. Second chance

Second chance Adventurer

Oddometer:

Cool. Give me a discount on shipping and I can get you pictures of the tinted one on a real bike. :D
  9. Mollygrubber

Mollygrubber Eschew obfuscation

Oddometer:
    Damn, that white version is SWEET! Any chance you could do another "custom" job for a local guy? :evil

I'll bring you baaacccooonnn.......
  10. Ian B

Oddometer:
    No problem, white ones are available now, but they are not on the website yet (been waiting for the new screens)
  11. WOLVERINE

WOLVERINE Keep her pinned!

Oddometer:
    I'm liking the looks of this! I'll probably order one for my wifes F650GS later this summer after I show it to her and she approves.

Any more info on whether you'll be making a fairing for the GS/GSA? Will be very interested in that one....:ear
  12. Kainic

Kainic Almost there

Oddometer:
    Ian,

Any more thoughts on a twin headlight F650GS single fairing?
  13. Ducksbane

Ducksbane Quaaack!!!

Oddometer:
    Well I've had my Britannica Composites screen for my F800GS since January and I really like it. I was going to buy one for my XChallenge as well, but I ended up selling my XChallenge and buying another one that already had the screen (and a front Excel rim and a Scotts steering damper , and ... lots!). I've ridden the XC with the screen (obviously!) and I think it's great. When I pick up the new XChallenge I will post a picture ... it looks really good, suits the bike.

The other thing that was interesting was that I test rode a Triumph Tiger XC and a Yamaha Super Tenere a few days ago and one of my biggest complaints with both compared to my own F800GS was the screens. The Tiger was terrible, not as good as the standard GS one (for me anyway) and the Super Tenere was better, but not great. I think its too far away from the rider for a start. It's nice to be spoiled! :clap

I really like the look of the white fairing on the white bike.
  14. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    I did some testing for Ian on some new shapes for the new screens (smoke and clear). The goal was to make the air pocket behind bigger and cleaner. We went through a couple of iterations and this is the result...

New Smoke Screen: (a little too much glare in the pics though)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mission accomplished! :clap

The new screen is a little wider and has a lower front but with a cut-out and a slight scoop (like the original) in the front.

It really works and there is a bigger clean air zone in behind it. It raises and widens the air pocket so even taller riders should have good clean zone too. Even with the screen set 1" lower than I previously ran it, it's cleaner. I've only just put the new finished production version on two days ago but I ran the the last proto for about 3 weeks.

So far I have in total I have about 7000km's on the Mirage 2 fairing and I'm very happy with it! It's very solid on and off-road and I've had no problems at all. :thumb

BTW the white fairing looks even cooler on the white F8's in real life!

Dave
  15. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's hard to tell , but from the pic it looks like the part new the lights doesn't go down as low? In some of the past pics it looked like my headlight guard wouldnt work with it, but in your pics it looks like it would.
  16. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hmmm...no the fairing itself didn't change, just the windscreen.

I was thinking about it though and maybe with the fore and aft adjustment of the headlight assembly you can get it to work?

Dave
  17. Mollygrubber

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a shiny white one through Pacific Motorsports... really looking forward to bolting this on and experiencing smooth airflow...
  18. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hey Mollygrubber did ya get it...did ya get it ?? :ear

Do ya like it?

See you out there!

Dave
  19. Mollygrubber

Oddometer:
    It should be arriving any day now, but I'm not impatient at all... lol.I also ordered a set of the low profile Rox risers, which I am very eager to fit. With those two items installed and my seat pretty much beaten into submission I think long trips will be much improved.
  20. Ian B

Oddometer:
    Pac Mo got the fairing last Friday:clap