The horror, the horror

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by backfill, Nov 27, 2013.

1. daveoneshot

daveoneshot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't forget Hucky's BMW Parts.......talking to Hans Lowe is like having a personal connection to The Factory. Extremely capable man.
  2. Thorazine

Thorazine Likes exhaust fumes

Oddometer:
    Lanesplittin Valhalla--Southern California
    Backfill, those pics are sickening. It hurts to see an Airhead treated this way. I hate assholes. I say repair this. It deserves another chance to burn around your fine province again. That's what we do; we keep these outstanding machines running as they were intended to.

Have you looked into the local Airheads, as in the Airheads Beemer Club? Go here: http://www.airheads.org/ . I know there are quite a few in Ontario who know of the local expert/trusted Airhead welders, wrenches and parts suppliers.
    They've a great bunch of like-minded Beemer geeks--always willing to help. Look into them.

Good luck, Bubba!
  3. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    It would be cheaper to replace the cylinders and heads than fix the fins, as you don't have the pieces and they would need to be made to fit then finished to look like new not very easy to do and very time consuming...$$$$$$$
  4. bringenufgun

bringenufgun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. mesher

mesher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When you said you were having second thoughts about taking this on I was a bit shocked. I say repair her, and I would use the original parts wherever possible. She survived the attack and still runs sweetly, that's a big deal, something to be proud of. She'll be left with scars, but she deserves to carry them proudly, they'll be part of her story.

But that's just me, I'm probably weird, I've always thought scars were way sexier than tattoos. :D
  6. GrahamM

GrahamM Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I did not already have a winter project of my own in the garage I would have bought that one.. I found it funny the guy mentioned nothing about all the damage in his ad. You got a good deal.

There are about 4 good replica suppliers in Germany that do good seats... Uli bmw and s meyer.... Both near Frankfurt, been to both places .... Good guys in the business a long time. Only drag is the euro conversion right now. For parts I found airheadpartsonline.com in ontario... . Decent prices but I have not purchased from him yet... Order going in this week for clutch and carb parts. Otherwise I get all other parts through maxbmw or capital cycle.. Local bmw is way out of line for most stuff... $68 for a oil filter and two pan gaskets and to top it off 5 week delivery with a 150km postal service :(