L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    You got the meeting and the eating pics....where's the :ricky

Nowwhat made it without doing his insect on the windshield impression....

:hide

Didn't use the "B" word :D

Hope you get it put back together for Sito's ride...I think you will like it. Some sand wash...some fast stuff with little roller jumps...Pioneer Town for lunch. DR will be flyin' on this ride if he makes it.
  2. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    now that is funny.....

bastage...
  3. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Sorry I had to let DR take this one on his own. I notice he looks light on the alcohol and like a lost puppy in the pound without at least one of his drinking/riding partners.

Unfortunately, since I abuse my bike as much as myself, my bike was begging for some wrenching before KM. New handlbars and risers, and I even gave in to installing a new mirror after riding for six months without.
    Noticed after the last night ride that my body had bent the handlebars down and forward on the right side, which explained the bruise that ran from my hip all the way up to just below my ribs.:lol3
  4. rruugger

rruugger formally Sir Crashalot

Oddometer:
    Lost puppy... I don't know, but in the morning he definitely looked like he may have had to much blood in his alcohol system. :photog
  5. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    After the front tire flat incident, John and I got separated from the group. The main group have cameras and just wonder if any took some pics that we can upload.

[Nowwhat made it without doing his insect on the windshield impression....]

[​IMG]

Muhahahahahaha......:lol3 , he scraped his boots though! :clap

NW....you have a new avatar....:jack
  6. rruugger

rruugger formally Sir Crashalot

Oddometer:
    Joel, your just as quick with your tire irons as you are with your camera. but I must say Rob is very quick with a beer.

Attached Files:

7. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lost i was,seems the jack and coke,taquila shot corona chasin pole spinnin friday was alittle out of control...but three trail fixers and the six at the ranch did the trick, still missed my parters in crime.next time boys:clap had a good time with the crew that did show..all the usual suspects and one new ....welcome Quicksy good job, gotta get out wheelin some time.sorry Joel between my fan(which started working again on the way home :ddog )and my hanger...didnt have much time for pics.that and the lack of my camera:huh
  8. qwiksilver

qwiksilver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for being there for my first ever dirt ride. You guys rock! :wings

Whoever ended up behind me in the dirt...thanks for your patience with my blazing 20mph speed. Watch out! I'll run you over...eventually.

Thanks to sopascat for waiting where the trails did a split and keeping me from getting lost forever.

My legs are screamin' from standing on the bike so much yesterday. Looks like I will be coming home late three nights a week...gym time.

I nearly dropped the bike a half dozen times. I was too scared to actually drop it. And besides, I'm not too good at picking up my own bike. (Another reason for some gym time.) There were times I was wondering if I was actually going to make a turn while standing. That's a technique I will have to perfect with time in the saddle...er...standing over it.

Sorry I left so early...I was so done...exhausted. I came home, fell on the couch and when I woke up there was a puddle of clothes and gear next to the front door.

dunerat...as soon as I can get that skid cut off the front off the Jeep and replaced...we'll go out and hammer our junk. :webers
  9. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    :lurk wheres the ride pics :lurk wheres the ride report :lurk

p.s. Mendenhall Truck Trail is doable WITHOUT a key:thumb . and its not a ranch. they ride horses on it, so if you do end up riding it, if you see water troughs you know there is horses around the corner and kill your motor. it is parallel to SCD and ends at the ranger station/restroom on SCD.:deal
  10. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    You just saw it,short of an NX 250 shootin the BPL hill and losing it both times ....well you get my drift,especially if you were following me:wink: wish i could have made the big boy run but i was too buzy cowering in the closet(chose alcohol and well you know sat nite)i need a steady girl friend so i want to leave too:lol3OH YEA....almost forgot:lurk
  11. nsfw

Oddometer:
    :(: no ride pics, .... i got separated from the group, me sad too.

but as shown on the title "breakfast at newcombs" we did what we came for, and more like lunch...:wink:

from what i heard, there were a total of over 10 crashes including mine....surprisingly none from the new nOObs...:thumb
  12. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. nsfw

Oddometer:
    I think you did well:clap, on the way up on Pacifico you were focused and stood on the pegs even at the corners...that's a good start. We plan to hold a nOOb riding clinic when Trailtrick gets back from Chile. There are a lot of good riders here who will be there to help. Also, once you have all the protective gear, your riding will become more aggressive.

[​IMG]
  14. fmfpunk

fmfpunk Hooligan in training

Oddometer:
    Got out late today. Was nice up on the ridge.

You FFs have a good week.

Marty

Attached Files:

15. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rode slab again today....like I have a choice....:huh

little look at the normal Sunday group

The motards....the Hp2 wants to be a KTM....:D

[​IMG]

For Dunerat....if you must ride an American V-twin....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Classic

[​IMG]

This was a trip...rode it for a few minutes....an Electric dirt bike for those "Stealthy" missions....all torque but no engine braking...would be fun for a day or so...but at $11,000 I think sales will be ....ummm....light...

[​IMG]
  16. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry...dont ride sportsters:lol3
  17. qwiksilver

qwiksilver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, lack o'gear kind of had me terrified of dropping it.

Lessons definitely needed. I kept hearing here something about someone needing to get off their seat...I saw Cathy doing it...so I tried it. It helped. I will be the first in the noob clinic!

If I want to shop at Chaparrel, I have to spend some money on the Jeep first so I can get out there.

And about that electric bike...nah...$11k and no engine braking. Where's the control? Not a bargain. JMHO.
  18. nsfw

Oddometer:
    thanks nw.

very nice bikes, and imho, this bike belongs to the modern art museaum! :deal
  19. nsfw

Oddometer:
    teaser....where's the rest? :wink:
  20. fmfpunk

fmfpunk Hooligan in training

Oddometer:
    I just had a couple more. Was a quick afternoon ride. Just needed to get out in the dirt.

I'm lucky i live close to some dirt. And i have a dirt bike. 2 actually. Nice having a back up. In case one is down. Or i do a NowWhat......:pynd