D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    ALRIGHT DOGS THE SECRETS IS OUT!!
    LET THE JOKES BEGIN!!!!

MY NEW RIDE!!:clap :clap :clap :clap
    [​IMG]
  2. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    alright here is the story!! i have always liked these bikes and have always wanted the 950 a,640a combo!! i have known about flux's plan with frank and i just started researching the bike and looking at pics and mods etc!!
    next thing i knew i was hooked and had to have one!!
    i picked that one up yesterday and rode today and after i few fits with the carb :pissed (due the old gas and my bike had not been ridden in awhile) all i can say!!!
    I NOW LOVE THE LC4 AND LC8:D

this damn kool aid sure is fuckin good!!
  3. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Me TOOOOOOOOOOO . AWESOME COMBO :clap .
    Congrats . You are now complete with Lil & Big Brother Katoom's :ricky
  4. DeBandi

DeBandi Exploring Alabama

Oddometer:
    Cool guys. :thumb
  5. juniorsktm

juniorsktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Long day at the Long Cane race...........

Kevin and Chris came out to show thier support for Kirk and I! Thanks guys, always great to see you both.

As for the race, as I had posted earlier, I pushed pretty hard and had a few good lines at the start. Must have gone in the woods top 3rd in the pack. Had a good battle for several of miles with the guy who started next to me. He finally went down and I got by him. Made up some decent ground or mud as it were and started to get a little tired. At this point I figured if I were in the top 3 I was going to keep going. I came into scoring in 4th and 1.5 minutes behind 3rd and decided I wasnt up for another shot at this crap. The course was BRUTALY SLICK and rutted. Not much fun. So I decided to bail in 4th before I hurt myself. Funny thing is, I went to the pit and took off my gear and went over to the bike wash. Ten minutes later the guy I passed in my class showed up and he bailed too and in 5th. Not sure if those held up but my guess is in 40+B they may have. Oh well, I ran hard and ran out of gas. I need to keep getting in shape and loose a few but I felt good up there for a while.

Kirk had a little trouble with a tree getting in his way and ripping off his radiator:cry . He is fine but bummed it took 45 minutes to fix and and get moving again. I will let him fill you in on his ride.

Overall had a great time today and I am really getting the fever again. First HS start in almost 2 years......I love it! What a rush!:clap

I think Kevin and Chris got some good pics today and I cant wait for them to share 'em!

Off to bed, waaaaaaaay tired.

Cya
    FF
  6. tagalong

tagalong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap
    Congrats Frank.
  7. drsmiley

drsmiley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yo! nice looking bike Flux. Hey Willy B have you come up with a date for Trailer Trash 10'?
  8. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Yo Frank & Kirk!! :wave and Chris too!!

Good to see ya today! :thumb

I've got a bazillion pics currently uploading and I haven't even sorted through what's junk.....I just pushed the button then went and watched the game.

Here's a couple of short videos that clearly show just how bad Frank can exaggerate! :rolleyes

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2pzgE_r-12I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2pzgE_r-12I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTKMc7XliRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTKMc7XliRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I think this was Frank :nod ....notice the pink gear. :D

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-OibO2OFi4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-OibO2OFi4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kiw8gPFZens&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kiw8gPFZens&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
  9. Venturer

Venturer AKA klakeman Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kevin and Chris - It was great to see you guys at the race today. Sorry that my ride was a short one-lap.

The mud was sooooo bad that I couldn't keep the bike on the trail in one spot, and ended up heading straight for a huge oak tree. At the last second, I decided that I would be better off letting the bike head completely off the trail as long I could avoid a head on collision with the oak tree. The plan worked OK up to a point...

I missed the oak tree, but carried a good bit of speed into the underbrush where I ran through a bunch of 3 inch saplings. One of the saplings caught my right side panel, and pulled the radiator completely loose from its fittings. I lost about a quart of coolant which dumped on my red-hot exhaust pipe and created a huge cloud of steam. Fun, fun.

