2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    The organizers are making it clear that knocking people on their ass is ok,so why not take Wharton for a ride with a sweet take out move?

Not a word was said about Wharton's takedown of Bowers by officialdom?

Next guys will be practicing their takeout moves at the practice track.

Ive also seen feedback online elsewhere,none of it at all good for Wharton.
  2. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Barcia rides hard,hes nothing like Wharton though. Barcia has a future in the sport and Im not so sure about Wharton.
  3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    sounds like Whartons stunt was really blatant. I haven't seen it yet but sure would like to.
  4. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    Imagine the 10th tee at Augusta being a starting line. a downhill left hander and then haul ass down the 11th fairway.
  5. yeroc40

yeroc40 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think there was anyone in that stadium that was watching anything but the battle at the front. It was a hometown crowd cheering on "their" rider, if there were other important passes, I certainly didn't see them and didn't care cause they weren't for the lead
  6. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I watch the races on YouTube,usually by Monday night they're up.

Wharton did a couple feints at Bowers then did a full on bermshot wide open into Bower's back wheel,they show it from the back and side and its a huge impact and highsides Bowers into the next whoop.

Racing is racing..but,you dont see Dungey/Villapoto or any other top rider doing the tricks Wharton has become famous for,its obvious when he enters a corner and gets on the inside,hes aiming for impact on the way out of the corner many times.

Rollerball.
  7. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Fresh sharp Metzelers on a 440 Maico! Or my old 495KTM twin shocker..........that bike could throw some roost! No brakes, but that's a detail.
  8. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stonesâ„¢..

Oddometer:
    Super Hunky did a story of dong that in the 80's to a course in Brownsville PA

I raced a GNCC there later in the 90's

Good stuff
  9. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    Wharton likely cost Bowers some cash, folding travel money.

Might be enough to have Bowers punt his ass, but Bowers just collected his bonus money for his full time job.

Up where the big boys are, that's some serious coin for those positions.
  10. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Yeah money gets involved,costs a lot for a team to put a rider out there week after week. Then to have a rider wantonly knock riders down who are faster then him just doesnt seem right.
    Maybe Im just old school.

Hahn wicked it up and got away from Wharton as quick as he could once Wharton started playing dive bomb with him,Hahn was clearly faster but Wharton was willing to knock him off the track if possible.

What goes around comes around,these guys race each other regularly and reputations build.

Funny deal though,Wharton looked fast in heat and practice,he was right in there,then he comes out in the main and cant hang,starts riding defensive and taking guys to the wall. Head case?
  11. skwidd

Oddometer:
    His hair gel must have gotten in his eyes. :lol3
  12. B1KSOLO

B1KSOLO Living the Dream

Oddometer:
    be careful skwidd talking about a man's long hair gets you called a redneck on this thread, I know this from experience
  13. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Hair Gel? Its pretty poofy and wild for gel. I dont know much about hair products though.
  14. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great complement to me! :clap

And Wharton is from redneck country. :wink:

15. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Lites

Heat 1

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HhkF8cPkXb4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HhkF8cPkXb4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Heat 2

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TByQaUC0KW0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TByQaUC0KW0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Main

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/De_HOO7y5eE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/De_HOO7y5eE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  16. skwidd

Oddometer:

That mop must be good for another few degrees of heat in the Texas sun at the outdoors.
  17. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    RD was really movong when he got by RV! That was a great race. I hope to see another when I'm at this weekends race, but with a slightly different finish! :clap
  19. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Villapoto is in championship mode,Dungey is in pin it to win it mode.
    Hope its another great race!

Im heading to the Nevada desert for a 3 day thrash on the KTM.
  20. Foot dragger

Oddometer: