NEOhio ADV & TAG!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by SlipChip, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

Bummer, so soon?
  2. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    The busa gets stored as soon as I see the salt come out. The Dr is still out and about on occasion
  3. BigArn

BigArn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had that window of oppertunity to get it were it's being stored and had to do it. My garage is so damp and I didn't want that particular bike sitting in it all winter long.
  4. McTacticool

McTacticool Importer/Exporter

Oddometer:
    On a 2 digit state route (with a sum of 11) that runs North & South through Holmes and Wayne.
    Directly south of a road that bears Cpt. Solo's real first name.
    [​IMG]
  5. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    Cool clues. I ride the DR's all winter!!! If it gets too gnarley, grab the snowboard and head for the mountains.
  6. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
  7. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Don't blame you for that
  8. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    I've been considering storing the new Strom. I always just kept the old bike against the back wall but I know it's damp in there and I won't ride it once the salt goes down. Every once in a while I'd go out and there'd be condensation on things along the back wall (bikes, etc). I don't really get it as my garage is pretty new and well sealed. Maybe to well? Who knows. I'm still riding every day but will probably be taking it over to State 8 next week since I'm sure the salt or brine trucks will be out in force this weekend. I probably should have taken it over already but now I won't be able to get there until Monday. Can't beat $20 per month for heated storage I don't think. Plus it will free up some space in the garage.
  9. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    One more thing. Any storage tips? I guess I'd lube the chain (my last bike was shaft drive but I'm assuming that this is something I should do), pour a decent amount of Sea Foam in the tank, run the bike for a bit to get it through the lines, top off the fuel and pull the battery so it can be kept indoors on a tender. Anything I'm overlooking?
  10. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Changing your signature to something like "ride 212"? :lol3
  11. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    Too funny
    [​IMG]
  12. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    Ha! I hear ya. The signature came from a license plate I had at the time I made it. "Ride" covers all the bases. I snowboard, motorcycle, road bike, mountain bike, skateboard... All things that you "ride", hence the ride365. My old motorcycle I did ride every month of the year as long as the road was clear of ice and snow. Neither rain, temps, or salt kept me off it, just ice and snow. This ones still too new to abuse that way. I'll stick to "riding" one of the other things I have each day to keep w/ the "365" theme.
  13. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    If you want to hit 7 Springs when the snow flies let me know.
  14. McTacticool

McTacticool Importer/Exporter

Oddometer:
    Take me!!!!!!!!
  15. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    I'd love to! :D
  16. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tom - I pick up a 4th week of vacation next year so I might be able to make one of your weekday springs runs - let me know when you are going.
  17. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    I'm wagering there's a heating system or something causing the temp to change in there for that much humidity. Maybe a vehicle heats the air if its small enough?

Drain a tank or seafoam and top it off,preferred is top/seafoam so condensation doesn't get in the tank. Battery tender,and a fresh oil change. Keep the tires up too if possible, and seal your snorkel in the airbox from mice. Should about cover it.
  18. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    Great, we could do an NEOhio ADV Day at 7. Last year i took Father X and it was... interesting. It has some challenging terrain. Have had a yearly pass there for five years, a waste of $ last season.
  19. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Dropped my bike on my foot yesterday when I stalled it turning around in a crowded gas station lot. Spiraral fracture of the fifth metatarsal. What a doofus! I was going to ride for the tag today and here I am limited to watching the stoopid parade.:cry
  20. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    Bummer Slip!