When is the 1190 ADV hitting the US?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Englishmatt, Oct 8, 2013.

1. LowSpeedHighDrag

LowSpeedHighDrag KTM Dealer

Oddometer:
    I just spoke with KTM and here is the latest. KTM corporate is still finishing up allocations to dealers. 1190's are first to ship with the 2014 street product I am told. The machines are in warehouses awaiting transport.

Derek
  2. nvdesertrat

nvdesertrat Nevada Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Sure as #$(*%) there is snow on the ground and its 18 degrees out side my 1190R will be in any time now.
  3. Dozer720

Dozer720 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coming to the end of the calendar year and knowing KTM as we do I am sure they will load us up with as much inventory as possible to close the year strong...look for the 1190's any time now!
  4. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:
    Want to see the 2014 model. I hear it has a larger fuel tank. If KTM loads the dealers up (Which I hope) I smell a good deal somewhere.
  5. aspaldo

aspaldo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A large fuel tank? Where did you read that? Everything I've seen has said 23L.
  6. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was from an earlier post, but it was referencing a comparison of the 2014 Adventure to the 2013 990 , not the 2013 1190.
  7. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    I finally got a chance to demo the standard 1190 Adventure today.

There wasn't an available dealer plate, so I was only out for a 1/2 hour or so.
    I only made a few changes in the menu while I was out, but some observations:

. It was only 81*F out, but I could feel some heat on the left (editted) side, near the thigh. I could see it possibly being an issue at 90-100*.
    . I had the preload set at rider plus luggage, and the damping at Sport, but the front end still felt a little soft. I did not have time to set it to rider and passenger, however. That is where I usually run my GSA for my weight (230#) and preference.
    . No problems with the power - this thing rips ! :D
    . Traction control really kills the wheelies and drive - again, no time to experiment with it off. We've all seen the videos though. :evil
    . Definitely had more kick in Sport vs. Street. :D Until the TC kicked in. :huh
    . The windscreen was set to the highest position, but there was too much buffeting and wind noise. I dropped it to the lowest position, and found it much better. More air, but smoother. Somewhere in the middle might be best for my height (6'2"), but again, not enough time.
    . My biggest issue - Like the Multistrada, (but not as bad as it is) no room for balls of the foot type sport riding. Passenger peg mounts keep my boots splayed out, or I snag the heel when moving around. This was with my street Sidis - I can't imagine it with my Sidi Discovery Rains or Crossfires.

My dealer said I could take it overnight if I wanted, once they had another dealer tag for it (my point)

:wink:
  8. LowSpeedHighDrag

Oddometer:
    Same 6.1 Gallon fuel tank as the 2013.

Unfortunately KTM will not be loading us up as we anticipated. The allocation has spread delivery throughout the year. People that don't have some money down for the first wave of units could be waiting a while.
  9. ib greg

ib greg Mustachio

Oddometer:
    [/B]

The two dealers in Co. have some that are not spoken for. But I think you are right. I traded in my Multi PP for the standard. Can't wait

Greg
  10. vasculopath

vasculopath You are not your bike Supporter

Oddometer:
    So did you get info on your allotment and shipping dates yet?

11. LowSpeedHighDrag

Oddometer:
    Yep. KTM sent out allocations this morning. My first 1190's will arrive this month and keep coming through June of next year.
  12. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    And another of my curiosity questions. Do you know the number or ratio of standard Adventures to Adventure R models.........:ear

How about full numbers as in 12 of each, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other....:lol3

BTW, props for the realistic data and viewpoints you've promoted on this site, I'll try to visit if I get to AZ this coming season...:freaky
  13. LowSpeedHighDrag

Oddometer:
    No problem. I'm happy to offer a realistic point of view. I'm an enthusiasts before a dealer.

I can tell you that I got everything that I ordered. 1/3 of my 1190's are R models. :D
  14. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:

Thanks my bad

2 within a couple of hours drive available here that are also not spoken for. Not r models though

Just have to see how this plays out and not overly concerned about availability as time goes on.....just prices
  15. aspaldo

aspaldo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just in time for the impending delivery of my new motorbike. WTF...:(

[​IMG]
  16. vasculopath

vasculopath You are not your bike Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got off the phone with my local dealer, and he said that he would not be able to get my 'R' in until January...:cry
  17. trinitydirt

trinitydirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I GOT MY PHONE CALL TODAY:clap My 1190R left Virginia on route to Colorado. Roger said it will get here Tuesday. He has 2 R's and one Standard on this shipment. At last check, I was the only guy putting money down on the 12 or so Adventures that he is getting. So, if anyone is looking, Elite Motorsports in Loveland, Colorado has bikes.
  18. Harold Waikiki

Harold Waikiki oldfatdumbbrokeoutofshape

Oddometer:
    I got the same info today. And my multi sold today! I'm ready!!
  19. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Elite said they had a list for the r's
  20. trinitydirt

trinitydirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was told the same thing until I gave them cash to hold me one. Then it became "the first R we get is yours. Nobody else on the list has put a deposit down". You know the old saying " money talks-bullsh@t walks"