Great motorcycle campground

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by tellicowayne, Feb 18, 2013.

1. tellicowayne

tellicowayne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings all,

Just a note to introduce ourselves. My wife Kellie and I (Wayne) own Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground (formerly Cherohala Motorcycle Resort) in Tellico Plains Tennessee. It's a great place to stay when riding the trails in Eastern Tennessee. We offer seven heated/air conditioned cabins that sleep two (two twin beds), have boot and glove dryers and all your bed and shower linens. If you have stayed here before we have made many changes and upgrades including, new mattresses in all the cabins, heated/air conditioned main building and bathrooms, new gas grill for your use in the outdoor pavillion, and a tire changer and wheel balancer for those quick tube or tire changes. We strive to keep our rates affordable at only $50 per night (plus tax) per cabin and $10 per person/per night for tent camping. Check us out at cycleresort.com and hope to see you all soon as the weather turns warmer in the near future.
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  3. SenorFeliz

SenorFeliz hangin' out

Oddometer:
    hey Wayne, nice place. you going to be open mid-march? heading down that way for a weekend ride. need to stay somewhere for a night or two.
  4. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Wayne, glad to see the resort is back open! Our group has a lot of history there (DOG- Dualsporters Of Georgia) from the Mark and Renee days. I will have to stop by and stay for a night sometime soon.

The property is really nice and we've had many good times there!
  5. tellicowayne

tellicowayne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would love to have you come and stay, we are open year round, so when you're ready come on over :D
  6. Timo Explorer

Timo Explorer Trail Wizard

Oddometer:
    Stayed for three nights last weekend. Awesome place for a base camp. Very clean with all the amenities, everything you need is here including our gracious hosts Wayne and Kellie. Super folks who have worked hard to make this the best motorcycle resort in the US. Loads of local knowledge to help you plan your day, and then enjoy the campfire and great talk in the evening. Cabins were super clean and well-looked after.

Thanks Wayne and Kellie, you guys are like family now. We will be back, soon I hope.:clap
  7. Married Man

Married Man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. SenorFeliz

SenorFeliz hangin' out

Oddometer:
    ya, what Timo said. an excellent place to stay right in the middle of incredible roads. we will be back.:clap

9. Tetched

Tetched Left over from the 70's Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great place to stay. Clean and quite. Very gracious couple runnin the place. Right in the middle of Great Roads.

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb
  10. sagedrifter

sagedrifter Southern Explorer

Oddometer:
    A bump to an old thread.... I've been looking for another motorcycle friendly place to camp at near Tellico. Nice to know its open year round.

Should be a good location for a fall ride base for me...
  11. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stayed there a few years ago....old owners. Was a great place then. Gotta try it again.
  12. Bump Stop

Bump Stop 2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer:
    Is there any good singletrack near you Wayne?
  13. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
    See Tellico Moto Outfitters for trail information!
  14. lilrascal55

lilrascal55 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    stayed there in sept. everything was nice. kellie even made a beer run for us don't get any better service than that.
  15. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    I see from their website they are dog friendly too! I think Barley and I have found a pitstop on our trip to the RA rally in Alabama next May. :D

[​IMG]
  16. justlookin

justlookin Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    A buddy and I rode 1/2 of the KAT 2 weeks ago - weather was lousy and looked better further south so we decided to break off and ride down to the dragon - my buddy had never seen it and I knew there was some fun dirt around there. We stayed 2 nights and all I kept thinking about was that I could live in that cabin - very nice, nice folks too.