UFO's and Inmates

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Ohio_Danimal, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal the only thing between want and did is do Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thought this might be an interesting topic and perhaps even spawn some real discussion rather than kneejerk closed-minded scepticism.

Ever since I had a weird UFO encounter when I was 13 (am now 51) I have had an interest in the subject. My sighting, while not occurring while on a motorcycle, was a lengthy sighting of over a half hour and involved a number of my friends as well who pretty much saw the same thing.

Ever since that evening I have always seemed to be more aware of the sky and what is happening in it. Nearly every time I am anywhere somewhat remote with a good skyview I pay attention. Dunno if I am waiting for another sighting or just somehow longing to understand someday.

And what larger demographic spends an inordinant amont of time in off-beat and remote places? Inmates!

So...if you have ever had a sighting while riding and either felt odd trying to relate it to others, here's your chance to be heard. I would think this thread would also be a good place to describe pretty much any event of a paranormal nature would qualify.

And if you are here to do nothing but tell people they're nutter, feck off.

Too many credible witnesses to detailed UFO sightings to discredit, Police, Military, Pilots both commercial and miltary, radar operators, you name it.

So have at it.
  2. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:
    Where I've seen things flying in the Sky that I couldn't identify and that fits the definiton of U.F.O. I've never seen anything close enough to go...W.T.F.?!...
    2 of the weirdest moments in my life were while driving along, passing an area (late at night, stone sober) and then, swearing, as I passed the same area again, that I'd just passed it and the clocks time vs. how long I felt I'd been out just didn't add up.:huh
    I'd chalk the above (happend twice in my life time) up to an alien abduction but, my ass didn't hurt.:D

Now, if you ever start a thread about the Supernatural; Having been raised to be a Witch by my Mother, I definitely have some creepy stories I could tell.:wink:

F.W.I.W. I think you're brave to start a thread like this.:freaky(around a place like this at least)
  3. Goran69

Goran69 MNE

Oddometer:
    Now I bet a year salary that this thread is gonna and up in YO MAMA :rofl:rofl

Cause many of us see UFOs..... regularly after a night out:freaky:freaky
  4. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah...:nod this one's got da' "momma" written all over it... :evil

Faster than you can say; "What you doin' plannin' to do with 'dat anal probe there ET...?" :huh :rofl
  5. Naq

Naq Kitsune

Oddometer:
    I've seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion and watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. Does that count? :D
    Uke likes this.
  6. crampfan

crampfan Banned

Oddometer:
    I've seen a black helicopter.....my mind has been controlled for a few years now.
  7. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    And I actually thought the maturity and intelect level here were sufficient to allow an actual duscission.

Guess I was wrong.

It's normal for people to make fun of things they don't understand I guess. It works as a defense mechanism when your paradigm is challenged.
  8. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Uke likes this.
  9. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Mods...please close this thread
  10. Goran69

Goran69 MNE

Oddometer:
    You are some party breaker are you not?
  11. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:

Aside from my haha comment about my ass not hurting (it wasn't) I was being serious.:ear
  12. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what the hell did you see when you were 15? And be serious!! This is a serious thread! No joking around!
  13. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Seriously...? What did you expect... seriously? You posted a thread asking feedback on peoples personal experiences with UFO SIGHTINGS in a forum dedicated to discussing MOTORCYCLE RIDING techniques and practices...??!! :huh

At best, I thought a mod would have bumped it to the basement long before this... but it seem's it has been left here to run for a while...? :dunno

Sorry if you've been offended, but if you wanted your discussion on the verification of UFO's to be taken seriously, perhaps you should have opted to posted your query on a forum more aligned to discussing such matters...? Here, unfortunately it was treated with the contemptable humour it probably deserved... even if this is the only ADVRider forum with the word "myth" in it's title... :wave
  14. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm out. :rofl
  15. Naq

Naq Kitsune

Oddometer:
    Joking aside I can see his line of thought:

"And what larger demographic spends an inordinant amont of time in off-beat and remote places? Inmates!"

Unfortunately the strangest things I've seen in remote areas always involve other people. Maybe if he takes the ribbing in stride someone else will have a UFO story.
  16. Voluhzia

Voluhzia iExplorer

Oddometer:
    I was an alien before, landed in Detroit in 2001, five years later got naturalized.

[​IMG]
  17. supamanaint

supamanaint when in doubt - power out

Oddometer:
    The Riverina NSW / The Hunter NSW / SE Qld
    Maybe inmates would post their stories if only they knew that others would not ridicule them.

Seriously he has a point of who else spends as much time in remote areas off the beaten track.

There seems to be no shortage of people who suffer SMS (small mind syndrome) on adv.
  18. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Many (like probably 40 years ago) camping while fishing and sober, my friends and I saw ufo's. Exactly what I said, unidentified objects. As much as I would like to believe in extra terrestrial life, I DO NOT KNOW.

I was looking at the moon, and I noticed a red dot on the surface. II asked my friend to look at the moon and tell me what he saw. Nothing more.

He saw the same red dot, using a clock coordinate system in the same pace as I

We watched for about 10 minutes as it appeared to orbit. Then it was just not there.

That is the best I have. As I said unidentified.

I college I went to a lecture by Dr Harley Rutledge who I can attest was completely nuts. So my skepticism is now much much more intense. I do hope they are out there, they are peaceful, and we do not taste good. Perhaps they are robots, a logical step in evolution from organics. Possibly not interested in carbon life forms or in need or our habitable zone planet

Back to my wine now.

Rod
  19. ehatcher

ehatcher Hello? Is this thing on? Supporter

Oddometer:
    What about the secret south pole base that the Nazis flew their saucers to after WW2? Heck you can even see pics of it on Youtube...

E
  20. davidji

davidji Taylor's Version

Oddometer:
    I think this is totally appropriate on an adventure motorcycle forum. People sometimes have strange experiences on their adventures, and this is an inquiry to see who has had this kind.

FWIW the best book I've read on the topic is Messengers of Deception. The author became interested in the UFOs because of an experience he had as an astronomer working at an observatory. Initially he believed UFOs were extra terrestrial, but changed his views after doing more research.