Mattawa - How deep is the snow?

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by K_N_Fodder, Dec 29, 2012.

1. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heh... I always get a giggle posting in the "Green and Wet" thread when it's white and 15 degrees out... :D

Couple buddies and I were hoping to drive up (and down, and west) to Mattawa tomorrow. Any local knowledge around to tell us we are or aren't crazy?

Thanks a bunch.
    Justin
  2. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    C'mon gents, somebody must know :). Leaving early AM tomorrow... just don't want to do the 4 hour drive if we're not going to be able to ride :D
  3. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/cameras/default.aspx?cam=1107

Here is the closest camera to the area. I have been wanting to know too. This is lower than the Mattawa area, however. There is a camera at the George concert area which is higher elevation, and that shows snow.
    If you go, post up conditions, we are riding somewhere Monday or Tuesday.:deal
  4. mamacone

mamacone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure about Mattawa, there is a little snow in Kennewick and light fluff happening now. I am sure Mattawa is ridable. Will be a little snow in places. Juniper would be my choice if I was driving four hours. Last time I was at Mattawa half the area had been fenced off leaving limited riding.
  5. hayshaker

hayshaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is going to be snow and ice. I have 2" on the ground at George so would expect the same plus more as you gain elevation. It is still good fun but a bit chilly. I don't mind the snow but ice is no fun in the canyons unless you are studded.

TONY
  6. hayshaker

hayshaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have Tuesday off and could consider a ride.

TONY
  7. Grantizzle

Grantizzle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    a few buddies and i are making the drive over on the 1st for a ride. none of us have been before, so if you see two KTMs and a DR650 on their side, come say hi. just don't make too much fun, we're sensitive.
  8. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    Ha! Thanks gents. Snowing like a bugger down here in Bend. I'd better get packing, leaving at 05:00 or thereabouts :huh. Tough to do, just rolling home from a holiday party...:freaky
  9. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    It was deep at higher elevations gents. Fun in the canyons and some of the hill climbs, deeps snow on top. I'll try to get some pics up today, but I left my camera at a New Year's party last night. The drive up sucked balls, deep snow, ice, freezing fog, etc. Much better on the way back.

Post face plant.
    [​IMG]