Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looked into it some. Material cost about $30 per 10 sqft. Some people out there have done some pretty cool bikes with it. Supposed to take some skill and patience to get it right. Complex shapes and concave curves are challenges. Look at videos for knifless tape and 3M 1080 film. Will probable order a couple samples just to get a feel for the material.
  2. Charles

Charles Formerly known as Dr Whipit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try fine steel wool on overspray (#0000) using soapy water as a lubricant. It could still scratch though.
    In order to do a wrap, the vehicle to be wrapped has to be a known pattern. Cargo vans and other typical commercial vehicles are common. I doubt any one has programmed a pattern for a VFR. [emoji3]

Sent from my mobile Interociter.
  3. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Burtonrider:

Another Dirt/mud/gravel forest Road over near the infamous 'mud road' in King & Queen County can be found by either heading west on 14 out of West Point and take a right on Lombardy then a left on Iris. Iris is gravel and after a few miles it crosses a hard surfaced road and continues as Iris and gravel. Or coming from the West on 14 heading east you can take a left on Devil 3 Jump Rd and before you get to the K&Q Landfill take a right on Iris. Straight ahead is the entrance to the forest road. Map yellow square is Iris Rd. Red squares are the forest road. Should be gnarly with all the rain we just had!

[​IMG]
  4. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you want to see the West Point CC14 route go to YouTube and search skychsva. If you scroll down far enough you will find 3 or 4 videos named CC14 or West Point Mud rides. Some pretty funny riding there. I believe a couple of them are from end to end.

JHVA .... We need to go back soon to see what it's like.

I'm getting excited about camping this weekend. Two more hours to go here in Indy then I'm heading home. Kracken here we come! In case your wondering there are no steep hills to fall down at the campsite. :1drink
  5. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably ought to leave the lawn chairs at home too. :nod

:D

6. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Let's all beat up on Chuck! :rofl One of the things I love about my Jesse bags is that they are multi-tasking tools as well. Saddlebags for sure, but they also double as a cooler, AND as a rock solid camp chair that won't collapse on you. They will also keep your ass cool if you use it as the cooler while you sit on it!

Y'all have fun this weekend. You be safe Guy!

jeff
  7. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    This is actually pretty close for us. Closer riding would be heading out to the mud road or some of the local off road spots which are private property. I know you are new to the DR, but do you have off road experience? What tires are on your bike? Trying to figure out where to take you.
  8. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Appreciate it. Gonna do the best I can.

9. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    :cry:cry:cry:cry
    All this riding/camping/chuck bashing talk is bumming me out!

I get a day off next week for working this weekend.. anybody want to do the consolation camp or just a day trip next week? I haven't been out to my favorite stomping grounds once this year. and here it is mid-June already.

..oh and speaking of chairs, I got this cool camp chair for christmas:
    http://www.backcountry.com/helinox-chair-one-camp-chair
    [​IMG]

I've only gotten to use it a couple times, but each time I probably help sell a dozen.. Everybody who sits on it loves it.. and it packs about a foot long and weighs nothing! (.. :D ok like two pounds i think)
  10. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Titans - pick something you're comfortable with and post up.
  11. jdrocks

jdrocks Gravel Runner

Oddometer:
    Friday next week for a long day ride, mucho gravel?
  12. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in for next weekend seeing if the VFR turns into a torture device for me on a long ride.

This weekend is out due to my grandfather's 90th birthday and fathers day. Wouldn't miss it no matter how epic the ride/camping.
  13. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Man! Now I am getting bummed out. I want to take a Friday off to ride. Neither of my bosses will allow it though.
  14. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the eating and drinking may be the only epic parts...:rofl
  15. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well ..... I finished school, got on a plane, flew within 50 miles of DC then they closed the airport due to weather. Just my luck. Friday the 13th. Diverted to Harrisburg PA so here we sit. Grrrrrrrr

Macon, looks like an early morning departure for me. We will leave as early as we can to get in as much riding as possible. Lots of good ideas.

Dave (jdrocks), can we leave around 7am?
  16. jdrocks

jdrocks Gravel Runner

Oddometer:
    0700, see you there.
  17. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Where do you guys want to meet? I will ride out with you in the morning.
  18. dljocky

dljocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sick Day?
  19. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    :jive
    This guy will wash wax and detail anybody's motorcycle. Even change your oil and filter. :lol3:lol3
  20. mattgoff

mattgoff Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Didn't want to come up early?

I don't necessarily want to roll alone. What route are you taking? I could rendezvous somewhere between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk