She slapped me with little provocation !

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by motoged, Mar 9, 2011.

1. pachap

pachap CANNOT RIDE

Oddometer:
    I know it will be a few years before I'll be able to make it down there, but I've wanted to make a run into Baja, down the Pacific coast, and into Belize and Guatemala for a long time. Your quote above is why I want to do it. There is so much more to motorcycle riding than just covering the miles. There are things to do, people to meet, the list goes on.

Ged, I enjoyed this RR more than any other I've read in quite some time. Your words really match the pictures and it is easy to tell that you have a gift for telling a good story.

My life right now is so mundane that I found myself envying a man with a broke ankle. :huh Granted that man was recuperating at a B&B on the Pacific Coast and drinking tequila, but he still had a broke ankle.
  2. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pachap,
    I am glad you enjoyed the story and visuals :nod:nod.

Your dream of going south should become a reality before life puts you into that trance that leads us to believe we can't do it. :clap

Set the goal and approach it one step at a time...or just leap into it....know your style and pace and live within it...with the occasional wild transgression :D :1drink:thumb:raabia:jkam:bubba:ricky:ricky:kumbaya:happay:crash:bmwrider:0-0:dg:muutt:snore:amazon:amazon:kat

Motorcycles can be the "destination "....or the means to the end.

One dream of mine is to spend several months exploring Mexico and Central America at a leisurely pace, enjoying regional differences, getting my Spanish under control, and being able to say..."Yep, I've done that !" instead of saying "I wish I'd done that!"

Thanks for your comments:thumb
  3. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I like the time you spend in each area. I always think that sounds like a good idea but when I get down there, I have too darn much fun riding to slow down and smell the cacti. I tried on my last trip to more carefully check out the BOLA area and succeeded somewhat. I'll be looking forward to your ride report of the area and maybe I'll be able to slow down even more with some ideas from you.
  4. dtbushpilot

dtbushpilot dtbushpilot

Oddometer:

Let me know if you need a wing man on your mainland Mexico trip ged, I can always use a little ubication.......
  5. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  6. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    Saw the Canukistan bus at Kiki's last Wednesday........I'm thinking you weren't on it this year?
  7. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No Baja for me this winter :cry

Family matters kept me at home....

But.....I have been invited by an Inmate to spend a week or so riding around the Grand Canyon at the end of April....so, it is good to have some variety....:wink:
  8. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    Give me a yell when you head down to the states.......I might be able to pull out the 690 for ride.....Sweetwater on the nomad board.....:deal
  9. KLRUSERIOUS?

KLRUSERIOUS? Farkle-whore

Oddometer:
    Hey Ged! :wave

Long time no speak...Injury all healed up 100% from last year?
  10. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    KLR,
    The broken leg part is OK....the ankle soft tissue damage has left me with a weaker ankle and some tenderness where the hardware is....it reduced my summer riding last year, but I am ready to roll for this season....

Now all I need is less snow and 10' more Celsius:D
  11. KLRUSERIOUS?

KLRUSERIOUS? Farkle-whore

Oddometer:
    Well good luck bud..... Here's to a having a good riding season this year for all :beer

Physio the crap outta that ankle, that's an injury that will take longer than a year to fully heal.
  12. petefromberkeley

petefromberkeley -

Oddometer:
  13. redog1

redog1 KTM 950se old fart

Oddometer:
    but I gotta say, what an excellent RR from last year. The kind of Baja ride I'd like to do one day.
    Glad your ankle is all healed and you're back to riding, been there done that. Ride on:ricky
    Oh, and I hate soft sand and silt as much as you do. Not fun.:muutt=:kurt
  14. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    You had me at these two pictures. One of my best friends in high school was born and raised in Ensenada and his whole (extended) family was about the nicest people I've ever met. Baja holds a special place in my heart (as does the girl I spent a weekend with during Christmas break ;) ). I think I understand your passion.
  15. SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro Proper Naughty

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the fix of Baja Magic!
  16. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are welcome. Can never get enough of it ...:D
  17. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn.....it's been two years and I still love reading my ride report....I sit back and think...."This bugger is funny, takes great pics, and sees some interesting stuff"....and realize that it's all true....and I get to be that guy....:D :rofl

Did two weeks on a KLR rental in Mexico February, 2013....and might sharpen the pencil and write that ride up sometime....Mex2013 will be the title....I think....:ear
    Bike Nomad likes this.
  18. edhall

edhall Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump for an awesome ride report. Just read all 9 pages. Thanks for posting the link Motoged. Looking forward to riding with you.
  19. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GREAT RR!! I GOTTA get down there sometime, BEAUTIFUL!!
  20. mazembe

mazembe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Stumbled across this one via B.N. . Great trip report , after a Baja less winter it’s great to see all your pictures.