Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    LOL :rofl

Speaking of riders that drive cars, Rossi killed it in Monza the other day and Dovi wasn't far behind. :clap

Speaking of cars, F1 final was spectacular! :huh

Speaking of boners, check Toxic Britney. :lol3
  2. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Stoner hate is always good for a laugh. If I ever run across Casey Stoner, I'll make sure and tell the multi-time World Champion, mulit-millionaire who is one of the winningest riders in the history of GP, and has a super-hot wife, that some guy on the internet is not impressed.
  3. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    damn, Rossi rocked in that car! Izzat a two door Focus?

I think he will do great next year. I predict the championship:deal

He told everyone he came to Monza to win. And I find it hard to believe he does not feel that way about motogp.

And, he's gotta be rustier in the car than on ANY bike.:freaky and he still won.

Maybe he and Stoner will do Nascar together :lol3
  4. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    At THAT point I will stop praising either of them. Or at least stop watching them.
  5. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Except that... he's not. Unless you extend those "very fastest guys" to like 10-15 ppl or smth. He's a level beneath the very top - a Gardner, a Criville, or Schwantz. Not a Rossi, Doohan, Agostini, or Rainey. But you keep drinking that kool-aid.

I think that the praise for him is grounded in needing an alternative to Rossi - praising him got old, even hating him got old, so people looked for an alternative. And found a lesser one, but try to attribute qualities to him that he doesn't have to make up for it. Unfortunately as soon as someone tries to bring the slightest sobriety to the comments about him, there's a whole kool-aid gang waiting in the bushes to jump at it...

But he's off racing cars instead like other have-beens. So he really has little place in a thread about the 2013 MotoGP season.
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
  7. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
  8. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    He will kick some ass on that RCV.
  9. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did it hurt when they removed your sense of humor?
  10. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    And yet you continue...
  11. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's some serious butthurtedness going on in here.

Stoner was an annoying prick, that doesn't change the fact that he was a fucking boss.
  12. Lurky-Loo

Lurky-Loo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  13. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:

I reckon Krops' a secret MM lover, he won't come out a say it being a refined pom but will work away at our subconcious (or, if you're an Aussie, unconcious :lol3) until we find we all love him.

He is not my favourite person, I don't like his "too pushy" passing moves but he is certainly a sight to behold on a bike and if he matures well over the next couple of seasons I can see me having to grudgingly admit to admiring him.

I still want Cal to win! :freaky

and Vale :freaky

and Dani. :freaky

just not Jorge :D
  14. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like he might challenge from the get-go. Maybe ruffle some feathers while doing it. Fresh breath.
  15. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm really funny. My mom says so.
  16. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    Secret my arse. I've made no bones about it, he is an alien. Only need to see those onboard videos from Motegi and Valencia to see why he is faster than the rest: no indecision. He instinctively makes the right call every time, and knows no fear. He's going to hurt himself a lot, though, because he's going to crash a couple of times next year. I hope he doesn't hurt himself too badly or anyone else.

Now he just needs his Spanish handlers to loosen the reins a little, and let him be the young man he is. Right now, he's a little too I'd-like-to-thank-my-sponsors to be truly entertaining.

And on a side note, something of the opposite is happening with Pedrosa. He is cutting loose a little, and is developing the knack of the bone-dry put down. He isn't lively, but he is becoming much wittier than he was before.
  17. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    After all his wins last year, he can loosen up a bit, eh? He is starting to know how good he is. Championship or not.
    And MM will push him to do even better. Dani should go over to MM's bike at the start of the season and piss on the fairing, just to let him know who is alpha.
  18. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think MM could develop into an alien a lot like Lorenzo did. I just hope he doesn't need a parachute in the process. No doubt he's going to push his own envelope. He was the only rider at Indy besides CS that seemed to use the back end to finish turns. Of course we all read that Stoner dials down his traction control to do that. MM clearly has that magic right wrist... Sounds like a recipe for a few sky shots in the early going...:eek1

Meanwhile, I'm going all in for Dani in 2013. He's my man. The full 112lbs of him. :lol3
  19. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:
    Although it hurts my Rossi branded heart I suspect you're right, he is an impressive young man!

(must remember to use this button on Krop in the future, clearly pressing it elicits a response....)

For Dani's sake I hope it is, I like the little bugger and he deserves to sit on the top seat but I also want to see the Crutchlow & Rossi show, maybe they can all share the podium?

I can see I'm in for another tough year!
  20. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    Speaking of which...

<div style='background-color:#e9e9e9; -moz-border-radius: 10px;border-radius:10px;width: 567px;'><object id='A64060' quality='high' data='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=EnOOnPQbTyiBbhGcU954JQ&service=www.jibjab.com&partnerID=holidays' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' height='319' width='567'><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><param name='movie' value='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=EnOOnPQbTyiBbhGcU954JQ&service=www.jibjab.com&partnerID=holidays'></param><param name='scaleMode' value='showAll'></param><param name='quality' value='high'></param><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='FlashVars' value='cornerRadius=10&external_make_id=EnOOnPQbTyiBbhGcU954JQ&service=www.jibjab.com&partnerID=holidays'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param></object><div style='text-align:center;margin-top:6px;'>Personalize funny videos and birthday <a href='http://www.jibjab.com/ecards?utm_campaign=Link+from+Embed&utm_medium=Share&utm_source=JibJab' title='eCards'>eCards</a> at JibJab!</div></div>

</object>
    Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!​

ooohhh , I'm going to pay for this...