Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. The Butcher

The Butcher Tiger Man

Oddometer:
  2. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    if there is a recall on the mechanism that caused your off.

why would you not have the dealer/manufacturer cover all repairs caused by the issue?
  3. llamapacker

llamapacker Mr. Conservative

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a pretty tall story to me. Can't imagine anyone taking off on a bike with the fork locked all the way left or right, you might try a three wheeler next time, much safer.
  4. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At 12 183' on the highest continuous road in the United States. (Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mtn National Park, Colorado)

[​IMG]
  5. Vito

Vito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm familiar with your rear tire, is it a Michelin Pilot road? How much does the oem Pirelli rear last? Thanks!
  6. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
  7. Dave.0

Dave.0 on the spectrum

Oddometer:
  8. Sock Monkey

Oddometer:
  9. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great review, although you can see how soft the stock suspension is. I disagree a little on the dash. The tach isn't much to write home about but everything else on it is great. (Including the shift light).
  11. Ducksbane

Ducksbane Quaaack!!!

Oddometer:
    I've been admiring the Multistrada for a while now ... so today I had a short test ride to see if I really was interested.

Result ... it wasn't as good as I thought it would be .... it was much better! :clap

What a lovely bike ... feels like it weighs far less than it does, is really manageable, has a great turning circle, totally civilised in urban mode, full 150 horsepower is "impressive", very comfortable riding position.

I'd say its biggest fault would be that it could easily suck you into thinking its just a big pussycat ... and I think it probably deserves a lot of respect if you want to live for a lot longer! :D

One day I want one of these!
  12. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The nice thing is if you ride around at below 6000 rpm, it is a big torqey feline. 2 up is very manageable, but you always have power on tap for a pass. You do have to be a little careful (2up anyway) to keep the front down.
  13. bross

bross Where we riding to?

Oddometer:
    Quick question, what's the gas tank on the Multistrada made out of? Is it the same plastic as the Monsters etc. Just wondering if the Multi's will experience the same tank swelling as the Monsters have been.

Not trolling, I've been seriously looking at the new Monster Evo after riding my wife's Street Triple R and liking it, I'm trying to decide between the Speed Triple or Monster. The ongoing tank issues with the Monster have me leaning towards the Speed Triple. But then I keep coming back to this bloody Multistrada.
  14. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. Sock Monkey

Oddometer:
    I don't know if the tank "is the same plastic as the Monster", but I do know 1) it's plastic....really heavy duty, super thick plastic, and 2) the Multi 1200 has been out for 1.5 years now and I've not heard of a single issue with the tank swelling.

So....have you taken the Multi out for a test ride yet? :evil

-SM
  16. bross

bross Where we riding to?

Oddometer:
    Not yet, our local, (well local to me was 2 hours away) Ducati dealer closed last year. A new one has opened but haven't had a chance to ride up there yet.
  17. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  18. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great video, now I want to buy one, not that I didn't before. Obviously I would have to change the panniers, the windscreen and tires, just like the Tenere.
  19. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have rode from 5000' to 12000' repeatedly. We also get poor gas (Ethanl :() No problems with the fuel tank. I don't think we will see any issues. They seem very stout. All my last legal speed tanks have got me over 200 miles before the low fuel light comes on too. Even 2 up. If you are easy on it, 250 miles/tank is doable 1 up.

I just wish the aftermarket would bring out a nice 80/20 rear tire for it.

I will add, this is the best riding motor I have ever been on. It just works. I dare say "perfect" :clap Best part of the bike. I would change other things, but the motor is awesome.
  20. Sock Monkey

Oddometer:
    Yeah....Greg didn't fare so well this year. But Carlin totally rocked the showroom queen! :lol3

-SM