Tent Space Sign-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by geode, Jul 4, 2006.

1. asc

asc n00b

Oddometer:
    I live on a awesome golf course with a great view of the smokies in tennessee Dandridge actually 25 minutes from smokies, motorcycle garage and shower nice area to camp anytime just let me know name is Bret Smith It is always nice to have a place to relax for free. I work at alpine ski center in Knoxville 865 584 3614 cell is 865 806 8344 call let me I might need a camp spot myself sometime.
  2. DutchVDub

DutchVDub Adventurous Pirate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Milliken, CO

I've got plenty of tools in the garage and am more than willing to help with repairs. I've been a diesel mechanic for 12+ years now, not a lot of experience with bikes but I can figure most things out. I have a futon in the spare room and a decent back yard to pitch a tent in. Also have an unfinished basement you can use.

People call me Dutch

email is my screen-name @yahoo.com
  3. Panamericana2012

Panamericana2012 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Wiesbaden, just 30 minutes from Frankfurt, and I can offer a couch or an air mattress. Tools available if needed. Safe parking in the garage.
    Contact me a couple of days (or weeks) in advance: maheerwagen(at)gmx.de

Cheers
    Mathias
    ond and arvilscimermanis like this.
  4. Evomx971

Evomx971 Wave as you fly over

Oddometer:
    Live a little south of Des Moines, IA just off I-35. Have 5 acres of tent space, some indoor accommodations, showers, plenty of covered parking, workshop, tools, food, and drinks. Good friends with the owner of the KTM dealership and a local machinist.

Can be gone a lot so more notice is better. Email kwagner971@gmail.com

See you out there! :D
  5. justafurnaceman

justafurnaceman Imaginary

Oddometer:
    Okay guys, I'm now living in Woodford, Virginia. I have a decent size garage with some basic tools and a truck and trailer. The yard is quite big so you can throw up a tent or two if needed. I also have a spare bedroom and air mattress if the weather is not pleasant for camping. Please no weirdos (well, too weird), drunks, or drugees.

I have a dog.

You can email me at justafurnaceman at hotmail dot com.
    Glenn247 likes this.
  6. bbanker

bbanker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Halfway between the mountains and the beach, and 1 hour from the BRP and Uwharrie. Bed, shower, beer, small work shed and some tools. Close to lots of bars and restaurants. Wife, 3 dogs and 3 cats so hope you aren't allergic....
    brad_banker@hotmail.com or PM.
    B
  7. Deanman

Deanman Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Port Angeles, WA
    Hi everyone,
    Finally getting around to posting here... I expect I may soon use the tent space map, so figured it was high time to offer up my space in return.
    I have mucho tent space just West of Port Angeles, WA, between the foothills of the Olympic mountains and the beaches of the Straits of Juan De Fuca. Some covered areas to get out of the rain, or if it's just one or two of you FF's, we might even offer up a guest room with a real bed.:D
    Decently equipped shop with lift and homemade tire changer for your maintenance needs. Also will be happy to show you some cool roads/trails around here.
    Shoot me a private message to make sure we'll be around.

A few pictures of our place:

[​IMG]

The fire ring and picnic area:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our 8 acres provide habitat for many kinds of birds and other critters:

Cedar Waxwing:

[​IMG]

Frog:

[​IMG]

A few visitors we have had:

Nomadgal (Esther):

[​IMG]

Two Nongs (Kath and Rob):

[​IMG]

And some local Meet Up riders:

[​IMG]

This is Gary (Arctic Rider) and step-daughter Tandy:

[​IMG]

Gary and Tandy on their way back through:

[​IMG]

We are about 15 minutes from the Coho ferry dock for international travel and we have had many ADVRiders base camp here for that reason.
    View attachment 3273879

This is me and my wife leaving on our trip to Yellowstone summer 2013:

[​IMG]

This is me leaving for the Coast to Coast and Back (on the TAT) trip I took summer 2014:

[​IMG]

Happy travels,
    Dean

Attached Files:

Jamie Z and scorch like this.
  8. Sidney

Sidney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bloomington, IL 61704. Intersection of I-55/I-74/I-39. Pretty much right in the middle of Illinois if you're passing through.

Backyard for tents.
    Shower/Bathroom/Sauna/Washer & Dryer/Kitchen/maybe bedroom.
    Hot Tub.
    Grill.
    Garage with tools.

Sidney
  9. Rcadam

Rcadam n00b

Oddometer:
    Manakin Sabot, VA. Tools, garage space to work, lawn area for tent, deck for relaxing, drinking beer, and telling lies.
    Cell 607.661.9742. Adam
  10. motoqueen

motoqueen One Life. Live It.

