Inland NW Motorcycle Show and Sale! March 15-17, 2013

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by james1300, Dec 29, 2012.

1. james1300

james1300 Track Dazed

Oddometer:
    Show Link>>>http://www.spokanemotorcycleshow.com/
    10th annual Inland Motorcycle Show, March 15-17, 2013
    Spokane Co. Fairgrounds (FREE PARKING) BIKES get prefered Parking up Front!
    Get your Rides ready! Bring some friends! See ya there!
  2. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm IN! Should we plan an ADV lunch or something? LadyBug, where are you? :D
  3. 75monza

75monza Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What are peoples thoughts on this show?

The only people that I know and have talked to about who have gone to it in the past have not said very good things about it. Mainly that it was disappointing and not worth the cost of the entry fees.
  4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's OK. Most of the local dealers show up with their rolling stock. There are several interesting custom bikes and restored older bikes on display. A few companies display and sell clothing, helmets, bungee cords, rain gear, etc.. You can get deals on off-road riding schools and get to know about local clubs.

On the other hand, no manufacturers bring in anything new and there isn't much to see that you won't find visiting the local dealerships. The big V-twins dominate as usual.
  5. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Hi Sector,

If I throw together an ADV lunch or something will I get to talk with you more than the 5 minutes I got to see you last year? :D OK - I'll work on a plan.

It's all about what you are looking for. If you are looking for a killer deal you'll probably be disappointed. If you are looking for something you can't find anywhere else you'll probably be disappointed. If you are looking for a huge international event with all the manufacturers showing up - yep, you'll be disappointed......... If you want to spend a few hours being surrounded by motorcycles, gear and motorcyclist then you might have a good time. There will probably be a lot more cruisers than dual sport/adventure bikes because that's where the money is so don't expect miracles.

Every year there are plenty of people that whine about what they don't find at this show. Remember it's a show put on by the local dealers, they spend a lot of money to do this and it's a lot of hard work.

The same people that whine about how rotten the show is would also whine about not having a show wouldn't they. There are some people that you just can't please unless you serve them exactly what they want on a silver platter for no cost then they would complain that the platter isn't gold.

Hope to see you at the show. :D
  6. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well Yeahhhh... for lunch! Last year I got interrupted getting to lunch and got there too late... that Mexican restaurant, right? That was good, and pretty close to the show.

As for why to go? It will satisfy an itch that is getting pretty strong by then. And, oh,... there are some pretty good deals too, especially on clothing, helmets, etc. I'm not looking to buy a bike but, sitting on a few will make my day, I'm sure. Mostly for me, its to scratch that itch!!:freaky
  7. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    On teh fence.... :hide
  8. 75monza

75monza Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am thinking about it. I really do need another set of riding pants. These summer mesh pants get a little chilly when it is 30 degrees out.

9. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Brrrrrrrrrr :lol3
  10. dillon

dillon Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer:
    maybe...
  11. richard.bessey

richard.bessey Hard Rider

Oddometer:
    Its a show that is mostly for "Chromers" as I call them (V-Twin cruisers with lots of chrome)
    There is some off road, but not much. Last time I went (Several years ago) they had a siminar about dual sport riding. It was pretty basic.

It does start the early season motorcycle itch though. I am thinking of going just because I haven't gone in several years and i own a street bike now :1drink
  12. walla walla Bob

walla walla Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about coming up for the show. I'm sure I can find something I can't do without. I have the best of both worlds. My RoadKing for the street and my KLR 650 for when I want to go play in the mountains.
  13. Kootenai Rider

Oddometer:
    So we got a plan for lunch that day before going to the show? How about the Viking just across the river from the convention Center...... Good food and good beer selection.
  14. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Viking does have good food and a variety of beer but it's a ways from the Fairground. You do know the show is at the Fairgrounds don't you? :lol3

http://www.spokanemotorcycleshow.com/

I was thinking Puerta Vallarta on Sprague. Not spectacular but the lounge works for a group and the food is good.
  15. Kootenai Rider

Oddometer:
    Oh that's right, it's at the fairgrounds.... I had forgotten about that. Last time I went it was still at the convention Center . My bad
  16. chinook1

chinook1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went last year, and agree about the itch-scratching, but not earth-shattering nature of the show. I did enjoy all the booths and accessories, and it was nice to be able to sit on a Tiger 800 and a F800GS back to back. Really helps you feel differnces and similarities. My 8 year old went nuts for the stunt show.

If I can get my bike out of winter storage and ready to ride, I'll ride. Otherwise I'll just drive the cage and sit on the new Super Tenere making vroom vroom noises!

Chinook