Are you Prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Thanantos, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. vortexau

vortexau Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer:
    CDC reassures the public that zombies don't exist

Did the CDC really need to reassure Americans there is no zombie apolcalypse?

Well, it was Americans who were involved.[​IMG]

Did this man call what we refer to as Zombies- "Morans"? Was he really inciting Zombie/Morans to seek out brain-food, so to speak?

Get A Brain Morans

Very strange, three names that pop-up with involvement in regard to Zombie portrayal in screen entertainment are: David (Dylan Moran), James Moran, and Nick Moran.

CDC Confirms Zombies by Denying Them: Operation "Pretend Nothing is Happening" is a Go
  3. Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow Thread Ninja

Oddometer:
    americans live in constant fear of fear it self from what im led to believe
  4. Storm Shadow

Oddometer:
    zombies wont last here anyway,
    [​IMG]
  5. vortexau

Oddometer:
    Then again DropBears are easy prey for Tree Snakes, but Tree Snakes have their own predators in . . .

[​IMG]

. . . the form of
    Giant Queensland Snake-devouring Spiders

This may be why there is little chance of any Zombie Apocalypse developing here-abouts. Too many natural predators that can finish off zombies.
  6. Storm Shadow

Oddometer:
    thats a good point, imagine what the dingos would think of these open meat bags walking around, mmm lunch on the run ;-)
  7. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    CDC Confirms Zombies by Denying Them: Operation "Pretend Nothing is Happening" is a Go
    :lol3
    "So this simply means one thing: There are zombies man. <- In Tommy Chong’s voice."
  8. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    Scope is here. I'm ready. My little Ruger .22 was very accurate at 100yards with iron sights before the scope, so now it will be easy! I just need more ammo.
    [​IMG]
  9. Wadester

Wadester Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer:
  10. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    :lol3 true...
  11. vortexau

Oddometer:
    Good notice!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But, that idea does introduce another theme (outside of mindless microwave-brain-fried Wandering folk going "Uh-huh!" repeatedly), -
    In one Zombie flick (The Dawn of the Dead?) a character observed that the Walkers were drawn to the Mall as it was a familiar envivroment from their former living state.

So, how does one distract a Zombie?

Have a lot of items in your backpack that look/act like cellphones. Pull one out, hold it to your ear, and hand it over with a "Its for you!"

[​IMG]
  12. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting thought- but take that one step further- build little IEDs into old discarded cellphones. THEN hand one to all the Z you see. "It's for you" and RUN like hell. (see the problem with Zombie pieces earlier in this thread)
  13. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    they read my mind... :poser That is too funny, they hit it right on the head with this sticker. I mean, oh, thats a terrible thing to say.:D

[​IMG]
  14. Phunkshun

Phunkshun ...Uh....yeah....right???

Oddometer:
  15. gararnett

gararnett Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took my son out shooting yesterday. Took his Savage .22, my SKS, Mosin Nagant, AR-15, Glock 17 and Kimber Custom II. A fun day was had by all. Now I gotta re-supply the ammo.:D
  16. vortexau

Oddometer:
    Therein surfaces the major problem with conventional firearms-

The ammunition is not re-usable, in the field, and you cannot carry infinite ammo.

Best Weapons for a Zombie Apocalypse

That means that one either discards weapons for which one has exhausted the carried ammunition -- or, pack them away and carry the weight until one can break into another gun shop and stock-up once more. That's assuming there is any left.

[​IMG]
    Crossbow

[​IMG]
    Compound Bow

In skilled hands the compound bow has the advantage of discharging an arrow more often in rate-of-fire, while the crossbow is still effective in the hands of the less skilled.

The messy bit, with both, is retrieving one's bolts or arrows. But unlike firearms, if one can retrieve spent missiles them one can carry on employing the weapon.

So, think on that! Firearms in use could well be regarded as Zombie Magnets, along with attracting undesirable attention from other survivors who may not have kindly intentions towards YOU!

[​IMG]
    Telescoping Nightstick

[​IMG]
    Multi - Purpose 5-in-One Survival Shovel

Interestingly squidoo - Best Weapons FAZA dismissed both plain chainsaw & katana as unreliable weapons.

Maybe (along with the machete) it may take a good quality Broadsword to qualify as a dependable Zombie Slice & Dice weapon? I recall R.E. Howard's favorite Cimmerian warrior had no great difficulty in cleaving through his foes from shoulder to crotch, . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

DC2wheels had a novel take on cellphones as a distraction device for zombies:
    On top of that, I see exploding superglue pods built into these, capable of instantly cementing tight-packs of zombies head-to-head, with the endmost zombie "tethered" to a lamp-pole?
  17. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. Yokomo

Yokomo Trials & Enduro Rider

Oddometer:
    What supplies should we have in order to be ready for the zombies, other than a KLR of course? Thanks
  20. Ugly

Ugly Adventurer

Oddometer:

Is this an option on the new Truimph Explorer, or is it more aftermarket? :photog