The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. RayMurdock

RayMurdock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much - nice bikes btw!
  2. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam
    Cool, glad you confirmed it since I hadn't actually touched that screw, I just thought it could help solve some folks stalling issue or was at least a good place to start without doing things that could have negative effects.
  3. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Turn the screw clockwise to increase idle? Or have I got that backwards?
  4. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    Yeah, loosen nut then turn set screw clockwise, or tighten to increase idle. You'll probably need to hold the set screw with allen key while tightening the nut back up. At least that how I've done it on similar FI bikes and why I noticed this on the LRP back in January when you were having stalling issues.
    It shouldn't take much turning to slightly increase the idle, maybe RayM can give more details about the LRP since I've only done it on other bikes.
  5. Boismj03

Boismj03 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a CRF 250 L EJK fuel controller. $175 shipped
    I also have I a stock tail light assembly if any one is interested.

I've sold the bike.
  6. Vspec

Vspec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tonight will doing a dry run of installing my Acerbis MULTICONCEPT X-PRO Handguard Kit (I should have gotten white instead of black :baldy), I also tried to install my Emperor Racing skidplate but ran into the following issue:

The rear mounting bracket needs to slide between the engine case and some frame gusset but it looks like the bracket (alu flat bar) is too thick and will need some serious convincing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will call them Monday but I was wondering is anyone here already installed one and if they rant into the same issue?

*Re-Edit*

Figured it out, the key is to insert it perpendicularly to the ground and then drop it back so it rests parallel to the ground.

[​IMG]
  7. gnath9

gnath9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HaHa! I had the same "challenge" fitting my emperor racing skid plate!! I finally installed the bar by inserting it from the top side. Good to know I am not alone in my mechanical issues !!!!
  9. Vspec

Vspec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I face palmed myself once I figured it out, logical yet not obvious at all. I wished the instructions would tell you how to insert the bar. Otherwise I can tell it will take any abuse I give it.
  10. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't recall having a problem when installing my Emperor plate and I'm usually not good at figuring out puzzles! All I know is it's an awesome skid plate....the quality is top notch!
  11. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/54423038" width="1279" height="719" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
  12. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl Super Supporter

Oddometer:

awesome video! :clap:clap:clap

did you feel like the guy in the Bourne Legacy movie?? although I understand the 250L had a stunt double in that...:lol3

thanks for the effort it took to do the cool vid!
  13. RayMurdock

RayMurdock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adjusted it yesterday - very easy. Should be done once warm, needed quite some rotations. Did few hours of testing: no stalling anymore :clap
  14. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Interesting that it needed multiple rotations- I will test it out on the CRF250L we have at work first. Then I will go back to mine and clip together the O2 sensor before starting to adjust it. Then I can test to see if I can feel the difference between O2 connected or disconnected. It certainly runs better disconnected now (as the team at EJK recommended).
  15. ryguy83

ryguy83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Could you tell me why you have sold the bike?honestly.

Thanks,

Ry
  16. topping

topping Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just an update on my clutch issues.

When i had the clutch go the first time i only replaced the friction pad plates this caused slippage because the steels in between needed replacing too. This time i done booth the steels and the plates and also used heavy duty springs from CRG in Thailand. So far so good and i havent had any slippage yet.

I used stock honda plates and soaked them in oil over night before the install.
  17. Potosi Joe

Potosi Joe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thinking about a CRF250L. I weigh 230lbs. Would it do ok with my weight? Thanks Joe
  18. Auto-X Fil

Auto-X Fil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What kind of riding are you doing? How tall are you?
  19. Potosi Joe

Potosi Joe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dual sporting, mild trail riding. 5'10" tall. Thanks Joe
  20. Mk5mike

Mk5mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am one inch taller and same weight and I rock this crf250l every where. But I keep my speed low has to have plenty of throttle left to over take a situation if needed. Hwy speed is 62-65mph. Not much throttle pass that. Also climbed a grade at over 65mph with some tuck and 5th gear strung out. Also had camping gear on board.