2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They 400£ each that's why you can t see a lot :lol3
  2. shay

shay reading is hard

Oddometer:
    I bought it second hand, it was on a 1200gs but fits the 1190 perfectly. It lifts the wind blast over my head when I'm on the motorway (freeway). I have ordered the taller touring screen for the kTm and I presume I won't need the extender with that screen.
  3. shay

shay reading is hard

Oddometer:
    Irish bike mag put an 1190 on a dyno, 152 bhp and faultless, glitch free, curves for hp and torque.
  4. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock Long timer

Oddometer:
    that is nearly a thousand bucks ! Hopefully when the Wings comes out its closer to 500
  5. Bundu

Bundu KTM 1290SA

Oddometer:
    thanks!
    Let us know how the tall screen works for you?

I'm 188cm and the normal screen on the non-R bike is a bit too low for me, but I'm holding out a bit till more info is available - have bought too many screens that did not work in the past :ear
  6. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i have got a funny fealing it isnt screen makes buffering :) i hope i am wrong but i thing the mirrors makes the noise and buffering .
  7. Bianchi

Bianchi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had some serious problems with buffeting with both the short and the tall screen. It started at really low speeds, 40kmh. I've been running without any screen at all for a while now and it is MUCH better. More wind ofourse, but smooth wind. I tried mounting the screen on studs to get it further out to get more air behind it but this did not help. Yesterday I cut off the "upper lip" (where it starts to bend upwards) on my low screen and it was a big improvement. Still some windnoise but no buffeting. Worked best in the low position but unlike before could be used in the upper position as well for more protection in case of rain or cold. I've only tried cutting the short screen. On my V-Strom I used a Madstad adjustable mounting and a California scientific large screen. It was heaven and I hope someone will come up with a solution as good as that. (I'm 190cm).
  8. RoteEddie

RoteEddie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    Eddie, you're lucky!
    These bikes look a little different with knobbies or knobblies, depending on where you're from. :D
    Pure Awesome!
  10. mcguyver

mcguyver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Bundu any updates on the twin exhaust? I tried to register on the SA forum but it uses those dumb captcha codes and wont accept my input.

Do you have pics from the LHS all the pics I have seen are from the right, which is the easy side. I am more interested to see what they did on the left.

I am very keen to get rid of the monstrosity fitted as std so am very keen to see what transpires with this.
  11. veesquared

veesquared Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. IowaAl

IowaAl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Could someone who has ridden both the Standard and R model comment on the difference between the two for street riding. How much street worthiness is lost by the R? I read the R has lighter steering and less road feel. Any truth in that? Thanks so much for your comments.
  13. sjp3003

sjp3003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Look like Continental TKC 80's to me.
  15. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    May be just to get interest before arrival, maybe now that the US dealers are/close to being back from rides in Austria bringing the demos back...

I typed in a general search for KTM 1190 adventure and this ad was on the page...

http://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/mercha...gclid=CMX755LhlLgCFRBgMgodgVsA3g#.UdTZZzHD8iQ

As is typical, doesn't give specifics other than "now taking deposits" but a US dealer with something up...

Nothing on the KTM US site though
  16. paturoa

paturoa Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'd say that is an accurate generalisation for street riding, but the difference is actually quite small. I found the std's seat height makes it also feel like a smaller / lighter bike to sit on.
  17. Bundu

Bundu KTM 1290SA

Oddometer:
    yeh, those captcha codes suck on some websites....

I will see if I can get more info and post here
  18. RoteEddie

RoteEddie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    TKC's! They will be replaced before I collect it. I allready have a 690 with TKC's and can't really understand how they could cope with 150 hp :D
  19. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Nor can I. Can people post up what kind of tire life they are getting on the Adventure or the R? Can't wait to see. lol
  20. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    He was running OEM Conti TAs afaik:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21762939&postcount=4