2013 Latin America Rider Rallye - Everyone's Welcome

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by bananaman, Jan 18, 2013.

1. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    With Nata Harli in Cambodia stuck in a cab or some shit, I guess it's up to me to ask the Collective what kind of US and Canada based Latin America Riders' Rallye we should have this year. Sometimes Ken (aka Nata Harli) and I and a few other FF's figure shit out before we start a thread, but to me that seems to organized. I think we need two or a few things: a place, a date, and a list. If and when you decide that you need a better place, the farm where we had it last year is still available for this year. Otherwise, I'd kinda like to see it in a totally different place, like maybe the South East, like Georgia or Florida, or maybe Lone Rider can host us in Texas, or maybe Dr. Benny can figure something out for something out East, or maybe even a Canadian can offer a place, which would kinda make sense on account of how many Canadians have made a trek to Colorado or Minnesota and even Wisconsin.
  2. bananaman

Oddometer:
    This space reserved for future info and shit.

Directions:

look at a map of Wisconsin and find Richland Center. Hwy 14 goes west from Richland Center and about 7 miles from Richland Center, Highway Z goes North. The house is on the corner of Lingel Lane, Tuckaway Valley Road, and Highway Z. The address is 22990 Hwy Z, Richland Center, Wi.

The other farm- where we'll play, and where anyone can camp, is on Violet Road and Hwy 171, 2 miles west of Boaz. Go west on 171 to an unmarked gravel road. You'll know that you passed it if you come to Cty F. The gravel road goes south from Hwy 171 and all the land on both sides is mine. When you get to the top of the hill Violet Road goes west. When you get to the top of the ridge you should go off-road. We'll either camp on top of the ridge or way in the back, at the top of the field we call Brown.

3. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    How many days and what time of year are you thing, Max?

Where I am in TX sucks hairy goat balls for riding. I do have a goat, but she doesn't have balls. :D....in case you were wondering...

I haven't been to Big Bend in a few years. It offers more than you can gather, but isn't the best during hot season.

I still think Copper Canyon overflows the limited size cup we all carry around.
  4. bananaman

Oddometer:
    mmmm... Copper Canyon....

Where and When is up to you guys. Other than my few horse shows, I'm fairly flexible once my kids graduate, which is done by mid-June, and I don't plan on having any more kids before mid-June. (Note dirty look from SO sitting next to me. And then she says, "Unless someone surprises you from the past!"

I'm cool with anything within about 2,000 miles of the midwest.
  5. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista Supporter

Oddometer:
    I kinda thought we'd settled in on your place. I just made a post at the end of last year's thread with some ideas. Daveg & I have been talking about this while riding around Cambodia. We both like the idea of settling on one spot and one approximate date.
    If we're not going to use your place I would gladly hand off the task of finding a place and date to someone else.
    I'm stuck in Phnom Penh after my passport got stolen waiting for my appointment with the embassy on Wednesday. Hell I might still be stuck here when this year's W2R2 (see my post in the other thread) takes place.
    BTW, anywhere down south, especially Florida, is out for me. Any time of the year.
  6. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer:
    Sold it's agreed. The 2013 Latin American Riders Rallye will be held in Cambodia. :evil
  7. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Creel is an excellent place for a rally. Both the H-U and Chabochis (hairy faced white guy) Rallies were held there and it was a total blast. Just sayin'
  8. Nata Harli

Oddometer:
    :clap Good, I'm getting kinda lonely down here all by myself.

Can't even get a massage since I crashed and messed up some ribs. Heading to the embassy tomorrow and hoping they can get me a new passport ASAP and I'm heading to Chiang Mai in northern Thailand.
  9. ElReyDelSofa

ElReyDelSofa Desubicado

Oddometer:
    Didn't know they got much north of your belly button on a "massage" :lol3

Saludos,

Martín
  10. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know I nice park in Crane, MO with a wonderfully cool creek running right through it located to some excellent riding all over the place.

Lot closer to Kansas City too:wink:

One of these years it should be in Mexico, maybe 10 years:lol3
  11. RW66

RW66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A guy named Jose has a hotel close to the middle of town that might be able to work a deal with....20 +- rooms....
    A lot of good day trips....Real de Catorce...mabe overnight.....a loop down through Valparaiso....over the hills through Indian country ending up in Durango and back to Zacatecas....a hard day but beautiful country and great ridding.....easy ride to Asientos and Lago de Cristo Roto for lunch and back to Zacatecas......
    I don't mean to derail your thread but if you are thinking Mexico, there could be a lot to do around here..
  12. Nata Harli

Oddometer:
    It wouldn't be a rallye without Throttlemeister. Wherever you want us to hold it, John, has my vote.
  13. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    :nod
  14. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    You coming Vinny:ear Lots of :freaky just like old times;
    [​IMG]

A lot of what I'm planning this year has to do with the metal in my leg coming out around July possibly...VZ is calling.

Ken you and the rest of the collective should decide and I will do my best to show up for the gtg.
  15. Nata Harli

Oddometer:
  16. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    What is the end goal?
    More riders?
    A Horizons kinda thingy?

What is the goal?
  17. Nata Harli

Oddometer:
    I think we've definitely decided we don't want a HU type event.
    15-20 participants (veterans & rookies), laid back atmosphere, sharing of ideas/stories, helping fellow travelers who are thinking of riding to areas unknown. That's my ideal rallye.
  18. colomtnbiker

colomtnbiker wimpy old guy

Oddometer:
    Well Nata, this could give you a reason to have a second rallye for the worldly types.My vote would be no name change. Maybe I'll show up this year. And besides, does Bman know how to bbq a dog?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zDG1mtpUYg
    Love from snowy Colorado,
    Cmtnbiker
  19. mundobravo

mundobravo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in for where ever, when ever ... there will be beer right ?
  20. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    You and I will be drinking for sure amigo:freaky

How do your run down to Copper Canyon go:ear