45 minutes later I had the radiator somewhat re-attached and refilled with the water from my camel back. (BTW- I have heard of guys urinating in the radiator as an emergency refill option in an enduro.) Was able to limp in from there.

It took $10 of quarters to was the mud off the bike.

Not one of my finer efforts but nobody ever said dirt bike racing was supposed to be easy. It still beat sitting on the couch.
  10. FriedDuck

FriedDuck Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer:
    I gotta say 2010 is already shaping up to be better than last year! Glad to hear you guys did well & lived to tell the tale. :thumb
  11. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Glad you guys had a good time at the race.

But I thought you were supposed to stand on the pegs? :lol3 I know, easy to say from my centrally heated office. :amazon
  12. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If anyone wants to join me I'll be making a pitstop
    in the D'ville circle around 10:30am .. I may just stay on the
    hardtop till it warms up a bit ... Up 19 - 180 - TWO..then 60 to
    Doubleheadgap/58 ...... no real plan yet ,,, I'm up for twisties or mud,,,just no ice......I'm outta here.. text 7707135463 ... Tom
  13. juniorsktm

juniorsktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are to on pegs if possible and none of those videos are either Kirk or I. The one with the pink gear is a woman, last name Roughton, I think.

I was on an all white and orange bike (or pink). Yellow, black and white gear.

I am frickin' beat this morning..........off to the gym, gotta get in shape to avoid these short races:D

14. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    I hear ya frank! That mud looked thick as pea soup. I wouldve been duck-walking that section!
  15. Dags

Dags I'm not British

Oddometer:
    How did the new bike go Flux. Good to see Coates back riding a big thumper even if he's queer
  16. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    It was good to see juniorsktm, Venturer, and knybanjo at the race yeserday.

Here are a few pics.:D

Venturer just before he headed out to the starting grid.
    [​IMG]

The ride.:tb
    [​IMG]

At the start.

Frank/juniorsktm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kirk/Venturer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    More to come ...

Chris
  17. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    How'd that trials tire work in the mud Kirk?:lol3
  18. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Great pics Chris!! :clap

Most of mine are junk but I have to share a few just to keep the record straight. :evil

1st of all I was glad to pull in to the race site and see that I didn't have to park in a huge mud hole! :thumb

[​IMG]

Chris interrogated this suspicious looking character for info while I secured my gear.

[​IMG]

Those military types are good at that interrogation stuff....cause the info led us straight to Frank's pits! :thumb....but he was nowhere to be found. :scratch

[​IMG]

The walk up to the starting grid gave a little preview of the days conditions.....

[​IMG]

We needed TW200s to shuttle ourselves through this crap! :lol3

[​IMG]

Nobody warned me it was gonna be a workout to get there! :knary

[​IMG]

:deal They were nice enough to delay the start til we arrived though. :nod

[​IMG]

1st DOG spotted is #850 :ricky (:razor only a DOG would bring a trials tire to a mud bath)

[​IMG]

Of course he had to pretend like he didn't know me :dunno (the other riders don't look too happy either, do they) :lol3

[​IMG]

Then I say "Hey look! Isn't that the hello kitty bike!" :deal

[​IMG]

Again....everybody on the starting grid looks when I yell "Say Cheese!" ...except Frank just pretends he dosen't know me either. :ddog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...time for more coffee...back in a few :wave
  19. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    The consistency was more like mortar mix that doesn't have quite enough water.:nod I brought some home on my boots if you want a sample.:lol3 It was some wicked stuff.

Cool new bike, BTW, flux. And yourn, too, coates!:clap

Chris
  20. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    The start was set-up in typical "hole shot" fashion.....with a new group being sent out every few minutes.

[​IMG]

I don't know what happened to Frank? He may have still been sharing fashion secrets when flag dropped, I suppose. :dunno

[​IMG]

Maybe it's a new tactic to hang back and cut in from the outside? :scratch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:deal But he somehow went into the 1st turn near the back and came out in 4th! :clap Y'all need to study that tactic, it might not be fair...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frank did NOT wear pink for this race!!

[​IMG]

He was too scared, so he wore yellow. :evil

:hide

Just kidding :wave