Oddometer:
    Kempner TX
    located approx 2 1/2 miles from corner of HWY 190 and FM 2657
    Tent space, tools, motorcycle lift, trailer. 2 dogs and 2 cats
    PM a few days in advance
    pceire32 likes this.
  11. tmcdougall

tmcdougall Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have space just north of Rochester NH on white mountain hwy. We have ample tent space and may have a bedroom or two provided you win over the wife and 4 dogs/2 cats... Shower, bathroom, small shop with the basics, fire pit and cold adult beverages, possibly vittles with a couple of days notice... Trailer and 4 wheel drive available if needed

PM here or email: thomas.mcdougall@gmail.com
  12. werewasi

werewasi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lismore NSW, Australia
    Just off the Pacific Hwy.(the coastal road from Sydney to Brisbane) in the middle of superb bike riding territory (no boring stuff) and great all year round weather.

Call 0421913289 mobile
    bad luck and pceire32 like this.
  13. MrPopples

MrPopples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cologne, Gers, France. (close to Toulouse)

Plenty of place for a tent.
    But there's also a guest room with a bed for two.
    garage available with tools (metric and imperial... as I currently own a Buell) and plenty of space to store a bike or three.

PM me/Phone me if you want to come by.
    Guillaume / +336 83 83 86 14
    Don T, nsfw and Donmanolo like this.
  14. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    I am about 1.5 hrs north of NY City. Zip code 12570

Garage, basic tools, trailer, cold drinks, grill, fire pit, plenty of tent space, or extra bedrooms if you can convince my wife that you're not going to "Chop us up in our sleep", as she puts it. (She watches too many murder mystery shows on tv.):lol3
  15. Jerry3567

Jerry3567 Adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am just across the river from St. Louis, MO. I'm located in Millstadt, IL.

I have an extra bedroom with a double bed,also i have tools, I am a machinist and a machine tool service tech, we can get you patched up. Cheap beer, and I live on a farm you can play around and ride if you want. Feel free. Its my brother and I that live here, I would be more than happy to buy you dinner and provide somewhere to rest for a few days.
  16. Chief Gunner

Chief Gunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've Been away for quite awhile due to some unexpected life events but it's all good / better these days. Living, working and Riding in Andalusia / Southern Spain these days.

I live here in Rota Spain in a very modern and very clean 3 bedroom 4 bath house with a private 2 car garage (and enough tools to work on just about anything). I have Plenty of room to host 3-4 ADV travelers comfortably who come to Southern Spain on their travels.

The patio is equipped with a grill and an extra large cooler too, the beach is only a five minute walk away and all of Rota can be traveled on foot in 15 minutes.

I'm Only an hour or so from Gibralter and a short ferry ride over to Morraco.:evil

I've been looking for an excuse (other riders who want to bring me and my KTM 990 Adventure (Baja edition) to Africa for some riding :D

Contact me via PM
  17. el' hefe

el' hefe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ****TEMP HOLD ON TENT SPACE - Can not accept riders at this time, but will update when tent space is available. *******

Seattle, 98103

Just North of downtown Seattle in the Green Lake area.

Tent space (on pavers). Orange bikes also get a free beer!:lol3

Nearby motorcycle/motorcycle repair shops; Triumph, BMW, Motoguzzi, and a few independents that can handle just about anything.

Try to give a couple days notice in order to make sure I check PM's and e-mail prior to arrival. Also have a truck and ramp should you need some roadside assistance.

jeffrop (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Please reference ADV Tent Space...... or something to that extent.
  18. StartAdventures

StartAdventures riders on the storm

Oddometer:
    Phoenix, Usa. Milan, Italy . Kazan, Russia.
    Hello adventure riders here is Teo and Lily and Leo (our son), we did a world trip by motorbike so every adventurer is very welcome in our house.

We live in I live in Kazan an amazing over 1000 years old city.

Kazan is 900 km west of Moscow.

For the moment we are recostrutcion of our flat so floor space or camp in back yard, in a few months back to normality.

I have welder, air compressor and few tools, we can do samething on the bike.

Metro 150 meters from my house to get to city center which is just 3 stops away
    Waiting for u easyriders and easysouls .

Complicate or nose up guys, please enjoy hotels .

Cheers

Teo and Lily

our gps cordinate 55.7624473,49.1680561

telephone for emergency + 79 37 zero zero 2 33 3 four

my email teowonder at yahoo dot it
  19. Yukon Jon

Yukon Jon Perma-lurker

Oddometer:
    No Yukon ADVer's signed up yet?

Well, anyone passing through the territory will most likely have to drive through Carmacks, so might as well throw the invite out there.

Edited 2015-08-10

Moved from Carmacks to Watson Lake, the "gateway to the Yukon."

Still have a garage, basic tools, beer in the fridge, and a place to crash. As before, drop a line a few days out and we'll make arrangements, or swing by the RCMP station on the way into town and ask for Jon.

Edited 2019-06-03

Moved again to Haines Junction this time, space no longer available in Watson Lake. No accommodations availability at this time, will update to reflect if that changes again.
    Rodak, e30_325es, ZiggyInNc and 5 others like this.
  20. garry_kramer

garry_kramer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Room for a couple tents and bikes in south Edmonton.

Also have a couple beds in the house for fellow riders.

Have tools, lift, tire changer and coffee if you want.

T6K2W5
    780-803-3044 c
    outty likes this.