Northwestern VA Tag!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by bwalsh, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Beast Rider

Beast Rider Beast Rider

Oddometer:
    I know one thing for sure....if you play this game long enough...you will turn over more rocks, look in more stumps, look behind more fenceposts, under more ramp jumps, etc...and not find the tag...you won't believe it. The worst I had was a tag that OMR put beside a tree that had vines on it by a stone wall. I figured out the road and when I got there....I found about 40 trees beside a 200 yard stone wall that ALL had vines on them! Being a fairly intelligent guy I thought, SHIT...I should have taken a better look. It is what makes this a fun game. I should say however that you really can look like an idiot walking along a country road in ATGATT....and somebody comes up and is suspicious and asks you if you need any help....what they really want to know is what the heck you are doing there. Your answer ...I am looking for a small rubber duck!...:lol3:lol3
  2. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's for sure!
    I remember that tag. The one up near White Post I believe. It's the easy ones that will throw you.
    Well, I was thinking of grabbing the tag tonight but that deer that ran in front of me on one of the side streets in town swayed my decision...:eek1
    I just played these two games instead and came home. These are good to look at before you go for one of the local tags. They are a lot of fun too!

Last letter is the first letter tag

North American Wild card tag

Then there is this one too. Folks from all over the world play it! I stole my Avatar from one of the pics used in the game.

Global Wild card tag

I would have played that one too but couldn't figure out off the top of my head where a produce stand or any roadside food vendor would be this time of year.
  3. Beast Rider

Beast Rider Beast Rider

Oddometer:
    Out of town starting tonight for about a week....Keep up the good work folks and be sure to bruce somebody every day or so....that's one of the best parts...:lol3
  4. douglasgraham

douglasgraham This is my car

Oddometer:
    Grabbed RD after being Bruced yesterday. He was on Oregon Road off of Howellsville Road route 603. Thank god bwalsh listed the 52 stumps on this road but Ill add that there are 54.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New tag coming after I get some breakfast.
  5. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice slightly chilly morning for tagging!:clap
  6. douglasgraham

Oddometer:
    Here is RD2 in his new hiding place.

[​IMG]

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> And covered up.

[​IMG]

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> The parking lot. RD is just to the left and below the left hand grip in this photo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> The entrance to this area.

[​IMG]

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> Clues to where he is. This place is off of a public road but the lane he is on is not. It is however a public area open from dawn to dusk. High in the mountains and north and its name is two words. The first is plural and associated with Ursus Americanus the second word is where this animal goes in the winter.
  7. Beast Rider

Beast Rider Beast Rider

Oddometer:
    DG....great grab and tag...but sadly I can't go there in the morning as I am out of town....:cry....good one...:clap
  8. douglasgraham

Oddometer:
    I think the "stump counter" knows where it is and Im sure he will make a run for it in the morning.
  9. ruralgold

ruralgold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know exactly where this one is, but church is in the morning, so I'll probably have to pass on this one. :wink:
  10. ClutchCargo55

ClutchCargo55 650XChallenge

Oddometer:
    I looked at the clues for this latest Tag and couldn't make it work.

Bears Den Rd over near Warrenton fits the names, but it is definitely not north or in the mountains and I could not find any parking area as shown.

I found no other Cubs Den, Blacks Den, Blacks Cave, Bears Cave, etc. roads.

I'm Stumped.

:eek1
  11. douglasgraham

Oddometer:
    Another clue........ <style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style>Vagabonds, wanderlust and adventure travelers like this place.
  12. ClutchCargo55

Oddometer:
    Oh I got it !
    It's at the Wanderlust Hostel just North of Gunnison, CO in the Rocky Mountains and they had a Black bear problem last year that they had to track back to it's den.
    :scratch
    Well......close, right?
  13. Old Man River

Old Man River Possumdog!

Oddometer:
    Just off Blueridge Mountain Rd at the top of the mountain east of Berryville. Sweet spot!
    [​IMG]

And a wider shot ...
    [​IMG]

Switching bikes and going to set the new tag now .... maybe a little dirt .... we will just have to wait and see what I find :evil
  14. Old Man River

Old Man River Possumdog!

Oddometer:
    Our Christmas duck at the base of a sign post ....
    [​IMG]

Covered up ....
    [​IMG]

And a step back ....
    [​IMG]

The duck is at the base of the End State Maintenance sign. The road our duck friend is on shares it's name with a city in Oregon that could be described as being an uptown home town, with a population of over 90,380 people. The road is a 600 series road that the sum of the numbers equals 14.

Happy Duck Hunting! :lol3
  15. Old Man River

Old Man River Possumdog!

Oddometer:
    BTW - you should ride through the water and clean your wheels before making the grab!
    [​IMG]

:rofl
  16. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hillsboro Rd., Just South of Huntly. I didn't catch the route number, if it has one...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes I did run through the bike wash! :lol3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

New tag tomorrow!
  17. ruralgold

ruralgold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice tag...both of you guys! New duck is really getting around, isn't he?

John, good to see you on here. Don't give up on the tag, you'll get one.
  18. ClutchCargo55

Oddometer:
    I figured where RD2 was last eve and almost rode my bike in to work today to go grab it at lunch. But I was afraid that I would not have time to relocate the little Dude.

Bob just can't seem to let those close ones sit !
    :rofl
  19. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is Rudy, the red...er...orange nose rain duck sitting on top of this rotting log...
    [​IMG]

Covered up...
    [​IMG]

A few steps back...
    [​IMG]

Obligatory bike shot...
    [​IMG]

Obligatory speedometer shot...
    [​IMG]

Now for clues...
    The name of the road is the same last name as a guy's who writes for the daily show with Jon Stewart and also for Mad magazine.
    The tag is on a sharp bend in the road but not on the named road itself which also has a curve there. If you study Google maps view of the road in question it will/should become clear. :evil

Also, this is the 182nd tag. :clap Lets see if we can get 200 before the New year! That's 18 more tags in 33 days.:deal
  20. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just had one inmate, who's user name shall remain nameless, PM me wanting more clues.