Riding roads near Montreal

Discussion in 'Canada' started by speedisgood, May 9, 2013.

1. speedisgood

speedisgood Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey,

I have a sportbike, and I am looking for some super twisty riding roads near Montreal. I have three questions:
    1. Given the above criteria, what is the best riding road within 1 hour of Montreal?
    2. What is the best riding road within 2 hours of Montreal?
    3. What is the best riding road within 3 hours of Montreal?

Thanks.
  2. maniakz

maniakz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like 327 between Lachute and Mt. Tremblant and after that, from Mt. Tremblant to Lac Superior, Ch. Duplessis is a charming road.

For more sport riding info you can check motosportquebec.ca (FR).
    There is a topic there with all the nice twisty roads the riders tested. I am not sure I am allowed to give you the link here, so I will send it to you by PM.

To make an idea about 327, here is the first half, which is not as spectacular as the other half :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuUoSCeKZ0
  3. speedisgood

speedisgood Adventurer

Oddometer:
    awesome video man. Keep up the good work....:D
  4. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    3 minutes from a KTM dealership, Angus, On
    Do you have a passport??

If so, head down to Whiteface Mountain, Lake placid, in New York State...

If you don't grow tired off all the twisties there, do them backward...!! Oh, and if you go up to the Sky Road, or the Veterans Road, anyway, the road going to the summit, there's a little lake next to the gate. Next to the lake is one the gnarliest road I've been on... And I've done a few... Up, down, left, right... So many turns... If it was longer, it would rival the Dragon's Tale...!!

Almost forgot, there's a road that connects the 125 with Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson called Chemin de Chertsey... Very curvaceous... As pretty much all the roads in the vicinity!!

Two amazing spots!! Have fun...
  5. SteveROntario

SteveROntario Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The road out of Saint Sauveur to Wentworth North is pretty twisty but they pave swamp in that area so it can get rough. There all sorts of loops you can take to pop out at Highway 50 so there's no need to take the same road home as you took to get there.

Just be careful out there, they put the driveways onto the roads in absolutely insane locations. I do not think they have a high regard for the lives of their people. You have got to do a warm-up lap through your route before you try and roll through with any speed.

Steve