Autometer vs Acewell

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by SERE Nate, May 8, 2013.

1. SERE Nate

SERE Nate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. bmwhacker

bmwhacker Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer:
    looks nicer than the Acewell ...but yow...$425.00?
    The cheaper $269.00 version isn't as purty but the price sure is....but no function lights.
    I've been using an Acewell for nearly 4 years and it still works fine...and was only $125.00 back when I bought it.
  3. bill42

bill42 Old-School BMWs

Oddometer:
    I agree that the acewells do not look vintage. I bought one but now I kind of wish I bought the motogadget gauge, which is the most vintage looking gauge with lots of features that I have ever seen. Look into them. Hard to find data in English about them, but lots of Europeans are putting them on airheads.
  4. Kai Ju

Kai Ju Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here is one of my favorites if I could afford it, that is.

http://tinyurl.com/cadu7da

You'll have to come up with the warning/idiot lights but that's doable as well. A inmate found these and i bookmarked the site for future reference.

http://tinyurl.com/cjcgs44
  5. SERE Nate

Oddometer:
    That's awesome. I wonder how well the gps works though? I am wanting to mount something in my /7 headlight bucket I think. Trying to keep it as clean as possible.
  6. bill42

bill42 Old-School BMWs

Oddometer:
  7. SERE Nate

Oddometer:
    motogadget one is very cool. I wish that it had a combo unit with speedo and tach.
  8. bill42

bill42 Old-School BMWs

Oddometer:
    well as you can see the RPM's are given at the bottom... but I hear you. A sweeping needle is far better for keeping track of RPMs.
  9. SERE Nate

Oddometer:

they make one of that has turn signals and high beam lights. I wonder if I could make the high beam light my oil indicator light.......
  10. bill42

bill42 Old-School BMWs

Oddometer:
    Just want to correct my own post above... The big sweeping dial is the tach. Duhhh. SO the LCD readout can show the speed in MPH or KPH or it can show lots of other data. My friend has this gauge and I saw it last night. It has a remote switch you mount on your bars to toggle through the different data readings. He also bought a super-bright remote mount rev-limit light. There are tons of accessories. In the USA you can buy through Spiegler: http://www.spieglerusa.com/gauges-instruments/motogadget.html

On one hand this gauge seems pretty expensive, but if you compare it to buying a slash 5 rebuilt multi-gauge, it come out pretty similar in price or just a little more.