Accel 152440 3-Phase Motorcycle Stator for BMW

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by 3Rrr, Dec 8, 2012.

1. 3Rrr

3Rrr Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer:
    Looks like the availability for the Electrosport stator is not good - I was told mid-Jan. My stator is slowly failing. Afraid each time I go out for any long period of time. When I get home I charge the battery up again.

Saw the Accel 152440 Stator listed, and it said it was good for some of the other BMW's that also cross-reference to similar specs for the F800.

Just curious if anyone has tried it. I believe I would have to reuse the factory grommet and ends.

Anyone?
  2. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    <fieldset style="border:0;margin:16px 0 0;padding:0"> Contact: Custom Rewind
    Address:
    2014 Pratt Highway, Birmingham, AL 35214
    Phone: (205) 798-7282

See if they can do a quick turnaround on rewinding the stock stator.
    They do some first class work according to fellow inmates.
    Electrosport has many quality control issues with manufacturing stators.

</fieldset>
  3. BcDano

BcDano One Lucky Dude

Oddometer:
  4. mapuda

mapuda Crash Tested Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had to replace my stock stator at about 35k. I replaced it with an Electrosport. That stator did not last a year so I bought a Ricks Motorsport to replace it. Kudo's to Electrosport as they replaced the stator with a new one. Now at 49K, my voltage sensor is telling me that this stator is not fully charging.

I finally got my hands on a Shindengen MOSFET regulator so I'm going to install it with the new Electrosport and have the Stock & Rick's stators rewound.

The only big drain on the electrical system when I occasionally plug in my Gerbings and a HID kit for the low beam from 1 Off Motorsports, which I just learned is out of business. Sheesh.
  5. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    If anybody does talk to Custom Rewind please post back with their opinion and approach...

Cost
    Temperature rating of insulation
    Their opinion of the situation....

Calling them is on "my list" but the list is long...............

:1drink
  6. 3Rrr

3Rrr Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer:
    I'll try giving Custom Rewind a call this Monday.

The Accel unit says it is for the F800ST with upgraded specs - not that I can find what specs they are... Price is right at $79 - almost tempted to order and try it.

<hr class="bucketDivider" noshade="noshade" size="1"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bucket normal"> Product Features

• Accel stators include upgraded features for better performance
    • Increase power output and reliability
    • Substantial power gain within the engine rpm ranges that it is needed most
    • Changes to winding specifications and wire size and the number of poles that the magnet wire is wrapped around
    • Better than new performance upgraded to better than OE specifications

</td></tr></tbody></table>
  7. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    Just for the record, with the type system BMW (and most motorcycles use), your stator is running at full output all the time. any electric not used is just sent to ground through the regulator.
  8. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
    That's an attractive list of features .... I don't think they left anything out! :D
  9. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agreed buyer beware! The stocker is a $200 stator. Demands top quality wire, high temp epoxy and tight winding construction.